+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Challenge 29: Invasion (premieres Feb 7th)

Fuck yeah.

MTV's official blurb.

Quote Originally Posted by MTV.com
    For every Challenge linchpin who’s successfully won gold (Bananas, Darrell and Evelyn could collectively stock an empty treasure chest), many have tried for first place and failed. But when MTV’s beloved competition show returns for Season 29 on February 7, the Underdogs will finally have their day.

On the heels of Rivals III comes a new type of game called The Challenge: Invasion which will usher 18 winless contestants — vets and first-timers alike — to a deserted, austere wasteland called The Shelter. The Underdogs will battle across a series of contests for the chance to move out of squalor and into typical Challenge luxury — The Oasis — but only 12 will get the chance to live like royalty. Still, even then, there will be no breathing easy: Just when the lucky ones get comfortable, they’ll find the game is far from over.

The final crop of Underdogs will have to face down eight proven Champions (peep 'em above smack talking the Underdogs), and the superstars stand between the long shots and a huge $350,000 prize. And with devastating elimination rounds, truly baffling hookups and the first-ever three-day final on the way too, Season 29 may just prove to be the series’ most unpredictable and gripping saga yet.

What do you think of the latest Challenge format, and are you placing your bets on The Underdogs? Share your thoughts, and hang tight for more info on the forthcoming Challenge season premiering on February 7 with a two-hour episode!
    Cast:
    Ashley K (Assley, not Smashley)
    Bananas
    Camila
    Cara Maria
    CT
    Darrell
    Laurel
    Zach

Underdogs:
    Amanda
    Anika
    Anthony
    Ashley (Smashley, not Assley)
    Bruno
    Cory
    Dario
    Hunter
    Jenna
    Kailah
    LaToya
    Marie
    Nelson
    Nicole
    Shane
    Sylvia
    Theo
    Tony

Who's in for fantasy this time around? As we discovered, the best way to do the draft since there's only 26 contestants is to use this board. If we still have 7 players, we'll be down to 3 people each, which is a little thin, but maybe we can make it work, and an S-draft would be unbalanced. Or have two groups of four if we can find an eighth. I'll also try to figure out a little bit more about the format to figure out rules and so forth, but that's also hard to do without finding spoilers, so there might be some guessing going on here.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Gotta defend my titles!

Time for the '96 Bulls to turn into the '76 Canadiens.

Sign me up.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

wtf MTV I need pics next to the cast names!

Sounds great tho

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Also lol - if you google challenge season 29:

Third result is the LSU message board (tigerdroppings), 7th is this thread

GATTACA!

BG Level

So three new people from Skeletons, and all good choices. Cast looks great

Return of Laurel!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    wtf MTV I need pics next to the cast names!
    Yeah, I was a little annoyed with MTV not doing that, which is why I added the links. Figure that will help with drafting.

Was glad to see Vince not on here, and I didn't notice until just now that the Nicole listed is not Nany's cousin. Really glad to see Ashley K and Darrell back, was hoping Derrick Kosinski would make a reappearance, as he and Bananas were campaigning very hard for his return.

Maybe next season, for 30, we'll see a reunion of a whole ton of old timers in an anniversary season. Would love to see that, it just might be very hard to make happen.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only Valisk, Moss and myself so far? I'll send out another e-mail, but I'd like to start the draft by this weekend. We'll use this thread for drafting as well, as last season's draft was 10 times more fun than the previous 2-3 years combined.

Rules again are below. If anything needs changing, let me know. Keep in mind that if the Champions join later, they won't get "Episode Survival" points until they're actually in an episode and in danger of getting voted out.

Spoiler: show
    Here's our scoring system:
    Scoring:

Here's our scoring system. I made a couple of very minor changes from last year; those changes are in bold. There will be some discretion made, in case things that obviously happened off camera (i.e. crying or coitus on the other side of a closed door).

