Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Man lost 3-4 hours of progress because my game crashed. Didn't think that was something I'd have to worry about on the switch -_-

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Man lost 3-4 hours of progress because my game crashed. Didn't think that was something I'd have to worry about on the switch -_-
    I've been saving like a maniac because this game has scared me at least three times now with a possible soft-lock and/or general glitched nonsense.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Knuckles autoattacks are easy to time if you know it's 2hits - 1hit - 2hits. For Rex the last hit is like a jumping spin kick so it's easy to spot. Feral Uppercut is REALLY good.

Also as an aside I don't think I can ever in my life recall saying I liked any game's "soundtrack". I typically pick out my 5-10 songs I like from any given OST and forget the rest for the most part. This game I seriously like THE soundtrack. I haven't been stirred by just a town theme (Torigoth daytime) in so long, and I've loved every single battle theme.

Mild gameplay (not character) spoilers but imo it's worth rushing to the end of chapter 3, aka finishing the area you're in after Gormott;
    Spoiler: show
    You'll unlock a squad feature that lets you send blades out on missions for X amount of realtime minutes. This functions as a way to grind up all your generic blades and max their skill trees for the Weaponry for Noobs books (1k WP consumable)

You also get to set 3 blades at this time.

SP-wise, rushing to the skill that lets you chain arts from another art is the way to go imo. That skill opens up the combat system dramatically especially given Blade switching makes all arts ready to use.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Does anyone else spend 65% of their time in the menus...? Just want to make sure I'm not alone.

The mobs in chapter three can really jack you up, and fast. The rams linking aren't too bad to kill but the obnoxious kickback every three seconds when I try to do back attacks makes me rage.

I love this game so much, though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This is the first game I've ever gotten screen tearing and I can see why people hate when it happens.

That said game is still a ton of fun.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    Does anyone else spend 65% of their time in the menus...? Just want to make sure I'm not alone.
    Depends on what I'm doing, but yest, you spend a lot of time in menus due to how much you have to keep track of. When you set your party up right though, it's really hard to get killed by anything near your level, even in packs, unless it's a bunch of large mobs. I must have killed 15+ wolves in a row, 3-4 at a time in chapter 3, due to them constantly spawning more until I just ran off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Mild gameplay (not character) spoilers but imo it's worth rushing to the end of chapter 3, aka finishing the area you're in after Gormott;
    You'll unlock a squad feature that lets you send blades out on missions for X amount of realtime minutes. This functions as a way to grind up all your generic blades and max their skill trees for the Weaponry for Noobs books (1k WP consumable)
    Well shoot, I've been sending them home to recoup the booster loss in trying for rare ones.

Bummer.

Pulled Boreas as a healer in Nia, and my last few hours have been spent trying to unlock his skill tree. Also, Nia is redonk broken with him.

Side question, related to Poppi but i'm guessing it relates to all blades. When it says "use X's favorite item in the pouch" for an unlock condition how do we know which item in that designation to use? Like Poppi's is instruments, but ive used all the instruments available at least once and its still 0/2 for unlock.

Also nabbed Electra and Azami. Azami is pretty nice to have for AoE damage.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Boreas is indeed broken. Because his skill tree is so easy to full unlock. He heals so much just from fighting.

The only way to find specific items is to experiment. For Poppi the instrument is Roly poly maracas sold in the very first area of the game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Xenoblade 2 wiki page is filling in the specifics of type/favorite for blades and characters. Depending on the skill, you either need to use their favorite item type or specifically their favorite item, to advance it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I bought the 500k Blade. Turns out it costs 2.2mil to max her affinity chart fffff

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Shouldn't be too hard. I have 140K and I've done hardly any salvaging or selling of extra accessories, and I'm just into chapter 3.

Mor ardain, buy gold cylinders, salvage at about 1:2 gold-spent-to-gold-earned ratio on the docks and the other easy place in the "low" area. Both give a lot of one of the parts for the 30k set, but each spot gives more of one item needed then the other. Rinse and repeat until a millionaire and level 5 dev and talk to the nopan in the first area to level up your salvaging skill.

NOTE: you need to either use or sell your extra boosters, as they wont let you sell salvage sets if you are full on the boosters being rewarded.

Now you can buy gold cylinders for 5k each (each dev level reduces prices by 10%). They sell for half their value anywhere. Half their value is 5k. Selling boosts dev level. Thus, buy 99 gold cylinders in mor ardain, go anywhere, sell, profit in dev levels for 0 net money lost. Do it until dev lv 5 everywhere.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Its 1mil, not 2.2mil. It's not hard because I found a easy salvage spot that pays out the wazoo. It being 1mil and not 2.2 makes me less daunted to farm it too

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I’m stuck in the uara w/e titnpan after fighting zeke fuck I hate the map marker sometimes keep falling in water and finding lv 70+ mobs

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I’m stuck in the uara w/e titnpan after fighting zeke fuck I hate the map marker sometimes keep falling in water and finding lv 70+ mobs
    Zeke's the idiot with the greatsword right? IIRC after that fight there's a subquest with a ramp nearby you take up to get to the city if I'm remembering stuff correctly.

But yeah that Titan was a pain to navigate. Thank god I'm nearly done with that part.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I felt like a fucking idiot getting to that city too. There's a quest you need to do to get over and unflood that one area. Once that just follow the arrow up and take a right at the very top to reach the place.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Does sending anymore money via the Courier do anything in Argentum?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

lol just saw a Heart to Heart that spoiled a future party member..

Sheba's Heart to heart in Argentum. She mentions all the lady blades shes traveling with, including Pandoria who is Zeke's blade. I don't have Zeke yet lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I felt like a fucking idiot getting to that city too. There's a quest you need to do to get over and unflood that one area. Once that just follow the arrow up and take a right at the very top to reach the place.
    Not sure iundersand but I’ll find it a some point

BG Level

so the question has to be asked

can you get the same rare blade twice?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server