Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just want KOS-MOS on Rex so I'm saving one for that regardless of who bonds with her.

What do the boosts do for bonding?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So...I posted earlier about being able to be knocked off of ledges and such, during battle........well, when a monster dies, and it's loot explodes out, if you're near enough to a ledge, you will get the pleasure of watching some/all of it fall down into the abyss as it can bounce over a cliff. Seems things will also depsawn if you don't pick them up fast enough, during battles and what not. Don't know why you don't just auto-loot drops since I don't think general inventory space is an issue, because I don't always want to run around picking things up in a fight.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I just want KOS-MOS on Rex so I'm saving one for that regardless of who bonds with her.

Think it increases the chances of getting certain classes of Blades, but I honestly have no idea.

KOS-MOS ended up on Nia, but I've got 2 other rare blades on Rex (Agate and Perceval) so I'm cool the girl on girl action.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I see.

Idk if anyone else's Ardainian Soldiers are behaving this way but...

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!

DON'T FORGET ME!!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah seems like most enemies only have a small handful of canned responses during battle. It's just super super noticable from human enemies.

Enjoying the game a lot but man, it's got a huge amount of gaping holes in it. Resolution gets really bad in handheld mode, and even then the game still can't maintain a stable framerate, non repeatable tutorials, and some super vague quests. At least combat is pretty cool, especially as you unlock more slots for blades.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Btw about boosters

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/6421...stice-boosters

The Bravery Booster is Fire and Water elemental affinity
    The Truth Booster has a Wind and Ice affinity
    The Compassion Booster is Electric affinity and Earth affinity
    The Justice Booster features a Light elemental and Dark elemental affinity

What element is KOS-MOS? I want her asap.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I still keep waiting for a reyn time reference during battles for some reason lol

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What element is KOS-MOS? I want her asap.
    Light

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    So...I posted earlier about being able to be knocked off of ledges and such, during battle........well, when a monster dies, and it's loot explodes out, if you're near enough to a ledge, you will get the pleasure of watching some/all of it fall down into the abyss as it can bounce over a cliff. Seems things will also depsawn if you don't pick them up fast enough, during battles and what not. Don't know why you don't just auto-loot drops since I don't think general inventory space is an issue, because I don't always want to run around picking things up in a fight.
    I just toppled a flying monster. he dropped and refused to ever come back...

Same with most of his drops when I respawned and killed him. Stupid considering he refuses to come to the ground

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So anyone notice significant input delay when docked? Seems like timing with salvaging is way off docked compared to handheld.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hard agree. i feel like under normal circumstances, i am not totally useless when it comes to timing and reactions. like, i can hit 1f links in SF4 relatively reliably! those salvage QTEs absolutely fuck me up even with the visual cues and everything though

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nice KOS-MOS entrance. The end reminds me of Saber with the Master question.

I've also noticed input delay when docked and using the joycon. I think I'll pick up a pro controller and see how things feel using that instead, since I'll almost exclusively be playing docked, and the joycon doesn't quite feel right in my hands. Combat is a lot smoother then watching on streams too.

Not sure why people are having a hard time right at chapter 2's beginning, when Rex is by himself. Killed something two levels higher then me without much of a problem; just need to remember to taunt things away from groups (target something and press the down arrow key) and you can fight things one-on-one in a better place, if need be. Not that your party member isn't too far away though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got too curious and found some major spoilers. Yes this is a sequel but whoa avoid em if you can or too much of being a curious fuck like me.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I've also noticed input delay when docked and using the joycon. I think I'll pick up a pro controller and see how things feel using that instead, since I'll almost exclusively be playing docked, and the joycon doesn't quite feel right in my hands. Combat is a lot smoother then watching on streams too.
    Let me know if you notice a difference. Might grab a pro controller if it will help with the delay for QTEs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Let me know if you notice a difference. Might grab a pro controller if it will help with the delay for QTEs.
    Ran into a bigger problem to deal with first though; my 15ish year old receiver stopped recognizing HDMI signals, as it won't recognize any signal, on any port. I'll have to see if I can get a second digital optical cable and run all my systems through the TV, and then have it output the sound to my receiver, since that function still works. Other option would be a whole new receiver, and I don't want to do that right now, but regardless, I'll have to fight with my Harmony remote to set everything up again....

Probably run over to Best Buy tomorrow and grab both and see what I can accomplish. TV only recognizes Stereo sound, not Surround Sound, coming from the Switch, yet I would obviously want surround sound from my receiver, so, not sure what will happen.

/le sigh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

No one's positive what they do, because it's never explained. Logically it'd make sense if they increased the likelihood of getting a blade of those elements, but after boosting some to 5 myself, I've actually never gotten a blade of a corresponding element to one I've boosted.

The Japanese wiki says they increase the likelihood of getting a certain blade role (Bravery=ATK / Compassion=HLR / Truth=TNK / Justice=???)... but obviously there's four, and they don't have a listed function for Justice, so overall I kind of doubt that information.

I see.

Idk if anyone else's Ardainian Soldiers are behaving this way but...

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!

DON'T FORGET ME!!
    You can turn off combat voices if you want in audio settings, but I believe it also turns off generic party banter as well. Kind of annoying. I just turned it down so I could still make out banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So anyone notice significant input delay when docked? Seems like timing with salvaging is way off docked compared to handheld.
    I've played in docked and handheld and noticed no delay at all so far. Might try recalibrating your joy-cons? My brother and I both had issues with input delay / unresponsiveness on different games when we were staying at a place with poor signal reception, so it could potentially be something like that -- which is why it only affects docked performance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't noticed any input delay while docked. I'm using the joy cons. Maybe it's a TV thing?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's definitely some lag in this game, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Got too curious and found some major spoilers.
    You know telling us that in itself is a spoiler right? >_>