+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Supposedly leveling up your ideas, and using the boosters, are factored into what element blade you get, and maybe rarity as well. No specific formula that I've come across though.

Stumbled upon Vess's quest, and got stuck behind the story for continuing it; kind of a shame she's electric, as I already have Kora, but blitzball instead of knuckles.
    Stupid quests locked behind cities reputation

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not hard to raise rep tho. Just salvage, make cash and raise rep.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah it takes surprisingly far less salvaging than I thought to max a city.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mid chapter 5 story spoilers

Spoiler: show
    I feel like I've missed something. The Praetor is the Driver for the big baddy, and apparently this doesn't concern most of the cast?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah it takes surprisingly far less salvaging than I thought to max a city.
    It's even easier than that if you're willing to forego the profit from salvaging.

If you already have a place at 5* development level, just buy 99 Golden Cylinders there, and sell them in the area whose development level you want to raise. Zero net change in gold, because you get 50% off in 5* developed areas, and things always sell for 50% of their full price.

Do that ~20 times and you'll raise any place to 5*. Most helpful for Uraya, which has no salvaging spots of its own.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've got a perun that i got off a rare core, and the first affinity unlock requires that you 'be kind to the townsfolk and do a few small good deeds'. i assumed that meant completing sidequests but that isn't advancing my progression at all. what to do?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    i've got a perun that i got off a rare core, and the first affinity unlock requires that you 'be kind to the townsfolk and do a few small good deeds'. i assumed that meant completing sidequests but that isn't advancing my progression at all. what to do?
    It seems it’s buying deeds in shops when you buy everything

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ahh ok, good to know. thanks! i assume those are typically development gated? i've only done the one in torigoth that you do as part of the sidequest, haven't encountered any others i can buy up yet. currently in chapter 3 at fonsa myma.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Village in Uruya offers up deeds pretty easily I think

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Here's an incredibly helpful spreadsheet of various things, including shop deed requirements:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ring&sle=true#

Most shops shops are gated behind level 5 development, as well as additional mercenary missions to unlock all their wares.

Some more easy ones: Fishy-Fishy in Argentum, Fallone Crafts in Garfront Village, Hobby Knick-Knacks in Fonsa Myma.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh sick, bookmarking that for later! i did grab up a couple more deeds but apparently that isn't the unlock condition for that affinity level, because i'm still sitting at 1/3, lol.

BG Level

Without spoilers, when can I expect a 4th member who is allowed to bond with blades?

Started chapter 4 ( after a small kid that stole a core crystal)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's at the end of chapter 4.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Speaking of Chapter 4 is there any good money making techniques available at this chapter? I can't afford the gold casters yet and so far all I'm salvaging and Mor is stuff I haven't been able to make a collection of yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Speaking of Chapter 4 is there any good money making techniques available at this chapter? I can't afford the gold casters yet and so far all I'm salvaging and Mor is stuff I haven't been able to make a collection of yet.
    Sell any excess accessories or aux cores you have to make enough for any amount of Gold Cylinders.

Use them (wherever you want to develop), and sell the materials you get in bulk to a trader. You'll make a profit every time, and be able to buy more and more Gold Cylinders on each return trip, especially as your development level in Mor Ardain increases.

If you've done a fair amount of salvaging so far, you can also talk to the nopon salvaging trainer in Argentum Trade Guild in order to increase your salvaging rank, and get cylinders and others things as rewards. (The nopon is on a semi-hidden indoor balcony. Just fast travel to the inn, go up a floor, and you should see a platform to jump down to with the nopon trainer on it.)

Once you get going with Golden Cylinders, you'll make millions very easily.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Alright I think I'm gonna pick this up soon then. The idea of it being portable is really nice which seems perfect for a playtime hog rpg.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did 20 silver cylinders in Torgoth, but only broke even, yet I still have almost 300K stocked up from just playing the game and exploring everywhere I can get to before I go to the next area. As far as chapter 4 though, there's a 30K exchange that's pretty easy to do by swapping between the dock there and one other spot (forget it's name), as they both focus on one of the parts, but both can drop at either place. Hardly had a need to buy anything yet and only sold some excess accessories and such, so I'm not really sure why people are low on cash.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really the only thing to spend money on is cylinders, pouch items and chips whenever you hit a new town.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did I glitch Ursula's progression? I was supposed to raise her skills to lvl 1 with merc missions. But I saw lvl 2 there to so I did them. Then I went to do the cutscene that was after lvl 1. Now it says to raise them to lvl 4 but theres no merc missions for it. Was I supposed to wait till after the cutscene to do the lvl 2 ones? D:

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Haven't read about that glitch before, so I don't know; try to revert to your last save point? I've read she just takes a metric ton of merc missions, IIRC.

Farted around in chapter 4 for a while, and got really frustrated at that map. I tried to go around in the Old Factory, but there's one room that seems completely blocked off with locked doors, and there is a key item in that room. I was only able to open up the Control Room, for a small bit of treasure; the rest of the place is locked down with more locked doors I can't get passed, and I could not find a way around them, so perhaps there's a later quest/main story component I'm missing. The place also linked to hell, and it took me a good long while to get one chest and NM kill in one area of the Factory.

I then tried to get to the lowest point of the Lower region, and finally realized that it's under the damn cloud tide atm; had to jump into the clouds and see just where the hell it said it was supposed to be, but then saw mobs/harvest points below me swimming group, so it finally hit me why I couldn't find a path there. Also makes me wonder just how you do get there because if the tide is high, and I saw no way to get there normaly, how you do it. Guess I'll find out later when the story progresses and I sleep a low tide into existence.