+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thanks for the help. One last thing - how far in is this level 1 I apparently can't kill and need to raise that people were talking about on the previous page. And are there other extreme missable a like that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Thanks for the help. One last thing - how far in is this level 1 I apparently can't kill and need to raise that people were talking about on the previous page. And are there other extreme missable a like that.
    It's in Torigoth, in the farm area. It's a quest NPC you can feed or attack. Not a super big deal if it dies.

There's not really any other significant missables, AFAIK. Only a couple of small, meaningless quests in an area that later becomes inaccessible.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Best way to farm legendary if we killed?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Best way to farm legendary if we killed?
    I did mine with
    http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Bride_Marion

Got lots of gold chips to increase drop rate

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I did mine with
    http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Bride_Marion

Got lots of gold chips to increase drop rate
    Thanks I’ll do that when I finish my current blades

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    (2) Buy maximum Golden Cylinders in 5* area. Sell them in area you want to raise dev level in. Net result: no change in gold, takes a few dozen trips back/forth.
    In the same town where Golden Cylinders first become buyable, the accessory shop sells an XP Boost item for 19k (at level 5). Buy as many of these as you can to resell, it makes leveling up take a lot less trips. You'll have to click each one, but it doesn't take that long compared to the "value" you get from it. The main benefit of Golden Cylinders is that they stack, so it only takes one click to sell.

Heck yeah. Got a rare dark affinity girl with a large gun on my first common core summon. For some reason I can only equip 2 blades. I assume it lets me use the third slot later.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I think it lets you know when you can equip 3 later on. I forget where exactly it was in the game.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If I remember it's like end of chapter...4? After you get your 4th party member.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Earlier than that, think closer to the beginning of 4. I think I'm on Chapter 5 and I remember having it for awhile now.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah its literally right after chapter 3 ends.

BG Level

yeah but the problem iirc is like the beastly crystal

You can assign 3 blades at the start of chapter 4 but it doesn't tell you right away, it tells you a little longer after (i had 3 blades equiped and then after a few CS it says) well now you can equip 3 blades lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished.

The overall game was good until midway through Chapter 8 and then became great. It always felt like a Xeno game, but at that point in Ch. 8 I started to get heavy Saga and Gears vibes.

I think at this point, Monolith has enough to attempt a true Gears remake on their own terms with enough material to avoid SE saying anything legally. At the minimum...a Saga remaster not happening would be a true travesty with what transpired in this games ending.

As with the story, the music in the 2nd half of the game was phenomenal. Not saying the first half was bad, just that a lot of the 2nd half songs really stuck out. Still think Saga III has the best overall soundtrack, but this came close.

Also, the ending theme gave me "Small Two Of Pieces" feels so hard.

As for characters, while XB1 had an amazing story with characters just good enough to keep up (outside of Shulk), I think the entirety of XB2's cast outperformed the story - which is saying a lot about their strength because Zeke and Pandoria were vastly under-used as characters.

Morag, my god was Morag potentially the best written character in the game. Her role and character growth from when you first encounter her to the end of the game is fun to experience and her english VA does such an amazing job with it.

Now onto the spoilers:

Spoiler: show
    Having the game take place concurrently with Xenoblade was perfect. Klaus uttering the same lines from XB1's ending in the space station and then him being caught between the two worlds fits so perfectly.

Though his description of the events during the use of the Zohar has me wondering a few things:

Ontos is the 3rd core crystal that was "missing" after the initial experiment. I know internet is seeming to draw the conclusion that Ontos = Alvis, which I agree with. But I don't think thats the whole story.

Klaus goes heavily into how the Zohar was a portal into other universes, essentially referring to U-DO and the waveform existence of which Fei, Shion, Shulk, and Rex have now all come into contact with.

I'm going to go a step further and say that Ontos is Alvis is chaos.

Going off the cliff here, is Fractured Klaus the beginning of the Deus supercomputer program?

Into the abyss...is the code embedded within Pneuma and Malos the basis for Kadamony?

There is a lot more in ch.8 and 9 thats taken from Gears and Saga lore than with XB1. That church and surrounding area in Elysium felt a LOT like the church where Mary Magdalene saw chaos in XS.

The World Tree felt a lot like Lost Jerusalem or Michtam. Morytha felt a lot like Zeboim. I don't think these design choices were by accident.

I'll leave the conjecture there. I know im pie in the sky with a lot of them, but as mentioned earlier I think it will only get more difficult for Monolith to not be able to clean up Saga with a remaster as the story was intended to be told.

XB3 has the table set for it to be an amazing game, no doubt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

having not played X1 I was wondering where Klaus’s other half was. That’s pretty cool to know it was part of the X1 storyline

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    having not played X1 I was wondering where Klaus’s other half was. That’s pretty cool to know it was part of the X1 storyline
    You hear a line from the main character of X1 during their final battle in the cutscene

This is kind of a spoiler for X1

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Going to rewatch that CS to catch that. That’s awesome

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I edited in the cutscene

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When Shulk is about to use the "God Killer" Monado symbol on Zanza?

Yeah, brilliant stroke of storytelling.

Theres also a lot to be said about the Flesh/Blade Eaters and how it relates to the URTV's (who in essence are Blade Eaters) and people like Virgil (who was essentially a Flesh Eater) and the realians are basically artificial blades.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Still thought it was a big cocktease that Malos used Monado Arts lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The English lines “Don’t Forget Me!” And “Think you can take one me!?” Were removed in patch 1.2.0.
    Aw shit, the game will never be the same