GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

DID NO ONE WATCH?!?!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I liked the elimination style where it's just the competitors instead of a gallery. Glad to see kailaigh? Stay cause she is fine as hell. I wish the champs were chilling at the oasis instead of "back in America" with these training montages. Would be great to see these people finally walk into the house and find the previous champs have been kicking it there the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    yeah that was intentional. I'm assuming (quite possibly wrongly) that the Champions arent involved in a normal way because it wouldnt really be fair. we shall see
    Almost lost 2 players in first week. Should be smoother from here tho.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Almost lost 2 players in first week. Should be smoother from here tho.

You and me both. Bruno turned out to be a scrub - he looked much bigger on the real world. Everyone looks bigger on TV.

I'm ready to propose to Kailah

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Marie was a huge bust, but my boy Dario came through!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hope they switch up how elimination nominations are handled to add a wrinkle to the game. This time the girls voted for the guys and the guys voted for the girls. Hopefully next time the girls vote for the girls and the guys vote for the guys. Just keep switching it up randomly.

First challenge was genius in terms getting people to work (and not work) together to turn the house on its head. The elimination was dope too. Everyone's strategy was piss poor though. I hope the champs also get opportunities to eliminate or be eliminated and also a chance to win the final.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just got around to watching it. Polidicking is my new favorite term, and I awarded Smashley 10 bonus points for the no bullshit aspect of that explanation.

Standings:
    Moss 80
    Byrd 35
    Headspace 30
    Xno Kappa 25
    Valisk 20

Moss dominating despite having Bruno, who left the game with -10 points.

Top players:
    Kailah 30
    Nicole 25
    Sylvia 25
    Ashley M 20
    Tony 20

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    I hope the champs also get opportunities to eliminate or be eliminated and also a chance to win the final.
    They will. TJ told the Underdogs that 4 of them would make the final. That's 2 per gender, not enough for a final. My guess is that the champs will be ion a different bracket pool, and may end up also providing 2 from each gender for a four person final.

Overall, great first episode - this season has much more potential than the last two, particularly Bloodlines. And whoever designs the actual challenges on this show needs to be really well paid - the first one was brilliantly designed.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Some other thoughts from the premier (which was technically episodes 1 & 2):

Spoiler: show
    I normally don't like the "work together but it's individual" challenges because they aren't "fair" but the first episode was a good time for one to inject dumb drama

The elimination was cool and well-designed, nice combo of strength and endurance

We've already seen the benefit of not having any real veterans in the house: the ringleaders are fucking Tony and Nelson(!!!). Watching these two and their groups try to scheme will be hilarious

Kailah is my future ex-wife and I hope she doesn't get crushed by Laurel. Judging from one episode I think she can take any other girl on the show

You gotta love how Shane and Sylvia go skinny dipping and no one cares, then Kailah goes swimming in a thong and all the catty bitches start talking shit. Jealous much?

I don't remember dude's name, I think Byrd mentioned he was creepy, but whoever it was has frighteningly large gums

Where do y'all sit on the Sylvia decision? She was obviously between a rock and a hard place and has nowhere near the mental toughness to handle this show, but I think she made the wrong call. You have to vote with the people you know since the people you don't are going to throw you in at the first opportunity

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I agree with Sylvia based on the numbers and the way she was treated by her former "friends". No matter which way you slice it, you're only good to people, friends and foes, based on what you can do for them. Sylvia's group of former friends consisted of like 3 people vs the rest of the house. Couple that with the fact Tony was dead wrong in his lack of help and support of his "friend" Bruno. They are only friends if you're useful.

And if people are smart, they will want to keep Sylvia in the game as long as possible. She is weak, both mentally and physically so you shouldn't have a problem beating her in one of the later competitions/eliminations. If I'm in the house, I'm trying to sway votes for the medium to high end competitors to go against the challenge loser every week.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    You gotta love how Shane and Sylvia go skinny dipping and no one cares, then Kailah goes swimming in a thong and all the catty bitches start talking shit. Jealous much?
    I noticed that, too. They're clearly not threatened in any way by Sylvia, but they are by Kailah. Athletically, socially, aesthetically - maybe all three? I am looking forward to the next two (?) episodes, though, where Kailah is presumably immune from going home and they're stuck with her in the shelter.

I'm also curious how that's going to work. If Kailah, Tony, Nicole, or Dario win the challenge next week, does the Oasis Pass simply go to the next best finisher who doesn't already have one? Or do they get to choose who gets the Oasis Pass? And if Kailah, Tony, Nicole, or Dario lose the challenge next week, do they go to Elimination again? Can they be voted in again? Or are they immune and whoever finishes last amongst people who don't have an Oasis Pass goes to elimination automatically?

I tend to think the latter, and there's at least some chance the people who already have keys to the Oasis don't even participate in the challenge. Maybe they get to sit back and dine on steak and caviar while watching the others compete. There have been Survivor competitions like that, which contains an interesting element of drama and decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    I don't remember dude's name, I think Byrd mentioned he was creepy, but whoever it was has frighteningly large gums.
    That's Anthony. Yeah, his mouth is too big when he smiles or laughs, and there was one point where he was giggling manically about his chances with Marie (I think) that was just creepy. Marie's gone now, though, so maybe he won't have anyone to be so creepy about.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    Where do y'all sit on the Sylvia decision? She was obviously between a rock and a hard place and has nowhere near the mental toughness to handle this show, but I think she made the wrong call. You have to vote with the people you know since the people you don't are going to throw you in at the first opportunity
    I think she made the wrong call, as well. She could have forced a tie. She doesn't know what the tiebreaker is going to be, and had TJ left it up to Bruno to break the tie (the obvious choice), he's not going to pick Tony. She goes from in the middle of one alliance that's she's close friends with to the very bottom of the other alliance with people she's known for four days. Would you rather be in the middle of the smaller alliance (worst case scenario) or the bottom of the larger alliance? I don't know what her friendships were like on her RW season, maybe it was already rocky between those people?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I noticed that, too. They're clearly not threatened in any way by Sylvia, but they are by Kailah. Athletically, socially, aesthetically - maybe all three? I am looking forward to the next two (?) episodes, though, where Kailah is presumably immune from going home and they're stuck with her in the shelter.
    Definitely started with the aesthetics lol. She wasn't even frolicking with the guys, just went into the water. "Omg she thinks she's on Baywatch amirite?" They're probably scared of her now athletically as well.

That's Anthony. Yeah, his mouth is too big when he smiles or laughs, and there was one point where he was giggling manically about his chances with Marie (I think) that was just creepy. Marie's gone now, though, so maybe he won't have anyone to be so creepy about.
    Yeah he made another comment like "I would bang every girl here *creepy giggle*"

I think she made the wrong call, as well. She could have forced a tie. She doesn't know what the tiebreaker is going to be, and had TJ left it up to Bruno to break the tie (the obvious choice), he's not going to pick Tony. She goes from in the middle of one alliance that's she's close friends with to the very bottom of the other alliance with people she's known for four days. Would you rather be in the middle of the smaller alliance (worst case scenario) or the bottom of the larger alliance? I don't know what her friendships were like on her RW season, maybe it was already rocky between those people?
    Exactly. I watched that season and while they maybe weren't bff (Nicole and Sylvia), I don't remember them having a beef either.

Also I forgot to mention Alabama guy, the most Alabama person to ever Alabama. Need more legit hicks like him on these shows that have barely ever left the south

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I didn't think about how challenges will be going forward after Oasis Passes have been given out but before filling up all the slots for the Oasis. Hmm. Interesting.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The elimination was weak, and the challenge seemed too single team oriented the way it was winner take all. No other teams needed to complete the challenge. I do like that they switched up the nomination process though. I hope it keeps rotating like that.

Hunter is totally going to bang Smashley when they move into the Oasis.

As soon as Jenna was voted in, I knew she would win not matter what because the preview for the season has Zach and Jenna interacting.

Also: Johnny Bananas had a 30 minute spotlight segment that aired before and after the episode. The nostalgia I felt watching some of that footage. Takes you back to like 2004. Bananas is definitely the GOAT of these challenges. Choosing to keep 100% of the prize money for winning Rivals 3 instead of splitting it 50/50 with Sarah is the most boss move ever. Still trips me out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    The elimination was weak, and the challenge seemed too single team oriented the way it was winner take all. No other teams needed to complete the challenge. I do like that they switched up the nomination process though. I hope it keeps rotating like that.
    Yeah, I would have preferred a winner immunity and last place goes to the elimination from the challenge itself. The hike to the elimination was great, but the elimination itself was really weak - so much dependent on a 2 second difference for a really arbitrary and random task. Felt like they had the awesome location and didn't know quite how to turn it into a challenge.

And Theo was about as prominent on this show as he was as a d1 athlete at Eastern Illinois. If you're afraid of heights to the point where you won't jump off a ledge, don't go on these damn shows, people. As a result, Xno ended up with an overall negative score for the week. Not sure that's happened before.

Side note: next week's challenge will likely just have 6 people in it - 3 guys (Nelson, Anthony, Shane) and 3 girls (Sylvia, Amanda, LaToya) with the winner getting an Oasis pass and the losers going directly to an Elimination. Shouldn't be any voting or anything, unless they switch it up.

It was a very uneventful week as far as scoring, literally all of the points came from challenges. Without booze and privacy, there's a lot less fighting and humping. Moss is currently running away with it, but we'll see what happens after next week when the champs show up.

Standings:
    Moss 115
    Headspace 60
    Byrd 55
    Valisk 45
    Xno Kappa 15

Current Player Standings:
    Ashley M 35 BYRD
    Kailah 35 MOSS
    Cory 30 MOSS
    Nicole 30 MOSS
    Sylvia 30 MOSS
    Jenna 25 HEAD
    Tony 25 HEAD

GATTACA!

BG Level

Agree with previous posts. Winner-take-all takes the drama out of not finishing last in the competition. Elimination was terribad, but I was happy with the result, especially "D1 athlete" (gtfo) bitching out

It's going to be a lot of fun to root against hunter - can't wait to see him against the champions.

Nothing makes my eyes roll harder than the likes of Camila and Cara Maria acting like they're hot shit as "champions." Both of you suck lol

BG Level

The Challenge 29: Invasion (premieres Feb 7th)

God fucking damn it Theo. My team is atrocious this season. It's all on Camila and Dario left for me. Hopefully I get some huge drama points. Someone needs to give Camila some drinks when she gets there.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    God fucking damn it Theo. My team is atrocious this season. It's all on Camila and Dario left for me. Hopefully I get some huge drama points. Someone needs to give Camila some drinks when she gets there.
    Camila cries every episode so you're good.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

Next week's episode looks awesome. The challenge looks like the perfect welcoming party for the champs and underdogs to get acquainted.

As for this most recent episode. I liked the challenge. I like the mental aspect of rolling your cube cage that very few people factored in apparently. The elimination was an endurance one, but not going to gripe. Embarrassing for Toya to lose to Sylvia or w/e her name is. I needed LaToya to make it to the house so Nelson can hit that! Need my coitus points! With that being said... I totally called this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Hunter is totally going to bang Smashley when they move into the Oasis.
    YEAHHHHHH!!!!

GATTACA!

BG Level

they've been too obsessed with spectacle over substance in the past two eliminations, hopefully they clean that up

BG Level

The Challenge 29: Invasion (premieres Feb 7th)

I thought this weeks elimination was interesting, and at the very least suspenseful with the staggered format. Hyped for next week. This has all the makings to be one of the better seasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast