+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

There's no way to get a rare blade twice. Only thing remotely close is that you can abandon rare blades and attempt to RNG bond them again on someone else... if you really wanted... but you'd lose all previous progress for it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Actually it seems like you keep affinity chart gain on rare blades if you get them again after releasing. Don't quote me on that just yet but preliminary Reddit posts say as much.

Combat system opens up SO MUCH when you can both equip 3 blades (start of Ch4) and chain arts into other arts.

Auto 123 > art x3 > switch > art x3 > switch > art x3 > special.

You can both cancel into the switch and cancel the switch into an art. The timing is a little tight and a lot sooner than you think, basically as soon as the weapon hits your hands and the next blade tags in.

Also reiterating my love for Knuckles weapons on Rex. And this is supposed to be a "Healer" role weapon. (The damage is a little misleading since it's with Humanoid Slayer II (125%) and some Opening Act thing (first art gets 125% bonus), and a crit. Regular crit is like 2/3rds of that.)

Spoiler: show

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Perk to cancel arts into arts is huge.

One I definitely enjoy is getting topple while on sword, immediately switching to Agate (axe) for bonus damage on toppled into a launch, then over to (blank for story spoiler purposes, anyone deep enough should know who I mean) for smash.

All 3 of Nia's Blades have Break, so it's an ezpz way to generate a full combo.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just finished chapter 3, the music in this game is just wow

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone know the pouch item Poppi needs for Superstrength 2? I thought it was fizz juice, but using it in Tora's pouch did nothing to increase it. Maybe it's because I also have Roly Poly Macarana in it first, which is also a favorite?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can't see it because I have the node done but I think that's 4 "staple foods". Stuff with the bread icon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yes, but, do you remember what you used?

*edit*

Figured it out and it's bread icon items. Used some Glitterbake, and it filled in her last section on the pouch. I also realized you don't have to wait for the pouch item to run the duration; you can just put another item in again, and it will add one more to the count in the affinity tree.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Just finished chapter 3, the music in this game is just wow

SPIRAL....SEVAT

I'M REALLY FEELING IT

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Should I buy the inherited core now or wait until later? It's the 500k core In Gormott. I'm in chapter 4 now.

Edit: two equipment slots is not enough... why can't I wear six necklaces, eight belts, 10 rings, and a bunch of eye patches?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Is this worth a Christmas pick up or should I wait for a sale? I wanted to play the first but couldn't get into it, only did the intro about an hour of gameplay which I think was mostly the Wii U's fault. There giant flying gundhams in this?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Is this worth a Christmas pick up or should I wait for a sale? I wanted to play the first but couldn't get into it, only did the intro about an hour of gameplay which I think was mostly the Wii U's fault. There giant flying gundhams in this?
    That was X, it's not the first. This is more story-focused, when X was all exploration

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

This has the same open world-like feel of X. Though each area is self contained to a titan instead of one giant world like X. This game is like a final fantasy game in that it’s very heavily story driven, unlike X which was mainly mission progression story and exploration based (as Kaslo pointed out). Also there is no stupid affection system that can halt your progress for hours

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Glad this game has a scene theater mode. Because of how I can put the switch to sleep anytime, I've come back and accidentally skipped a paused scene more than once.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    It’s not worth a Christmas buy

It’s worth a buy today

Also fuck chapter 4 got so many side quests that I can’t do cuz I need to upgrade the région reputation

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    Should I buy the inherited core now or wait until later? It's the 500k core In Gormott. I'm in chapter 4 now.

Edit: two equipment slots is not enough... why can't I wear six necklaces, eight belts, 10 rings, and a bunch of eye patches?
    All of her affinity leveling is done via spending/acquiring money, upwards of a few million, so keep that in mind. As is, I hear she's a decent water attacker, but really, any rare blade is likely to be better then anything you can pull unless you get super lucky with a 4* common that rolls really well.

Opened up Merc missions, and it's a great way to level up blades affection and skills, especially if you keep your switch on and go do other things.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I just noticed I have a 195 hours in the game lmao. Am I not putting the switch to sleep correctly?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

It's a bug that's happening to some people, where Xenoblade's playtime isn't pausing during sleep mode.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So is there anything the determines what weapon the Blade will be? I unlocked about 10ish common cores on Rex and I find it hard to believe there isn't some kind of determining factor when a majority of the blades were fists, spears, and bitballs.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No idea but you should really get enough special blades soon enough to never use common ones outside of merc missions or to unlock stuff

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So is there anything the determines what weapon the Blade will be? I unlocked about 10ish common cores on Rex and I find it hard to believe there isn't some kind of determining factor when a majority of the blades were fists, spears, and bitballs.
    Supposedly leveling up your ideas, and using the boosters, are factored into what element blade you get, and maybe rarity as well. No specific formula that I've come across though.

Stumbled upon Vess's quest, and got stuck behind the story for continuing it; kind of a shame she's electric, as I already have Kora, but blitzball instead of knuckles.