Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I will say this: cyrus's story actually gave me chills when
    Spoiler: show
    he translated the mural and it was just DOOM DESTRUCTION DOOM over and over again
    Me too!! And I was playing it late at night.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

cyrus ch3 lol

Spoiler: show

Theresa: I came all the way across the world and risked my life because I overheard someone saying they might hurt you also I saved your ass
    Cyrus: cool thx gtg bye
    Thersa: ...yeah... ok...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

And that is why Cyrus is the best

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    And that is why Cyrus is the best character not named Tressa
    don't judge me for this

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It makes me so happy you love.....studying

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

so what's the final verdict on this guy? wanted to sink into an RPG over the holidays and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is way too weeb cringe for me. prologue'd the Primrose chapter which was actually p good but hear that's kind of an outlier for the game and going forward the characters don't interact in a meaningful sense as their stories play out. can live with that if the individual stories are up to par, mostly play RPGs for that gay shit like narrative and characterization.

BG Level

IMO it's a pretty solid game. Yes the character interaction is extremely limited and only happens when you enter a tavern/after a cutscene and have the right characters in the party. But combat is pretty fun and it is a nice throwback to the old RPGs around the SNES era.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

the characters are each unique and well-written and the accompanying cast can get surprisingly deep. they do not interact with each other in a meaningful way, but they do interact with the cast in their own story, and those stories are definitely each up to par (taste notwithstanding). combat system is great; high difficulty but your team can easily be overpowered so it balances out surprisingly well

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I liked it much better than I like xc2

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is this game a DLC for switch or hard copy only?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Is this game a DLC for switch or hard copy only?
    wut?

Every game has digital on the eshop to my knowledge, but yes this has a physical version also.

BG Level

alright I grabbed this biz finished all the chapter 1s and am enjoying it but Yuri you are HIGH, AS, BALLS, stanning for Tressa Gods she is annoying.

clearly Cyrus and Primrose are perfect angels and all others are inferior

BG Level

She gets better around the 2nd chapter.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    alright I grabbed this biz finished all the chapter 1s and am enjoying it but Yuri you are HIGH, AS, BALLS, stanning for Tressa Gods she is annoying.

clearly Cyrus and Primrose are perfect angels and all others are inferior
    I see Tressa the way I see Miley Cyrus; I absolutely adore her but what I love about her is potentially annoying af to someone else and I can understand that

also I'm usually high as balls it's true

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Tress nails the parts of the genki kid member of the party that I love. Especially the convos with prim...especially the convos where she gets owned by prim over and over.

And she apologizes when she steals stuff!

BG Level

what the hell's a genki

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I see Tressa the way I see Miley Cyrus; I absolutely adore her but what I love about her is potentially annoying af to someone else and I can understand that

also I'm usually high as balls it's true
    I actually love Wrecking Ball

I'll give Tressa one more chance

BG Level

but two questions lads, the nuts give permanent stat boosts yes but the stat boosts seen non-uniform in their effects. is there an element of randomness or do they impact different characters to a different degree or are the boosts tied to your level? what's the deal with these nuts

secondly I was thinking of running a single group of 4 through all their chapters so as to not lose their narrative threads quite so much but the protagonist is permanently locked into your party? does that change at all when their story is done or am I looking at working through 4 stories to start, then 3 additional stories accompanied by the completed protagonist, then 1 poor bastard getting carried at the end

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

There are two character locks:

1) your main character is in your party until you finish their Ch4

2) the character whose chapter you are currently playing (if any) is in your party until you finish their chapter

You can rotate all eight or just play four main characters and rotate one out as you do the other stories. Most bosses aren't too hard with three high level characters. Only caveat is sometimes the path action of a character will be required (example: you aren't using Olberic. You decide to do one of his chapters. He will have to duel and probably lose if you haven't leveled him) When that happens you'll just have to grind a little to get past the roadblock.

Thing about Tressa is she's basically an Atelier heroine. If you like that kind of sweet harmless humour she's great. But she'll never be deep or meaningful or intriguing like some of the other characters, so ymmv

BG Level

but two questions lads, the nuts give permanent stat boosts yes but the stat boosts seen non-uniform in their effects. is there an element of randomness or do they impact different characters to a different degree or are the boosts tied to your level? what's the deal with these nuts
    If I remember correctly the nuts stat boost are based on the character's core stat at level 1. For example Olberic will gain a bigger boost with a STR nut than a mage like Cyrus/Ophelia.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

what the hell's a genki
    Genki in this context = energetic, silly, cute; tress and her story are almost relentlessly positive, happy and low stakes (more or less) compared to prim/olberic/cyrus/therion/alfyn/haanit, with ophilia being a bit of a wild card.