Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, I had refresh/regen/regain for a short period when the negative auras went poof, and none of those came from my trusts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A LS mate and I just had a look at Intense Very Difficult Ambuscade.

1 main Lamia NM with 2 adds. We wiped, obviously as there were only two of us. The SMN did a 9.8k Volt Strike on one of the adds which knocked it down to 93%. The other add hit me with almost looked like a Shadowbind type move, but instead of Bind, you got petrified. It isn't a gaze attack as I was facing away from it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright, so SC+MB doesn't seem to be swapping it. Not sure what I did to swap its auras, but this time I've done three big bursts with no change. Maybe I'm not hitting hard enough, idk. But I imagine I'm missing the mechanic.

Edit: And at some point while I was typing this, he swapped over randomly. Took huge amounts of extra physical damage during the positive aura though; I went from ~4k CDC to 16k and 19k CDC. But the hell? I have no idea what's going on to cause this change. XD

Edit2: LSMate just did VD Flan, said it had an Meva-, Mdef-, Addle aura instead. He went in as a manaburn setup. So I am completely idk clueless. \o/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Flan has the expected resistance to physical and increased damage taken to magic. Seems fairly easily stunnable as my autos ws stunned it about as often as it does xp mobs and this was on VD. Seems to only cast ice/water/stone aga 2/3

At some point near the end I'm not sure what happened but my ranged dmgs quadrupled and the skillchain dmg off those ws increased by an extra double. ie if ws was 2k and resulted in 3k skillchain after whatever happened it went to 8k and 24k. Actually did a 70k gravitation in there. Looking back thru the logs though it seems like skillchain dmg compared to closing ws was slowly going up thru the fight. Though even those were odd. Was doing 4 step skillchains; liquefaction -> fusion -> gravitation. You'd expect the dmg multipliers to get bigger each step but instead the fusion would be the biggest and gravitation the smallest on earth day. Maybe weak to light strong to dark/earth? Maybe once it takes enough it switches modes?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Alright, so SC+MB doesn't seem to be swapping it. Not sure what I did to swap its auras, but this time I've done three big bursts with no change. Maybe I'm not hitting hard enough, idk. But I imagine I'm missing the mechanic.

Edit: And at some point while I was typing this, he swapped over randomly. Took huge amounts of extra physical damage during the positive aura though; I went from ~4k CDC to 16k and 19k CDC. But the hell? I have no idea what's going on to cause this change. XD
    Ken, I have an idea. Do you recall the old Matamata mechanic from Morimar Delve? It almost sounds like what you experienced is a very similar mechanic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aura took my evasion from 859 to 809 and def from 953 to 714 so I'd say -50 evasion -25% def. rr recast went to 75 seconds with no haste/fast cast

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So think the modes just might be a time based thing again. Pretty much exactly 1 minute after aggro I got the bad aura, exactly 2 minutes after it wore off it did some self move animation and got the dmg boost then 1 minute after bad auras again

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

We had one more go at VD Intense Ambuscade. x2 PUP and a COR. The adds are /NIN kiteable, so for a non-pet setup this is an option. I was able to hold the main NM + one add with my PLD auto for the most part until something took it's health from about 90% down to 8% instantly. I couldn't get to it in time to use Repair, and it caused a wipe. The other PUP popped Overdrive and had one add nearly dead solo.

Sadly, I was too far away to see what it was that took my puppet's health down so far so I'm unable to provide any info on that.

Campaign
    BG Level

The fuck is going on with Homam having that strange job list? Did they wanted to make a new acc melee set for mage jobs?
    Then they could have avoided the Macc and put something more useful for DD in there? Like you know, attack? And if that was the purpose then why the silly DT-? Which is in small amounts so hardly anything noteworthy?
    The haste levels on Head and Feet are lower than usual as well, whereas the legs have higher than usual value.
    I'm confused...

New belt for MNK is hot, but fuck paying 100 mils for that, is it a T0?
    Staff for SMN is like a mini-nirvana.
    Gonna be hot for physical BPs, maybe for Flaming Crush too?
    Rest is, I dunno, why even release only a certain amount of weapons instead of releasing at least one weapon of each type as they usually do?

I wonder if the sword enhancing thing on hands works for RUN's runes as well.
    Altough I'm afraid even if it does, it would hardly make it anything noteworthy, but maybe something fun to play with?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So yeah definitely timed on flan and right before it mode changes it does some kind of animation that reminds me of Xenoglossia but I don't see anything in the log. Basically just durdle for 3 minutes (might be some way to force it out sooner like some previous ones) and then kill it literally in a few second. Like think I only got it down to around 60-80% this time by the time it hit 3 minute mark since was actually trying to stall and bam dead in a couple of skillchains and dead

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

See, we didn't even wait that long. We switched to a setup of GEO BLM WHM BLU BLU NIN. Spam WS as normal, when it switches to slow aura we just did SC+Burst, because it took fairly decent magic damage. We just did Shun > Savage > CDC for easy double light while our BLM burst thunder spells, was pretty fast. At least this one seems pretty spammable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah you can just power thru before that since flans are super squishy to magic. But this just makes it so basically anyone that can survive 3 minutes once that's up

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

COR and RNG sound like useful DD for the flan. Strong physical WS (Savage/Last Stand), very strong magical WS (Leaden/Trueflight/WF), can ignore slow aura by just shooting for TP when slow aura is up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Windower stuff should all be updated.

Here is the issues tracker if you have issues:
    https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues

Is ashitacast broken? I keep getting exception access violation after the update and noticed my meditate macro doesnt do jack. Halp q.q

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That Was +1 staff is looking uncomfortably close to Nirvana

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarelord View Post
    Is ashitacast broken? I keep getting exception access violation after the update and noticed my meditate macro doesnt do jack. Halp q.q
    Ashita2 has a broken pointer. Ashita3 is up to date and Ashitacast will function fine.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    That Was +1 staff is looking uncomfortably close to Nirvana
    Considering it's a T0 the HQ is likely to cost more than Nirvana lol, and it will still be much worse.

The NQ instead is a nice way to close the gap a bit between Mythic and everything else for physical BPs, without any risk of scaring Nirvana owners.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    Ashita2 has a broken pointer. Ashita3 is up to date and Ashitacast will function fine.
    Bah this so conflicts me. Because ashitacast is half the reason to use but reading the 3 thread seems a few plugins weren't brought over

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Bah this so conflicts me. Because ashitacast is half the reason to use but reading the 3 thread seems a few plugins weren't brought over
    I don't think you're the only person with this sentiment, but in the end it's Atomos' choice. I don't want to speak out of turn, but if enough people feel v3 is still missing crucial plugins then there will probably be another v2 update.

That said, the goal is to eventually bring every plugin over to 3 and if you have requests for certain ones to be expedited I'm sure it can be done. Whether it's today or next update, eventually v2 will be completely defunct.