Final Results:
    1st: 100
    2nd: 50
    3rd: 25
    4th: 10 (only if participating in the final)
    Note: You must not quit the final to get points for it.

Competition
    Win a challenge: 10
    Win an elimination: 15
    TJ says "You killed it": 20
    TJ should have said "You killed it" but didn't explicitly say so: 10
    Making TJ disgusted by your performance: -20
    Threatening to throw a challenge: -5
    Following through throwing a challenge (cumulative with threatening): -10
    Trying to throw a challenge but still winning it (cumulative with previous two): -10
    Survive each episode: 5

Coitus:
    Unintentional nudity (blurcles): 5
    Intentional nudity (blurcles): 10
    Kissing: 5
    Coitus: 20 (partial coitus points can be awarded for oral relations)
    Same sex Kissing: 10
    Same sex Coitus: 40
    Threesome: 50 for each majority gender participant, 75 for minority gender participant
    Pregnant: 100

Confrontation:
    Getting kicked out of the house due to bad behavior: 100
    Getting kicked out of the house because your partner gets kicked out: 10
    Quit/leave the house for any reason other than illness, injury, or extreme personal matter (i.e. Naomi or Diem): -25
    Having a producer/security discuss your behavior with you: 20
    Verbal fighting (once per ep): 5
    Physical fighting with another person (once per ep): 15
    Physically fighting or damaging an inanimate object (once per ep): 10
    Female crying: 5 (Must be seen or heard on camera)
    Male crying: 10 (Must be seen or heard on camera)

Miscellaneous Crap:
    Being hauled off in an ambulance: 10
    Attempted cannibalism: 100
    Claiming to be in the best shape of your life: 10
    Mentioning Johnny Bananas' bobblehead: 5
    Puking on camera: 5
    Commissioner's Award: 0-15 points. If something amazing happens that isn't otherwise rewarded, extra points can be awarded at my discretion (i.e. Nia drinking Zach's sweat last year, Jordan flipping all the cards the year before)

If there is an aired "Shit They Should Have Shown" show, that will count in scoring. The reunion episode will not.

Note: Since I am doing this scoring manually, I will allow trades up until the show that airs immediately before the final. As with other fantasy sports, scoring will not be retroactive, and will only start scoring the week immediately after the trade. No trades on Tuesdays between noon and midnight Pacific time. Players already eliminated are not able to be traded.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Whoa hold up. Forgot this was happening. I want in.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I'm going to go ahead and retire undefeated

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alright, Xno's in, and Tyven's out. That leaves Headspace as the only one who hasn't responded.

Not sure why I thought we had seven players when we only had six, but assuming we only have 5 players, that's five contestants each, and the S-draft just doesn't switch back on itself the last time. Since we're not playing for actual money, I don't give too much of a shit about a slight disadvantage unless everyone else does.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OK, there's 5 of us unless someone wants in. If so, they can post in the next 24 hours, or I'll come up with some arbitrary random system for determining first place.

In the interim:

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

CT looking OLD

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Wow this shits a wrap. Champs are gonna slay.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All right folks, we'll do the random order the same way we did last time. I was trying to come up with something clever involving politics, and then decided I had spent way too much time thinking about that shit lately.

So, the five contestants, arranged alphabetically:
    Byrd - 0
    Headspace - 1
    Moss - 2
    Valisk -3
    Xno Kappa - 4

The first pick will be determined by the remainder of the total number of points scored by the Mavericks tonight, when you divide that number by 5. Then we'll renumber 0-3 by alphabetical.
    The second pick will be determined by the remainder of the total number of points scored by the Timberwolves tonight, when you divide that number by 4. Then we'll renumber 0-2 by alphabetical.
    The third pick will be determined by the remainder of the total number of points scored by the Nuggets tonight, when you divide that number by 3. Then we'll renumber 0-1 by alphabetical.
    The fourth pick will be determined by the remainder of the total number of points scored by Oregon State's mens' basketball team tonight, when you divide that number by 2. Then whoever is left gets 5th pick.

Since this is an S-draft, but there are 5 people, that means the people on the tail end will have a shitty draw. To try to make up for that, I'm going to change the waivers up a bit. They will still be in reverse order of draft pick, obviously, but your options will be slightly better.

Last time, if one of your players was kicked out due to injury, family emergency, their teammate getting kicked out, or other reason outside of their control (i.e. basically not quitting like a little bitch), you could drop someone and pick up someone else. This time, I'm going to upgrade the waiver wire so that if someone new gets brought into the game, you can drop one of your players still in the game to pick that person up. Priority will go to waiver wire. The old rule still applies, as well, it's just a lower priority now. (Note: this does not include the 8 champions who we know are getting introduced to the game later in the process; they are part of the original draft rule.)

For example: Bruno leaves the game in week 2, and they bring in Wes to replace him. Whoever has priority can drop anyone on their team (still in the game) to pick up Wes, if they were so inclined. If the person with priority passes on Wes, the person with second priority can choose to pick him up, and so forth. Also, if Bruno left for an excusable reason, then whoever had Bruno on their team would then have the option to pick up either the person who was dropped to make way for Wes, or the person who was never drafted.

That all make sense? Great. If not, doesn't matter too much, I know how it works and will bring it up if it happens.

Regardless, after tonight, we'll know the draft order, and whoever is first can begin the draft here in this thread with all the fanfare they choose to muster.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The mystery surrounding the vets role in the game really throws a wrench into things

I'm hoping they can win "small" prizes each week but aren't in the running for the grand prize

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mavericks scored 98. 98 divided by 4 is 24 R2, meaning first pick goes to Moss. We now renumber: 0) Byrd 1) Headspace 2) Valisk 3) XK.
    Timberwolves scored 103. 103 divided by 3 is 34 R1. Second pick goes to Headspace. We now renumber: 0) Byrd. 1) Valisk. 2) XK.
    Nuggets score 127. 127 divided by 3 is 42 R1. Third pick goes to Valisk. 0) Byrd. 1) XK.
    Beavers score 78. 78 divided by 2 is 39 R0. Fourth pick goes to me.

Here's your draft order:
    Moss
    Headspace
    Valisk
    Byrd
    Xno Kappa

Moss, lead us off whenever you're ready!

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Mavericks scored 98. 98 divided by 4 is 24 R2, meaning first pick goes to Moss. We now renumber: 0) Byrd 1) Headspace 2) Valisk 3) XK.
    Timberwolves scored 103. 103 divided by 3 is 34 R1. Second pick goes to Headspace. We now renumber: 0) Byrd. 1) Valisk. 2) XK.
    Nuggets score 127. 127 divided by 3 is 42 R1. Third pick goes to Valisk. 0) Byrd. 1) XK.
    Beavers score 78. 78 divided by 2 is 39 R0. Fourth pick goes to me.

Here's your draft order:
    Moss
    Headspace
    Valisk
    Byrd
    Xno Kappa

Moss, lead us off whenever you're ready!
    my b, scouting now

GATTACA!

BG Level

#1 overall...

I select Cory

Headspace is up

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, that's probably a really good pick. He was on my short list if he was still there at #4. The added unknowns of the late entry champions changes the strategy up quite a bit, I think.

Moss - Cory,
    Headspace - up
    Valisk - on deck
    Byrd - in the hole
    XK - then up for 2

Available Players:

Champs:
    Ashley K (Assley, not Smashley)
    Bananas
    Camila
    Cara Maria
    CT
    Darrell
    Laurel
    Zach

Underdogs:
    Amanda
    Anika
    Anthony
    Ashley (Smashley, not Assley)
    Bruno
    Dario
    Hunter
    Jenna
    Kailah
    LaToya
    Marie
    Nelson
    Nicole
    Shane
    Sylvia
    Theo
    Tony

I'll update this list at the top of every page, and keep it updated until we move onto the next page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast