+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Sinbad's Shazaam remake incoming.

Just kidding. It never existed!

http://www.newstatesman.com/science-...-think-it-does

Meredith Upton, a 25-year-old videographer from Nashville, Tennessee, also remembers the same film. “Whenever I would see Sinbad anywhere in the media I would recall him playing a genie,” she says. “I remember the name of the film as Shazaam. I remember two children accidentally summoning a genie… and they try and wish for their dad to fall in love again after their mother’s passing, and Sinbad can’t [grant the wish].”
    However Sinbad has been posting on twitter trying to deny the movie was ever made.

Personally at first I was like "yeah, wasn't there?" But the Shaq's Kazaam one is probably what I was thinking of. (I have never seen it.) What I find interesting is that the plot line everyone seems to remember is different than the Kazaam one (though similar).

Sinbad did mention on twitter he would make a genie movie just so people would stop asking him if he was in the genie movie. People are bombarding him with shopped pictures of the VHS cover.

So, do you remember this film?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I remember Kazaam, not Shazaam.

Yeah, Kazaam was thing, among Shaq's usual terrible movies, but I'm not recalling this one despite the few years my folks had that video store in the mid/late-90's. Stuff like this we'd actually air within the store itself, usually for us kids to not be bored when down there, but sometimes it got people renting whatever was on, too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More of the Mandela Effect in action?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    More of the Mandela Effect in action?
    Bingo. My wife brought this up to me and initially I said "Yeah, I remember" until I realized I meant the Shaq movie Kazaam and the fact that Sinbad wore those loose fitting track suits that sorta reminded me of MC Hammer pants.

That said; I will swear to my grave it's the Bearstein Bears.