Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    so according the reviews, thre's only 2 things to do?

Finish the game
    Collect all moons (of course you do them in different ways)

So is this game like Mario 64, where when you chose a world, you chose which moon you wanna aim for? Or when you enter a world it's Free for all (aim for any moon and stay in the worl as long as you want) and I understand that problem not 100% of the moon in world 1 will be available at start
    You can also collect items from vendors to outfit your ship interior, as well as clothing for Mario. Looked like quite a bit of stuff you can put in your room.

Also reviews are basically saying this is Super Mario 64 x2, which is completely fine in my book.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm really glad I got most of the stuff I've wanted to done in FF14 to just play this all weekend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    This basically is sitting at a top 5 all time rating on Metacritic right now lol.
    Now firmly at #1 as more reviews pour in. Highest aggregate metascore for a game was Xcom 2 with 94, this is sitting at 97.

Game is going to get endless awards.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Got it early, have had a hard time putting it down. Aurgh tomorrow is my Monday for work, it's going to suuuuck.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Got it early, have had a hard time putting it down. Aurgh tomorrow is my Monday for work, it's going to suuuuck.
    Mine gets here around 11am tomorrow, I work 9am-9pm.

BUT I CAN BRING THE SWITCH TO WORK LOL stopping by during work to pick it up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

From what i understand you want to play the game with de-detached joycons and playing in portable mode with them attached sucks. All because the hat is motion controlled

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thanks I'll use kickstand and joycons and not the pro controller.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

..Motion controls? Ugh.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

stuck at work

BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    ..Motion controls? Ugh.

Unless you can't handle motion controls in general, these are fine lol. If anything I don't see how this game could have been designed without it since there's such a degree of "control" you needed for some things, but I'm sure non motion could/would work.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Second-hand info, since I haven't booted up my copy yet, but there is some legitimacy to the complaint about motion controls. Motion controls are a pain in the ass if you're using it in handheld mode (since your screen is attached to the thing you're flailing around), and apparently there are a handful of moons that seem to require the use of motion controls due to motion controls causing some more exaggerated actions that you can't perform with buttons alone.

Kotaku ran a decent article detailing a couple of 'em. Hopefully we're able to post links to them? I know there are some no-no sites.
    https://kotaku.com/super-mario-odyss...rol-1819877218

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Unless you can't handle motion controls in general, these are fine lol. If anything I don't see how this game could have been designed without it since there's such a degree of "control" you needed for some things, but I'm sure non motion could/would work.
    I can handle them, fortunately, I just have to be in the right frame of mind: And usually when I'm sitting down to play the Switch it's after I've finished a long day at work, so mentally I'm just burned out. From what you're saying, it seems like it's a sensible use of it and not *required* in all aspects (or so I hope), but they've generally annoyed me when they just feel shoved in for the sake of being shoved in. In theory, I actually do like the idea of them and don't disparage those that like them (and I can see how they add value / make for some cool things in some games), but wish I'd known that beforehand and I might have held off on purchasing it.

I'll try to power through it, but it's why I could never really play Twilight Princess on the Wii for too long on most days (Unless I had it off) which was a damn shame because I really enjoyed what I did play. Fortunately I have it for the Wii U now.

BG Level

So those purple coins for kingdoms, are they only used to buy stuff or they work like the 100coins in mario 64?

I’m wondering cuz sand kingdom says there is 100purole coins

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure it's only for buying stuff

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Neen having fun with it but Mario's traction feels weird.

And yeah the motion controls for the hat are annoying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah hating the motion controls and the camera is wonky as shit. seems either way too close and wont circle around to a useful vantage point(in water) or way too far out.

Beyond that this game just has endless charm to it. And it's packed full of things to see and explore. I swear I've combed every inch of the first island twice and I'm still missing like 8 moons. It's nuts. I'll be playing this for hours.

Speaking of which:

Spoiler: show
    Anyone figure out how to get the moon on the floating island above the Trex in the first kingdom?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I started with Joycons, going to give pro a try tomorrow/sunday. Not sure I like the feel of the two handed shit, some moves I get wrong. Game is soooooooo fun and different.

BG Level

Super Mario Odyssey (NSW) - October 27, 2017

I’m pretty bad at this game, not able to use the keep hat at one place then jump on it, to access farther ledges

Also how do you know how many moons there is per kingdom right now and how many are available only when you finish the game?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Beat the game in a day about 13 hours. The game is fun but not perfect I'd say around 7/10.

Also how do you know how many moons there is per kingdom right now and how many are available only when you finish the game?
    You unlock a ton of bonus content after you beat the game. one of them is an NPC that tracks moons for each kingdom.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Beat the game in a day about 13 hours. The game is fun but not perfect I'd say around 7/10.

You unlock a ton of bonus content after you beat the game. one of them is an NPC that tracks moons for each kingdom.
    So before beating the game there is no way to know how many moons are available per kingdom?

( I know the map tells you so but it doesn’t tell you how many you can get st the moment)