Nicole 35 MOSS
    Shane 35 BYRD

Standings:
    Moss 160 4
    Byrd 95 5
    Valisk 95 4
    Headspace 75 4
    Xno Kappa 35 3

Champions received no episode survival points this week. They will starting next week, though.

Note: I meant to give Dario and Cory 5 pts commissioner's award each for their "Finish" comment that was amazingly hilarious, but I forgot. I will add those next week.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Kailah is a DUNK CITY alum. God damn I should've done my research before the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, no elimination this week.

Two teams for the game. If there are 4 players from the underdogs, that means we'll have 4 underdog eliminations, and presumably 2-3 champion eliminations for the champions, leaving 1-2 of each gender champion for the end. It seems unlikely to me they're going to want to eliminate 75% of the champions prior to the final, which makes me think there's going to be 2 of each gender from each team at the end, and it might be an individual competition for the final.

Standings:
    Moss 235 4
    Byrd 140 5
    Valisk 135 4
    Headspace 115 4
    Xno Kappa 75 3

Contestant Ranks:
    Ashley M 75 BYRD
    Kailah 70 MOSS
    Sylvia 65 MOSS
    Cory 60 MOSS
    Hunter 60 VALISK
    Nelson 55 VALISK

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Jesus Moss is running away with this.

Good challenge, but the numbers difference was way too much of a advantage for it. Champs shouldn't have scored a thing.

The peanut butter, Andy Dick chick was pressing the shit out of Carie Marie, lol.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Jesus Moss is running away with this.

Good challenge, but the numbers difference was way too much of a advantage for it. Champs shouldn't have scored a thing.

The peanut butter, Andy Dick chick was pressing the shit out of Carie Marie, lol.
    It definitely wasn't fair but I enjoyed it because the champs were so cocky, especially the girls who aside from Laurel aren't any better than the challengers

I'm completely off of team Cory, he did my girl Kailah wrong.

First he shames her for drinking too much and pissing herself - I'm sure she feels bad enough about that already asshole.

Then he pulls off the #1 fuccboi move of "I never liked her anyway LOL" behind her back. What a tool

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I think it's a bit more personal than that for Cory, possibly growing up with a drunk parent type deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    It definitely wasn't fair but I enjoyed it because the champs were so cocky, especially the girls who aside from Laurel aren't any better than the challengers
    I think the first challenge being so unbalanced was fine, so long as the rest of them end up more balanced in some fashion. And yeah, Cory was a giant dick to Kailah for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. Maybe Xno's right, but still - his "Never liked her" comment was a real piece of shit move.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I think it's a bit more personal than that for Cory, possibly growing up with a drunk parent type deal.
    Maybe. I didn't get that vibe at all though

He was turned off by seeing her piss herself and it turned into a strange "break-up" the next morning

Basically, that isn't how you treat a friend who has had a rough night, much less a girl that likes you. Jerk move

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would have had a huge problem with the unfair challenge if the losing team was the one up for elimination. Since they announced that it was an underdog elimination day beforehand, the unfair challenge was probably by design.

Yea, Cory pulled a dickhead move. You can tell that he is concerned with looking cool on national tv. He pulled the same shit with Anessa a challenge or two back. Wants someone to flirt with/hump on, and then when something happens, he dismisses everything that transpired and says he wasn't invested anyway. With Kailah, he was talking in confessional about how great she was and he wants that. Dude is a cornball.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I would have had a huge problem with the unfair challenge if the losing team was the one up for elimination. Since they announced that it was an underdog elimination day beforehand, the unfair challenge was probably by design.

Yea, Cory pulled a dickhead move. You can tell that he is concerned with looking cool on national tv. He pulled the same shit with Anessa a challenge or two back. Wants someone to flirt with/hump on, and then when something happens, he dismisses everything that transpired and says he wasn't invested anyway. With Kailah, he was talking in confessional about how great she was and he wants that. Dude is a cornball.
    Good call, I remember the aneesa thing. He has some charisma so sometimes you forget he has a pea brain, whereas with someone like Nelson it is obvious

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yea, Cory has confirmed that he is showing out for the cameras with his State of the Union address and poll suggestion.

Nelson having a tantrum because he got curved was laughable. People have to know their alcohol limit. Going to be their downfall every time. Whether is getting DQ'd from the game or getting wasted and pissing (sorry Kailah) people off, thus putting a target on your back.

The elimination was lame, but I was shocked to see Kailah defeated by Sylvia.

Jenna is the worse kind of naive. Why is she living her life for Zach and care what he thinks so much? She's never going to be able to get over him and he will always have that power over her if she doesn't get that fairytale out of her head. She is the ex that you can always string along and fuck no matter what happened. She's always going to think there is a chance they will get back together.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Point standings:
    Moss 310 w/ 3 players left
    Byrd 180 w/ 5 players left
    Valisk 165 w/ 4 players left
    Headspace 160 w/ 3 players left
    Xno Kappa 90 w/ 3 players left

Top Contestants:
    Kailah 95
    Cory 85
    Sylvia 85
    Ashley M 80
    Nelson 70
    Shane 70
    Tony 70

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tony surprised me this year. After the last couple of years, I expected him to start drinking about episode 2, or at least when they got to the Oasis. But he stayed clean and was remarkably reflective. I genuinely felt bad for the guy - his little heartfelt tears after getting eliminated were actually moving.

Jenna and Zach getting back together is disappointing. I was really hoping she would have been able to move on.

Kailah was a surprising elimination, moreso than Tony. Shane's a smart cookie, I wasn't surprised to see him advance. I imagine we'll see both Kailah and Tony again.

I don't think Ashley K was even in this episode for more than a couple of group shots.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I wanna know who kept saying Shots Fired on the side constantly lol. The conversations in this episode were hilarious because it was so obvious who was trolling to instigate shit and who was genuine who didn't even realize it lmao.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Shitty episode. No competition and a lame as fuck elimination. I hope the Nelson alliance gets rid of Cory and Jenna so they can get bodied by the champs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I wanna know who kept saying Shots Fired on the side constantly lol. The conversations in this episode were hilarious because it was so obvious who was trolling to instigate shit and who was genuine who didn't even realize it lmao.
    That was bananas. All the vets sitting back with popcorn

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Somewhat related, but does anyone watch the series directly after The Challenge called "Stranded With a Million Dollars"? I like the concept. The first season has been interesting. I would like to see how people strategize after seeing what people have to go thru during the pilot season.

I've worked out an little strategy in my head on how to at least survive and be fair so there is less animosity in the group. Getting along with others is half the mental battle. But much easier to say from the couch than in the jungle. I like this show.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Somewhat related, but does anyone watch the series directly after The Challenge called "Stranded With a Million Dollars"? I like the concept. The first season has been interesting. I would like to see how people strategize after seeing what people have to go thru during the pilot season.

I've worked out an little strategy in my head on how to at least survive and be fair so there is less animosity in the group. Getting along with others is half the mental battle. But much easier to say from the couch than in the jungle. I like this show.
    I have been watching it, actually. I liked the concept and while most of the contestants annoy me on some level, there's definitely a strategic element to it, which is usually a large part of what hooks me into reality shows. There was actually a poll on MTV.com in the last couple of weeks asking which of the Stranded contestants should be on the Challenge*, so there's a good chance this will also be part of The Challenge's growing minor league farm system.

*To which the right answer is, of course, Cody. I don't particularly love the guy, but's he perfectly suited for the show. The others? Not so much. Makani, maybe. The tenters, not so much.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yea, Cody for sure. The rest of the bunch, probably not.

So Byrd how would you handle the tent situation? (Also I'm not sure if they could buy multiples of each item.) Do you think because you didn't vote for the tent, even though it gets purchased with the group's money, you shouldn't get a chance to sleep in it? I was totally against how they treated the people who didn't vote for the tent. Since the money was removed from the team's total, they should rotate or at least have a volunteer system where someone gives up their spot in the tent every other day. I would have been livid.

Also I think the temptations should be encouraged and have the best value. Everyone is going to get an opportunity and it's at max, $15,000 per camp. Would work wonders for that person's psyche and team moral.

I would order food the first day at each camp. A decent meal to break up the monotony of coconuts and plants would also help people go far. But then again, that's where strategy comes in. Maybe, like Cody, you want people to be as miserable as possible so they will tap out and go home.

Between food, shelter, and psyche, 10 camps / 10 temptations, I think my strategy would leave the team with about $750,000 to split amongst the contestants who make it to the end. Probably 4-5 people.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Byrd how would you handle the tent situation? (Also I'm not sure if they could buy multiples of each item.) Do you think because you didn't vote for the tent, even though it gets purchased with the group's money, you shouldn't get a chance to sleep in it?
    Yeah, if they paid for it (which they did), they should get to sleep in it, at least some of the time. I think it's a "2" person tent, but 4 people have been sleeping in it, so with six people left, you should be able to sleep three in it every other night and rotate. They also could have bought a second tent and covered everyone once it got down to 6 people. Or they should have bought the tarp in the flash sale instead of peanut butter. That was pretty ridiculous. If I were Cody or Makani or Chris, I would be pissed. You spent *my* money on the tent; I get some say in how it gets handled, regardless if I voted for it or not. So they can threaten a few things without getting violent - 1) destroy the tent, 2) periodically unhook the tent in the middle of the night to mess things up for the others (or some other form of non-destructive vandalism), or 3) drag your heels during the camp shift. I think, of those, option #2 would be the right choice, at least initially.

Then again, when you're trying to force other people out of the game to get their share of the money, there are additional factors to consider.

Alex has been actually posting a summary each week over at Reality Blurred, and answering reader questions. He discussed the tent purchase between his episode 2 and 3 recaps, and actually interviews Chris at the end of his episode 3 recap. I actually sent in a few questions this week, including questions on whether they talked or thought much about The Challenge, as well as some clarification on why they chose a peanut butter over a tarp, because that seemed like a bad decision to me; hopefully, he'll answer those this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    Also I think the temptations should be encouraged and have the best value.
    The temptations should probably be judged on a case by case basis. The food and dry clothing temptations made sense to take - I think Alphonso may the right decision to forego the creature comforts. That's a non-necessity that won't have any lasting impact, as it's not a permanent thing like the raingear. As time winds down, I think temptations will get less tempting as "I can survive another week without much food" becomes easier than "Can I survive the next month without much food?" Same thing applies to raingear.

Of course, it's easy to think rationally when you're in the warmth of your own house with a full belly, it's much harder to do when you're out there in the elements, starving.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh I forgot about the peanut butter vs the tarp flash sale! That was fucked up, but when the people who already have control of the tent also have the majority (4 vs 3 at the time) they don't care about the other people's shelter. Which is where I would have been livid. I would have threatened to destroy the tent if they did not get the tarp for the group outside of the tent. That was super selfish.

I completely agree with your assessment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast