Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    Downloaded the app but Kasperskys flagging some files as phishing links apparently for some reason. Dunno what they are though.
    If possible can you look at what it flagged and let me know the details of them? (such as what it flagged, what it was flagged as, etc.) so I can send Kaspersky a false-positive report.

Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    Part of my keyboard macros dont work anymore after some ccleaner. Example, none of @,#, + macros work anymore, HOME is bound to make mule follow now it only change camera to my back, del, end F keys macros dont work anymore, after spaming sclk key they start working for a second then nothing. Outside ffxi all keys work as intended.
    This was due to an update pushed yesterday, another was pushed last night which should fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    In which Folder do you have to place Ashita install files for it to be able to see Playonline?
    Getting the following error but I couldn't find an option to manually set the path of the game

Code:
    System.Exception: Failed to obtain PlayOnline path from system registry.
       in Ashita.Classes.AshitaInjector.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<LaunchConfiguration>b__0()
    You need to adjust the POL language setting in the configuration you are trying to launch. Right-click the config and choose 'Edit Configuration'. Under 'Advanced' on the left, there is Languages at the top. Change PlayOnline's language to match which one you have installed.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    You need to adjust the POL language setting in the configuration you are trying to launch. Right-click the config and choose 'Edit Configuration'. Under 'Advanced' on the left, there is Languages at the top. Change PlayOnline's language to match which one you have installed.
    I checked that but I didn't see option for my language.
    The available options are "Japanese", "English (US)", "French" and "German". There's no "English (EU)".
    It was the same in the old Ashita 2.0 if I recall.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I checked that but I didn't see option for my language.
    The available options are "Japanese", "English (US)", "French" and "German". There's no "English (EU)".
    It was the same in the old Ashita 2.0 if I recall.
    The languages in the list are not meant to be a direct connection to what actual language you have installed, but rather just where POL is found in the registry.

For example:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline
    - This is the main Japanese POL registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline US
    - This is the main English POL registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline EU
    - This is the main European POL registry key.

That said, since you mentioned you have English (EU) you probably need to pick one of the European languages for Ashita to find your key properly. This will not alter how language is displayed in the game or via Ashita though unless you change that language option as well.

Campaign
    BG Level

Working with "French", thanks

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you atom0s.

Campaign
    BG Level

Experiencing strange crashes on Ashita3 with Windows 10 Creators' Edition.

They happen when I alt tab. When I try to go back to the Ashita window, nothing happens, but I can "hear" from the sound effects that my mouse is interacting with the FFXI window, even if I'm not seeing it on my screen.
    If I then try to do Windows+D (show desktop) and then I try to access the FFXI window again, I get a Pol Crash error.
    As long as I don't alt-tab, everything looks fine.

I play in full screen btw, if you need more details/parameters I can tell you everything you need.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hate to even have to ask but with ashita cast. where do I put my xml files so that ashita cast will read them when i reload it. I tried putting the file in the ashitacast folder and the sample xml folder, but when I reload the plugin there is nothing for it to read.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Mine is C:\ashita\config\Ashitacast\Name_JOB.xml

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    I hate to even have to ask but with ashita cast. where do I put my xml files so that ashita cast will read them when i reload it. I tried putting the file in the ashitacast folder and the sample xml folder, but when I reload the plugin there is nothing for it to read.
    I'm not on my home pc with ashita and am far too lazy to pull up the ashita documentation and hunt, but... I think you just drop the xml files directly in the ashitacast folder (not a sub folder under it). You have to name the file your char name and the job if i recall and it reads it that way (e.g., Limelight_Brd).

This is all by memory so I could be misstating, I can take a look tonight to double check if someone doesnt chime in and correct me.

Edit: to slow, what the guy above me said is an easier way of saying it...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently using a rather expensive docking station and modern nvida graphics card does weird things. While able to see just fine utilizing the docking station on multiple monitors, POL crashed. To remedy it, I had to route one monitor directly through the laptop and all works fine. This is using the most current driver software for everything. I'm guessing it's the 'docking station' as trying to access my nvida card settings gave an error they didn't exist unless the laptop was open or a monitor was directly routed through it.

#nothingtoseehere

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    Apparently using a rather expensive docking station and modern nvida graphics card does weird things. While able to see just fine utilizing the docking station on multiple monitors, POL crashed. To remedy it, I had to route one monitor directly through the laptop and all works fine. This is using the most current driver software for everything. I'm guessing it's the 'docking station' as trying to access my nvida card settings gave an error they didn't exist unless the laptop was open or a monitor was directly routed through it.

#nothingtoseehere
    When you dock the system, it is going to land up causing your graphics device to 'reset'. This crashes FFXI regardless if you use Ashita/Windower/normal game client due to how the game is coded. While SE did add their own windowing option, they never removed all the anti-alt+tab code and cleanup the game engine to actually support when a device is reset properly. So instead, whenever Reset is called, the game fails back to POL. On a private server, it'll just die out entirely.

In the past I have tried to circumvent this and force the game to handle the call properly, but the various asset allocation for graphics related things (textures, shaders, vertex/index buffers, etc.) but the game is not coded in a manner that it wants to allow any alterations to these things and instead dies due to the call.

You are doing nothing wrong, it is sadly just how the game is coded.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

First off, thank you for making this. My laptop GFX card has 0 support for DX8 so your DX8->DX9 + Ashita combo has made the game playable (7.7fps to 60+FPS). However, I do have one small issue that I'm sure is covered _somewhere_ -- brightness. I have to crank up my screen brightness to maximum at night time to see the background / non-targetable obstacles. I'm sorry if it's documented somewhere I missed, but could you please help me ? If not, I understand. Again, thank you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Grayn View Post
    First off, thank you for making this. My laptop GFX card has 0 support for DX8 so your DX8->DX9 + Ashita combo has made the game playable (7.7fps to 60+FPS). However, I do have one small issue that I'm sure is covered _somewhere_ -- brightness. I have to crank up my screen brightness to maximum at night time to see the background / non-targetable obstacles. I'm sorry if it's documented somewhere I missed, but could you please help me ? If not, I understand. Again, thank you.
    Matix helped me with this the other day. I think it's /ambient

I'd have to go check, but I think that's what it was. Brightened things up quite nicely.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

I figured it out. I had bump and mip mapping on. I turned them off and everything worked as intended, including /ambient (which wasn't with both of those turned on for me). Looks great.

I do have a new question, though.

I'm trying to use /bind !j /target <p2>

doesn't work. any ideas?

and the traveler
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure bind by default should work if ashita is running. maybe re-install to a different folder and see how it operates there?

also for /ambient, you can always reference the included docs:

/ambient
    - Toggles ambient lighting mode. (Also allows setting the color.)
    - Format : /ambient [optional_number] [optional_number] [optional_number] [optional_number]
    - Example : /ambient (This will toggle ambient lighting.)
    - Example : /ambient 1 (This will enable ambient lighting, use 0 to disable it.)
    - Example : /ambient 255 255 0 0 (This will set the ambient lighting to (ARGB) red. The first number is the alpha.)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    I'm pretty sure bind by default should work if ashita is running. maybe re-install to a different folder and see how it operates there?

also for /ambient, you can always reference the included docs:

/ambient
    - Toggles ambient lighting mode. (Also allows setting the color.)
    - Format : /ambient [optional_number] [optional_number] [optional_number] [optional_number]
    - Example : /ambient (This will toggle ambient lighting.)
    - Example : /ambient 1 (This will enable ambient lighting, use 0 to disable it.)
    - Example : /ambient 255 255 0 0 (This will set the ambient lighting to (ARGB) red. The first number is the alpha.)
    Nah, that was just making the already-ambient-lighting-objects SUPER bright. It's because my GFX card is too new, doesn't support Directx8 anymore. I used the creator of Ashita's Directx8 -> 9.0 wrapper and the lighting started working as intended. All fixed thanks to him.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

While the new documentation is not finished yet, you can find it here:
    http://ashita.atom0s.com/wiki2/doku.php

This will replace the old wiki as soon as I feel it has enough data to replace the old one. I want to get addon/plugin help info there first before I do replace the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayn View Post
    I figured it out. I had bump and mip mapping on. I turned them off and everything worked as intended, including /ambient (which wasn't with both of those turned on for me). Looks great.

I do have a new question, though.

I'm trying to use /bind !j /target <p2>

doesn't work. any ideas?
    Just personally tested this and I'm not having issues with binding like this. Are you certain nothing is blocking the keypress outside of the game? Like custom keyboard drivers or programs like CUE for Corsair hardware.

I'll take my laps if this is a dumb bad question and all.

I've been trying out Ashita on one of my characters (do a lot of multi-boxing) and I've noticed that my FPS goes to total balls (10 or less) when I warp into town. I've been running at 800x600 and haven't adjusted any settings beyond that. I've been running Windower on my other chars with much higher settings and haven't had these problems.

What should I look into to unfuck this?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    If possible can you look at what it flagged and let me know the details of them? (such as what it flagged, what it was flagged as, etc.) so I can send Kaspersky a false-positive report.
    It flagged 4 files as phishing links
    +
    17.05.2017 11.16.20;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...x8.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:20
    17.05.2017 11.16.21;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...ps.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:21
    17.05.2017 11.16.22;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...ct.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:22
    17.05.2017 11.16.27;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...pe.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:27

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFriend View Post
    I'll take my laps if this is a dumb bad question and all.

I've been trying out Ashita on one of my characters (do a lot of multi-boxing) and I've noticed that my FPS goes to total balls (10 or less) when I warp into town. I've been running at 800x600 and haven't adjusted any settings beyond that. I've been running Windower on my other chars with much higher settings and haven't had these problems.

What should I look into to unfuck this?
    Can you tell me your system specs? (Processor, RAM, GPU, etc.) Also what addons/plugins are you using on Ashita when this happens and what zone(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    It flagged 4 files as phishing links
    +
    17.05.2017 11.16.20;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...x8.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:20
    17.05.2017 11.16.21;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...ps.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:21
    17.05.2017 11.16.22;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...ct.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:22
    17.05.2017 11.16.27;Dangerous URL blocked;http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Ashita/...pe.h;Heuristic Analysis;Ashita;05/17/2017 11:16:27
    Wow.. it's flagging official files from Microsoft rofl. I love how terrible anti-virus' have become these days. -_-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast