BG Level

Damnit you guys gonna make me watch this show

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spreadsheet is sent out.

Bananas shows quick thinking that shows us all why he's so good at this game.
    That Darrell vs. Zach elimination was a thing to behold, very glad that went physical.

The race is tightening up.

Moss 325 3 left
    Byrd 280 4 left
    Valisk 220 4 left
    Headspace 205 2 left
    Xno Kappa 120 3 left

Contestants:
    Kailah 95 MOSS
    Ashley M 90 BYRD
    Cory 90 MOSS
    Sylvia 90 MOSS
    Nelson 75 VALISK
    Shane 75 BYRD
    Hunter 70 VALISK
    Tony 70 HEAD

The sneak preview for the season looks great.

I awarded challenge wins both for the Champions as a team and as an individual (so Bananas and Laurel got 20 each). I'll do that when there's a direct competition for that - the previous challenge didn't have the same direct competition scenario.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good episode. Really wish people would smarten up about Bananas. How he is able to be puppet master this often baffles me. Have you mothafuckas not seen how he has played the game over the last decade and a half?! Kudos to him for thinking quick on his feet.

The previews for the rest of the season look great. Looks like Nelson and Cory come to blows. I thought about pausing the DVR when TJ was talking to the final contestants to see if I could make them out, but I was like forget it. It did appear there were 3 guys and 3 girls remaining for the final though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Damnit you guys gonna make me watch this show

You should. It's good and it's different. I love shows that I would hypothetically put myself in and contemplate what I would do.

About last night's SWAMD episode:

Spoiler: show
    I'm glad Mak forced the others to buy another tent. Now those bums see what she and others had to go through for 2 weeks while they were cozy in their tent. I will say that Mak could have extended an olive branch and let some people in the tent. No reason for her to have it all by herself. If people would just cooperate with each other and stop drawing hard lines, it would be a lot smoother.

It's pretty dumb that they are vindictive spending at this point. They are only hurting themselves in the long run.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Good episode. Really wish people would smarten up about Bananas. How he is able to be puppet master this often baffles me. Have you mothafuckas not seen how he has played the game over the last decade and a half?! Kudos to him for thinking quick on his feet.
    The best part of his strategy is that he wasn't wrong; putting Laurel up there was the right decision to win for the team. But the others should have realized it was also the right decision for him, and is it more important to improve your chances of winning $10,000 or making yourself safe from elimination? Obviously, when there's only four options, the latter is the right choice, but ... TEAMWORK!

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    I thought about pausing the DVR when TJ was talking to the final contestants to see if I could make them out, but I was like forget it. It did appear there were 3 guys and 3 girls remaining for the final though.
    I thought about that myself, but decided not to. The previews really do spoil a lot. Pretty sure I could have a really good idea who is going to last a while if I spent much time watching it at all. But we do now know (for sure) that there will be 2 Underdogs and 1 Challenger from each gender in the final, that's quite an elimination process.

Stranded stuff:
    I'm glad Mak forced the others to buy another tent. Now those bums see what she and others had to go through for 2 weeks while they were cozy in their tent. I will say that Mak could have extended an olive branch and let some people in the tent. No reason for her to have it all by herself. If people would just cooperate with each other and stop drawing hard lines, it would be a lot smoother.
    Ditto. She did what she had to do; she's got my vote to show up on the Challenge as well at this point.

The 4 Campers seem remarkably un-self aware. Either the edit isn't reflecting what actually happened (a distinct possibility), or there's a whole lot of hypocrisy going on. Gina seems basically worthless, and Eilish seems absurdly self-righteous. Alex and Alfonzo seem like OK dudes, but caught up in the groupthink of Good/Evil, Us/Them. Alex even referred to them as "America's Heroes" last night. The first couple of episodes, Cody was portrayed as the villain, but as the show goes on, it's definitely flipped. And while Cody is sill an arrogant ass, he's not wrong, Walter.

It's pretty dumb that they are vindictive spending at this point. They are only hurting themselves in the long run.
    Agreed. But are they doing that or is it their only food option? We saw them get some roots last week. Are those still the only significant food they have foraged for themselves beyond coconuts?

