+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Champs vs Pros is HYPE AF

The season preview at the end of ep 1 was better than the entire season of Invasion of the Champs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So good.

Lolo is a damn lunatic, she's perfect for the show. My only regret is we don't get to see champ v pro in eliminations but watching Shawne merriman vs Wes wouldn't be very fair anyway. Fingers crossed to see a pro crush Ashley's stupid face

Through one episode it looks like this experiment was genius

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My DVR recorded the Champs vs. Pros, but not the Reunion for some reason, so I watched it, despite my initial ambivalence, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

It's funny how you think the good athletes from the Challenge are elite level, and then you have actual world-class athletes out there. What Lolo did on the wall climb elimination truly showed the champs what they were up against. Although if they stick with games that the Champs have (for the most part) played before, they might have a chance. Anything that's purely straight up athletic between the two, it likely won't be a contest.

Louise's lime trick seemed obvious to me, but I'm surprised that nobody else caught on. Pretty sure that wouldn't have flown at all, if that was the Champions on that side.

It will also be interesting to see if any of these people come back for a later season. Some of them are certainly too famous and won't take the time off their primary jobs, but others might be well suited.

Champs vs. Pros eliminations would be fun, but should probably be something puzzle related and not a physical elimination. I think that might be one-sided to the point of being dangerous.

And why couldn't they get Laurel for this one? She seems like the best choice of all available female options. Hell, Emily might have come out for this one since they never have to leave LA.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The season preview at the end of the episode looks fucking nuts lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finally watched the 1st episode of Champs Challenge Vets vs Pros. How many times is Victor Cruz going to say "agility"? Hope he has a new word of the day next week.

Lolo is absolutely nuts and totally irrational. She's perfectly annoying for this show. I was actually surprised with Louise's lime switcharoo because it never crossed my mind that these "non-reality tv stars" were capable of such deceptive strategy. Brilliant by her. Lolo was being an entitled little shit and put a target on her back off jump. Is she still a "virgin"? She is a lot less feminine than I thought. I was getting a hint of roid rage.

Veronica's strategy was all wrong. My goodness. How does your opponent fall off and still smoke you to the top. And Veronica ended up with bloody fingers for her troubles.

I wish they would let the Pros go first so their inexperience (and not watching the blueprint) would neutralize their athleticism. Good start to this show.

BG Level

Well, that was the "agility" challenge. Next week will be "strength" or "endurance" or something else. Vic said specifically at the start that each time they'd be testing another skill.

Last part is a fair point, but it doesn't totally close the experience gap. Did he say anything specific about the Vets going first to indicate that they always would in challenges like that? For all we know, Pros might go first next time by virtue of winning this one, or it could even be random. I'd be surprised if all the challenges are like that, rather than running side-by-side or actually have them going against each other. I didn't pay attention to what the challenges were looking like in the season preview.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

AND DOWN GOES BANANAS!!!

Good episode. Lolo Jones is certified crazy. There is no way she can sustain a long term relationship of any kind with someone with a backbone. She flies off the deepend over the smallest things and if she doesn't get her way, she throws a testosterone fueled tantrum. You have to handle her with the softest of kid gloves unless you are pulling her to the side and giving her encouragement.

I thought Shawn Merriman was going to die in that ketchup, lmao.

Also, both of Darrell's players lost the elimination. Great strategy Louise came up with noticing that Shawn was left handed and would most likely be swiping left to right instead of right to left.

Also: INGWANUDITY brought to you by Camilla and Smashley.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Bananas being speechless was amazing

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Bananas being speechless was amazing

I was so happy he lost, fuck Bananas

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quick comment about last week's "14 Times Our Challengers Lost Thier Shit", I'm disappointed that CT/Adam wasn't #1 or even make the list for that matter. I suspect they want to distance themselves from that moment in Challenge history where physical violence occurred.

BG Level

I haven't really paid attention during any of those so I didn't even think about that. I think that even if he weren't "good guy CT" now, that would be waaaay over whatever hypothetical line they have.

Still really enjoying this season. Is it too much to ask for them to find some middle ground between this and the total belligerence/idiotic "pranks" on regular seasons? I liked this shit when they'd go bowling, or play football, or this week go to a freaking batting cage. It's as if they're just having fun. What a crazy idea. As for the rest of that episode:

Spoiler: show
    Must be nice getting a pass, CT. I love how he just sort of laughed about that because he's obviously not "peak CT" anymore and Cara Maria calling Jordan a wannabe Bananas or something? Love it. Punk going is the first real bummer for me, at least considering the elimination matchups through 4 weeks. My guess for the twist next week that makes Ashley want to quit is dual captains, a team arena, and a quad elimination.

Here's something I've been thinking about since the end of the 1st episode. Will they finally let Lolo be captain and throw because they'd rather take a chance at her in an elimination than a final?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Here's something I've been thinking about since the end of the 1st episode. Will they finally let Lolo be captain and throw because they'd rather take a chance at her in an elimination than a final?
    I would be really surprised if the Pros threw a challenge. Maybe Louise, given her lime trick in the first episode, but I think they are, as a team, far too competitive to let that happen, and I don't think they've quite embraced that element of the challenge yet.

BG Level

I agree with that though it's been pretty interesting how they show the pros kind of adjusting to the game/format. I don't think that would happen unless they were pushed to the limit on that. After all, this is just a charity event and 19 out of 20 people have been on their own best behavior. There's still a huge difference between people who are going to do this as a one-off for charity versus people that are going to hope to do these things every 6 months or whatever.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That was my exact initial thought when Jordan suggested that Lolo be a captain next time and win immunity. Immediately thought the other girls would throw the challenge while trying not to be obvious but telling us in the confessional wink wink.

I find it funny that Lolo is so passionate about her foundation but hasn't volunteered to win $5,000 for it. Granted she is holding off for the big money at the end, just seems hypocritical.

What do yall think about the Lindsey(?) chick trying to step in and do the elimination for the little surfer chick to go against Lolo? Think that was genuine?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If this article is right, Season 30: Aka The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 will premiere July 18th (five weeks from tomorrow) and have a one million dollar cash purse, more than twice what Invasion had ($350k).

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    What do yall think about the Lindsey(?) chick trying to step in and do the elimination for the little surfer chick to go against Lolo? Think that was genuine?
    Yeah she looked fired up and I have no problem with her volunteering. But Lolo was smart to say no and Lindsey's reaction to that annoyed me.

Also how about the big revelation - LOLO IS A VIRGIN! It all makes sense now! Now wonder she is such a nut! Not only is she an attractive, fit person that's middle aged and still a virgin, she is a top level Olympic athlete that's a virgin! Athletes at the Olympics fuck like rabbits because it's one of their only outlets for the pressure and stress (and because they are all incredibly fit), yet Lolo has NEVER had sex.

She has the pressure from a million competitions and sexual frustration from a million interactions in her 34 year old brain. No wonder

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    If this article is right, Season 30: Aka The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 will premiere July 18th (five weeks from tomorrow) and have a one million dollar cash purse, more than twice what Invasion had ($350k).
    That's an incredible purse and awesome that it's so soon. Here's hoping for a good format and cast

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, July 18 is confirmed; maybe picks up right after Champs vs. Pros ends?

Season 30 trailer is here.

Fuck it, starting a new thread.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Also how about the big revelation - LOLO IS A VIRGIN! It all makes sense now! Now wonder she is such a nut! Not only is she an attractive, fit person that's middle aged and still a virgin, she is a top level Olympic athlete that's a virgin! Athletes at the Olympics fuck like rabbits because it's one of their only outlets for the pressure and stress (and because they are all incredibly fit), yet Lolo has NEVER had sex.

She has the pressure from a million competitions and sexual frustration from a million interactions in her 34 year old brain. No wonder
    That's not a revelation, lol. She's been vocal about being a virgin for as far as I can remember. Since before her first Olympics for sure. But I get what you mean. Her future husband is going to be so disappointed. I wonder if late life virgins are super conservative and reserved. They are new to it all afterall.