BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pulled my first legendary core, from a treasure chest and immediately boosted Zeke to 12 Truth (Light/Dark) and pulled a 3* Common Blade. You win this time, RNG.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Fuck you game, you got me good

Did a side quest and got face to face with a lv 92tyrex

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Same thing happened to me, haha.

Disguising a level 90 quest as a level 35 one is a dirty but hilarious trick. (Unless there's some intended low level way to defeat the T-rex?)

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The one in Gormott? Yes there's a way to beat it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The one in Gormott? Yes there's a way to beat it.
    What is it? I was told you could lower its level. The first time I tried, I got a dialogue option about fighting or running away. I said fight for whatever reason, and since then I didn't get any options and just died every time.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You've got to run away.

It extends the quest and gives you ability to lower its level

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Pulled my first legendary core, from a treasure chest and immediately boosted Zeke to 12 Truth (Light/Dark) and pulled a 3* Common Blade. You win this time, RNG.
    Prepare for a lot of heartache. I'm still missing 13 of the RNG based Rare Blades and have opened at least 200 Legendaries and probably close to 500 Rares and haven't gotten any. It's really the only part of the game that makes me hate it since I can get over all the other flaws as just minor annoyances but everything involving Bonding is just so needlessly tedious and difficult I honestly believe it's the remnant of a Microtransaction system that they pulled last second.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm still missing like 12, but I've got a good enough spread between all my characters that none of it really bothers me.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You've got to run away.

It extends the quest and gives you ability to lower its level
    But am I locked in the fight if I said I wasn't gonna run? Options never popped again

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think so.

This game doesn't really fuck around with fighting higher level mobs so wasn't gonna try my luck

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Prepare for a lot of heartache. I'm still missing 13 of the RNG based Rare Blades and have opened at least 200 Legendaries and probably close to 500 Rares and haven't gotten any. It's really the only part of the game that makes me hate it since I can get over all the other flaws as just minor annoyances but everything involving Bonding is just so needlessly tedious and difficult I honestly believe it's the remnant of a Microtransaction system that they pulled last second.
    I figure as much, but your numbers sound really unlucky.

Anyone know how to get Break status more often on enemies? I don't know if it's level/type, or both, but it seems impossible to do on some fights, and ridiculously easy on others, with the same setup on both.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some enemies are just more resistant to break. I believe there's either an accessory or core chip that reduces the break resistance, but I've generally found it works out ok with having every one of Nia's Blades with a Break skill (with Rex and Tora having access to every other part of the chain)

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's a Driver accessory called Beta Scope. Not sure where you get the lower tier ones but you can get a legendary one as a drop from a normal enemy in
    Spoiler: show
    World Tree: Mid Level - 7th Perimeter Skyport. It's the giant birds flying around called Vay Talos or something close to that.
    They also drop Gold Chips that give all weapons Increased Item Drop Rate +50% which will help with farming more.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Massive spoilers, not playing around don't click this unless you beat the game (or are about to)

Zanza really went through some shit. Hit the wrong key and his life got super fucked up twice over.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Massive spoilers, not playing around don't click this unless you beat the game (or are about to)

Zanza really went through some shit. Hit the wrong key and his life got super fucked up twice over.
    And Klaus could hear his evil half, Zanza, doing all that shit in the XB1 world and can do nothing about it. Rex's journey is happening at the same time as Shulk's too which is wild.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    It's a Driver accessory called Beta Scope. Not sure where you get the lower tier ones but you can get a legendary one as a drop from a normal enemy in
    World Tree: Mid Level - 7th Perimeter Skyport. It's the giant birds flying around called Vay Talos or something close to that.
    They also drop Gold Chips that give all weapons Increased Item Drop Rate +50% which will help with farming more.
    Aight, got a ways to go then, as I'm still 45 and chapter 6.

Been working on Ursula, and got blocked on one of the L4 stamp missions, as I don't have a fooking fire axe wielder. I know the stamp amount is the same, but maybe fan collection is lower on stamp 3, but hopefully, it doesn't block me from eventually finishing up her affinity tree. 15ishK into Mercenary L4, and Ursula is about a third of the way done.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I only have 6 RNG blades left and KOS-MOS is one of them

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I haven't gotten KOS-MOS either. Or Dagas, who was another favorite of mine, aesthetically.

Granted, neither of them are the best, since you have mandatory Fire/Light ATK blades already. Though KOS-MOS is the only other Light-element blade in the game...

Oh well.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I stopped using KOS MOS entirely, Ether Cannons are just too lacking in reliable combo options (Topple etc), and as long as you use the right pouch items it's very easy to perform Blade Combos with a singular character so you don't need the extra Light character.

The setup I've settled into later in the game has a few doubled up elements, notably Wind (because Boreas is just too damn good), but if needed you can still hit every element thru an ability Rex unlocks later in the game. Once I'm motivated enough I'll probably change one of the Poppis to Dark so I'll be able to tag every element, but the game is just honestly not hard enough to require that level of caring.

Btw for anyone who doesn't know, there's a trick you can do later in the game when Rex gets the ability to engage every Blade. If you slap on a story blade (Dromarch, etc) it removes that Blade from the respective Driver, then go to that character and fill up all their slots, and it won't be automatically reequipped. Let's you play around with stupid shit like giving Zeke full healing Blades or whatnot.