Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So do the moons normally then buy the extra

ok
    I'm not really sure if each shop has a limited amount to buy though, the most I've bought at one is like 11 and then realized it would just let me keep buying them and was just going to wait.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I'm not really sure if each shop has a limited amount to buy though, the most I've bought at one is like 11 and then realized it would just let me keep buying them and was just going to wait.
    There is no limit, you can buy up to 999 which is the highest the Odyssey counts up to. You only need 500 for the final bonus level.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished. Loved it. Absolutely the successor to 64 everyone claims it to be.

I would have liked it to be more 64 than it was Galaxy, but the formula post 3D Land works exceptionally well.

Currently at 880 moons and farming coins for the last 119. 4000 coins left.

There are a lot of frivolous moons though. You could cut the moons literally in half and achieve the same result, but some really smart moons - like sitting on the bench in Metro Kingdom or dressing as a clown - make exploring every nook and cranny worthwhile.

Also a nice touch in having "formulas" in each stage (music notes, finding seeds, etc) but unlocking them at different times for different stages so it doesn't become stale.

The Dark Side moons were a perfect mix of difficult and satisfying, and actually reminded me more of Aweomse/Radical/Tubular stages from Mario World.

The music and aesthetics of Odyssey are the best in the series. Everything was carefully considered when designing both 2d and 3D stages and it came across masterfully.

Exploring Peach's Castle knowing what you do about 64 was an amazing touch, and I hope DLC essentially opens up basically Mario 64 on the switch.

The capture mechanic did just enough to not have it be Kirby. Platforming and controls were all tight, and the puzzles using the captures enemies were simple but executed well. They could have done something with boos though.

The costumes were nice nods to previous games, but a little pricey in terms of coins. They could have made purple coin items less expensive and added more costumes there.

tl;dr: They need to pare it down a bit for only 20 or so objectives +10 endgame bonus ones. Music was choice. Nostalgia and new mix was on point. Not revolutionary like 64, but does set the pace for the genre again. An amazing love letter to the series as a whole while crafting a positive outlook on whatever Mario does next.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Finished it (aside Dark Side, but completed Darker Side) and thought it was a great experience from start to end. They did a great job with all the worlds and throwing in all the nostalgia. I have no desire to collect all the moons beyond what I did to unlock Darker Side, though I am tempted to do hard mode bowser but that’s a ton more moons.

What do you need to do to populate mushroom kingdom with all the other world peoples? Is that just finding les h in each world to bring her back to the palace?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kellogg’s Super Mario Cereal to feature a NFC amiibo scan tag, Will start appearing in the 2nd week of December

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...52275097591808

Actually, it looks like some Targets already have it on store shelves - https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/935660236823707648

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to leave this here. I went looking for shortcuts after beating darker side the legit way and well...it's such a satisfying glitch to pull off for a friend who doesn't know it's there.

Having played Odyssey first, I got a copy of Super Mario 3D world for a 10$ this weekend and I'm wondering if anyone else thinks they share the same engine?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread