And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Playing exclusively docked with the pro controller in wireless mode, and I've either not noticed the input lag, or have already compensated for it when salvaging. I did ~100 silver cylinders when grinding Argentum to 5* before leaving the starting area, and could hit all 3 button inputs about 90-95% of the time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Playing exclusively docked with the pro controller in wireless mode, and I've either not noticed the input lag, or have already compensated for it when salvaging. I did ~100 silver cylinders when grinding Argentum to 5* before leaving the starting area, and could hit all 3 button inputs about 90-95% of the time.
    Wait, you did what, when? That's hilarious.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yup! I kinda got addicted to salvaging right from the start, especially with the money-making aspect of it. Had 165K left in hand after the couple hours worth of grinding that it took - wasn't all that bad.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Yup! I kinda got addicted to salvaging right from the start, especially with the money-making aspect of it. Had 165K left in hand after the couple hours worth of grinding that it took - wasn't all that bad.
    Been reading it's a great way to farm up common core crystals too, so hopefully, you got to the point where you can bond blades and have a nice salvaged stack to get some rare blades.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just got a 5* unique from a common so it's possible just rng s fuck

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

For anyone that's not aware, you can make absolute bank in Chapter 4 by salvaging with Golden Cylinders. After an hour and a half, went from having ~80k to 1m.

Buy all of them you can, go to whichever country you want to raise development with, and sell all your stuff to the trader vendor in bundles.

Only annoying part is having to constantly vendor the booster rewards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sweet, I'll try that out. For the final boss of Ch.4 (if you've reached it), what the hell was the gimmick/strat for it? Not sure what I was supposed to, I ended up having to use specific accessories and aux crystal equips for it- unless that is the intended strat in order to teach you about it?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Just got a 5* unique from a common so it's possible just rng s fuck
    Got 3 of my 3 uniques so far from Commons. Including on my very first attempt.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

2 big problem for me with the Game.

Hate the map/quest pointer.

Started chapter 3, took me 2h to find where to go ( to find the uncle)

2) the rng for blades. For those who play record keeper knows my luck is shit. Not so sure what to do atm, like removing common blade and keeping rare (if I ever get any), and knowing which to level ( probably doesn’t matter for main game). But yeah kinda confused a bit

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So should I use cores when I find them or hold off?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just go wild imo. Can always farm more and you'll want a lot of random scrub Blades to fill out some field skills and some mechanics that open up later on.

Once you get deeper into the game you'll probably never actually use any of them in battle, but the common Blades have their uses.

BG Level

3 in a row on Rex and all healers. Shit.

Also yeah game mode worked wonders on my delay.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    2 big problem for me with the Game.

Hate the map/quest pointer.

Started chapter 3, took me 2h to find where to go ( to find the uncle)

2) the rng for blades. For those who play record keeper knows my luck is shit. Not so sure what to do atm, like removing common blade and keeping rare (if I ever get any), and knowing which to level ( probably doesn’t matter for main game). But yeah kinda confused a bit
    Just wait until the next Titan. FML

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Prior to being able to equip 3 blades per character, I preferred using common blades over unique ones if their element allowed for more consistent/frequent level 3 blade combos. For example, while I had the unique electric h2h blade, I used a common wind h2h blade over her since auto/art damage didn't seem that different, but level 3 combos added a large chunk of damage and sped up trash battles.

Although, it did kind of suck that while I was ready to go with chain attacks early on with all the level 3 combos, I couldn't actually perform them until I did the tutorial battle with them. I thought I had broken my + button on my joycon. Of course, I also learned that it's probably better to do chain attacks with only 1 orb debuff in order to get the extended chain rather than putting up multiple orbs if I can't hit them for double effectiveness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Finished chapter 2 tonight and loving the game so far. The delay on the Pro Control for Salvage is annoying and I may need to do what some of you are doing and play with joycons while docked.

Resolution gets iffy at times but this game has to be super compressed to fit in that cartridge so I give that aspect of it a pass.

Is KOS-MOS from a quest or RNG crystals?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RNG crystal. Could get her very early or very late in the game.

BG Level

Can you control anyone other than Rex? Towa is good at tanking and all but party AI can be braindead at times when it comes to cliffs/etc. Would be nice to control him for better positioning instead of disengaging and pulling to a better spot.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In the party menu you can switch up who you control when you put them in the first slot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    RNG crystal. Could get her very early or very late in the game.
    Bleh. Time to work on those luck stats

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Had some time to play around in the first Titan area, with a wireless Pro controller, and it feels a lot better then the Joy-con and more responsive, so I'll be sticking with that setup from now on. I've always found the standard Nintendo Joystics to be way too finicky, and the pro controller not only doesn't show the lag I had before, but gives me better control of my characters.