It's easy to accuse these people of being immature, but maturity is a luxury belonging to those who are comfortable and safe. These people aren't either, so while I'd like to think I'd handle it better than them, it's really hard to project myself there from my couch with any level of certainty.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My team fucking blows this season. I'm getting stomped. I would've liked it if Ashley had stayed over Cara Marie for the possible coitus points with Dario.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ashley M is the MVP of this season. How you guys let her get to the third round for me, I'll never know. She'll be a first rounder next season, I would think.

Contestant Scoring:
    Ashley M 140 BYRD
    Cory 120 MOSS
    Nelson 100 VALISK
    Sylvia 100 MOSS
    Kailah 95 MOSS
    Hunter 90 VALISK
    Shane 90 BYRD

Team Scoring:
    Moss 380 w/2 left (Cory, Nicole)
    Byrd 375 w/4 left (Ashley M, Shane, Darrell, Laurel)
    Valisk 295 w/4 left (Nelson, Hunter, Cara Maria, CT)
    Headspace 240 w/2 left (Jenna, Johnny Bananas)
    Xno Kappa 170 w/2 left (Amanda, Camila)

Team Scores for the Week
    Byrd 95
    Valisk 75
    Moss 55
    Xno Kappa 50
    Headspace 35

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So here's what I'm thinking happens the rest of the season. Please note I don't know any spoilers, so this is 100% conjecture.

Assuming the season ends with 2 underdogs and 1 favorite from each gender, which everything indicates will be the case so far. Another twist is not out of the question, including something along the lines of the last elimination involving everyone still standing with 2 underdogs and 2 favorites from each gender still in play.

Underdogs - Jenna and Nicole are likely to win the challenges because they're just better athletes (although Ashley has a shot), but the non-winner will go against Amanda or Ashley each time, because that's all they have to pick from. I think Jenna and Nicole likely survive to the final, because I don't see Ashley or Amanda beating either of them in an elimination, although if Amanda or Ashley can win the challenge, Jenna vs. Nicole seems very possible. I still think Jenna & Nicole carry on, though. I think this week was the gross eating challenge that could have potentially derailed Jenna; I don't think we're likely to see that again until the final. On the guys' side, Shane seems like the best politician, and Hunter seems like the best athlete. I think they can outmuscle, outsmart, and outpolitic the other two - Cory & Nelson. Cory certainly has a shot, but I'll be surprised if Nelson makes it.

With the champs, I think Camila goes home next week, and Cara Maria two weeks after that, leaving Laurel as the only survivor on the girls' side. The guys' side is much more unpredictable, but I think Darrell is the overall best athlete of the bunch. Unless he goes up against Bananas in a puzzle, I think he will likely beat both of them.

Prediction of final order of finish:
    Girls: 1) Laurel, 2) Nicole, 3) Jenna
    Boys: 1) Darrell, 2) Hunter, 3) Shane

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hate eating challenges. Moreso than trivia challenges which is bound to be coming soon. Next week's "tilt-a-world" challenge looks cool.

Huge gap between 2nd and 3rd in the standings.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Sadly, really not feeling this season. Seeing rookies and vets against themselves in the eliminations isn't much fun.

It wasn't the worst idea for a premise but the rookie team is just too much of a train wreck. Ashley and Amanda are the absolute WORST

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Ashley and Amanda are the absolute WORST

Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sadly, really not feeling this season. Seeing rookies and vets against themselves in the eliminations isn't much fun.
    I'm enjoying this season quite a bit. I like it better than Bloodlines (which was a terrible format with a lot of poorly cast individuals) and somewhat better than Rivals 3. While I don't really like having pre-determined elimination rounds (IMO, the losing team should go to elimination), they at least have provided us with a Zack vs. Darrell elimination so far, and we're going to see two more epic Champion eliminations for both genders by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    It wasn't the worst idea for a premise but the rookie team is just too much of a train wreck.
    Pretty much every rookie/challenger/underdog team ever on The Challenge has been a train wreck. If they had their shit together, they would be Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    Ashley and Amanda are the absolute WORST
    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    Nah
    From this season? Yeah, pretty much. Ashley is a basket case (but amazing for fantasy points, thanks again guys) and Amanda is the stereotypical Mean Girl from high school. Ashley's a decent competitor when she's not craaaaaaaazy. (Is that enough a's? Not sure.)

Although, to Ashley's credit, when she's calmed down, she expresses an unexpected level of self-awareness.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I'm enjoying this season quite a bit. I like it better than Bloodlines (which was a terrible format with a lot of poorly cast individuals) and somewhat better than Rivals 3. While I don't really like having pre-determined elimination rounds (IMO, the losing team should go to elimination), they at least have provided us with a Zack vs. Darrell elimination so far, and we're going to see two more epic Champion eliminations for both genders by the end of the season.
    While a great match-up, it feels cheap that these guys (with no animosity towards each other) have to face off rather than competing with a challenger. "Friendly" eliminations aren't fun.

The one time we've had a good match-up of angry competitors (kailah v Sylvia and Shane v Tony) it was the worst possible elimination. That one should've been the fucking wrestle stick.

Pretty much every rookie/challenger/underdog team ever on The Challenge has been a train wreck. If they had their shit together, they would be Champions.
    It is a much less common format than you realize and for good reason. I only see the Ruins as having the same setup. Rookies v vets is more balanced since there are usually shitty veterans in there. This seasons veteran all stars v. mostly crappy and unlikable noobs isn't fun in comparison. Give me some stud rookies vs the aging vet all stars and we'll have some fun.

From this season? Yeah, pretty much. Ashley is a basket case (but amazing for fantasy points, thanks again guys) and Amanda is the stereotypical Mean Girl from high school. Ashley's a decent competitor when she's not craaaaaaaazy. (Is that enough a's? Not sure.)

Although, to Ashley's credit, when she's calmed down, she expresses an unexpected level of self-awareness.
    I'm talking strictly on a personal level with the contrived drama. They're perfectly good for TV and this show.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *and sylvia

*Shane talking to other people in the house besides them*

"He's a fucking snake"
    "He's scum"
    "You only care about yourself!" (No fucking shit...)

Champs with the harmless potato chip prank. Hey, take your sheets off and tilt your bed and wipe them off. Instead it's DEFCON 1 and they were losers in high school and they're bullies etc etc

Watching the champs fuck with them has been the highlight of the season

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This one minute preview of next week's episode is hilarious, and well worth the watch. CT continues to be awesome. "That's all you do!"

I'm going to award him 5 Commish bonus points for that, so you're welcome, Valisk.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeaaaaah! Commish points. Keep em coming.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that was a high drama episode. Kind of a shitty cliffhanger, but whatever. At least they started the Elimination this week, and those are some big league eliminations. I don't necessarily love everything about this season's format,

We have a new leader, and if Darrell and Laurel win their current eliminations (which seems likely), this gap is likely to get larger, not smaller...

We know Darrell wins because otherwise they would have ended the cliffhanger when it was tied 1-1. We know (strongly suspect) Laurel wins because her and Nicole are currently dating. I don't think that happens if their current showmance doesn't develop further while on the show.

Commish Points this week: CT: "That's all you do!", Camila's drunken obscenity filled bleepfest directly into the camera, Shane being brilliant at the challenge and taking out both CT and Bananas in one fell swoop.

Byrd 445 4
    Moss 410 2
    Valisk 350 4
    Headspace 270 2
    Xno Kappa 270 2
    Free Agents 5 0

Top Scorers:

Ashley M 155 BYRD YES
    Cory 135 MOSS YES
    Camila 120 XNO YES
    Nelson 115 VALISK YES
    Amanda 110 XNO YES
    Jenna 110 HEAD YES
    Shane 110 BYRD YES

Top Scores for the Week:
    Camila 55
    Amanda 45
    Laurel 30
    Jenna 25
    Shane 20
    CT 20

Until next time, Boob Cheers!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Very very smart of Shane to take out the vets for the challenge.

Yea, Johnny being hypocritical about stirring the pot and CT hitting him with the, "seriously bro? Are you being serious right now? That's all you do." Hilarious.

All that high school drama is annoying. "I played volleyball in high school and you're a little midget whore" or whatever the fuck Laurel was saying. She's so corny. All while being Nicole's plan B.

Cara Marie was being a sore ass loser. Camilla smartly tied/wrapped her body up in the ropes. It was genius. They weren't told that it was against the rules before the start, but I did hear TJ Lavin yell out "Camilla untie yourself". So kudos to Camilla for thinking of that before they banned it.

Byrd - Stranded with a Million Dollars stuff:
    WOW! Talk about game changer! 2 members of the majority alliance go down.

I kinda feel bad for the Elisha chick who needed to have her appendix removed. They ordered pizzas and socks for members who didn't even make it to the next day.

That temptation in the monsoon was a complete waste. Hilarious.

The preview for next week looks so good. Cody is going for the kill. I wonder how group buys are going to go when the alliances are deadlocked.

One thing Cody needs to consider though, he's going to need bodies to carry the money as they collect more. The duffle of money is already up to 42 lbs. If they want to get to all the upcoming cash prizes in time, he's eventually going to have to split that weight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did hear TJ Lavin yell out "Camilla untie yourself". So kudos to Camilla for thinking of that before they banned it.
    I think they were mostly concerned when she had it wrapped around her neck, and that's why they were yelling for her to untie herself.

Stranded with a Million Dollars stuff:
    WOW! Talk about game changer! 2 members of the majority alliance go down.

I kinda feel bad for the Elisha chick who needed to have her appendix removed. They ordered pizzas and socks for members who didn't even make it to the next day.

That temptation in the monsoon was a complete waste. Hilarious.

The preview for next week looks so good. Cody is going for the kill. I wonder how group buys are going to go when the alliances are deadlocked.

One thing Cody needs to consider though, he's going to need bodies to carry the money as they collect more. The duffle of money is already up to 42 lbs. If they want to get to all the upcoming cash prizes in time, he's eventually going to have to split that weight.
    I did feel bad for Eilish - appendicitis out there would have killed her, so it sucks. While I thought she was kind of a negative person, I did feel bad for her because she obviously needs the money, and I'm pretty sure she was going to make it 40 days. She complained about Makani, but not so much about the living situation itself. Alonzo - not so much. The medic wouldn't have given him the option of letting him out there if he was actually that sick.

I imagine Cody and Makani can now veto any purchase, since two isn't a majority of four. Although maybe there will be a temptation or challenge that will allow you to break a tie for a group buy - that might be an interesting dynamic.

That's a good point about the duffle-bag getting heavier every week. And Cody is certainly smart enough to realize it, particularly once they stop spending money. Any purchase would have to go through Cody, though, but the one thing he might 100% need is a second duffelbag. Alex might be able to negotiate food in exchange for carrying that second duffelbag; they could also put things other than money in it, which could help carry a tent if needed. Personally, I think Gina quits in the next couple of days, and Alex and Cody make amends and the three of them (with Makani, of course) finish it out. I don't know how many episodes are left, I'm guessing 2-3.

If they were smart, they'd go down to one tent with four people, since they can obviously all fit in there. I doubt that Cody and Makani will be willing to share (mostly for strategic reasons), but if comes down near the end to carrying a second tent or carrying extra cash, they might be forced to make that decision. I think they go down to one tent once Gina quits.

And then we see Cody and Makani on the Challenge next season after they each come home with a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh yea, duh! They were commenting on how they were worried about it being around her neck. I'm an idiot.

Would 100% love to see Cody and Makani on the Challenge as well as a 2nd season of SWAMD. Would be the perfect talent pool to pull from.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Oh yea, duh! They were commenting on how they were worried about it being around her neck. I'm an idiot.
    Okay that makes sense. I was pissed as fuck when they told her to unwrap herself. And I like Cara, but she's fucking bullshitting. She's obviously never climbed a rope in her life. That's like basic rope climbing 101 to wrap the rope around your leg to use it to either support your weight or as a stepping setup for your other foot to climb up.

Other than that, fuck yeah Camila! She's forever a solid draft choice for the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast