+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh yeah that's exactly what Tressa is, then

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Pretty much. Though I'll admit I did enjoy how lighthearted her story was compared to everyone else.

Ridill
    BG Level

On course for my video gaming, I come to the title's thread months after everyone's done playing it to announce I am now playing it and to ask a few beginner questions;

So I started with the Hunter and I just finished the first part of Ophelia's quest.

Is it normal that the regular enemies are so ridiculously easy but the bosses are a huge challenge? The bosses being challenging is great, but it just seemed to be a big gap between the two different kinds of encounters. I mean, I am working with a small sample size so far, but it made me wonder.

BG Level

Kinda. Bosses in the first chapter do have some odd scaling. I remember Ophelia's giving me trouble due to the adds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It'll scale up later as you go through different areas, and it depends on who you start with as well (prim has terrible defense and buffing isn't very useful when no one else is around; cyrus is a cinch till he runs out of spells).

Ridill
    BG Level

So, I may have become too OP?
    I haven't done any grinding. I've only done 3 lv2 Quests thus far but I'm almost the suggested level for rank 3 stuff. Only extra work I've put in was getting all the jobs unlocked.

My mostly used party consists of
    Hunter/Warrior
    Thief/Dancer
    Scholar/Cleric
    Cleric/Scholar

Kinda found infinite SP with Therion Share/Steal SP and giving it to Cyrus who just continually spams 2x spells. I never use sp items and Cyrus hasnt run out of SP during any fight yet, not even bosses-though I'm a little more conservative in those- top that off with Therion buffing his spell power and Hunter chick and Ophillia being able to pretty much break any guard between them, I kind of just mow through everything. In a fun kind of way, not a boring kind of way.

Though I am starting to wonder if I should just switch up main party completely to do the rest of the Part2 Quests. Dancer and Warrior are barely past lv10, Tressa's 20ish, and crafter dude is like 15. I should probably boost them up a bit and run with them for awhile. Wish I could switch out my main person too. No idea why they decided to limit that function.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just keep going, boss design will change and things will get even more interesting. You have to use everyone anyway so it's worth keeping everyone up to date.

main character can be changed when you finish their story.

BG Level

Fights can sometimes get pretty hard at the 3rd chapter. Therion gave me hell until I got SJs/leveled up a bit more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level

I've got Hannit, Therion, Ophillia, and Cyrus all around 40ish right now. Everyone else is lv12-24. All Quest2s are done and Ophillia and Therion Q3 are done. I decided I'm going to finish those 4 all the way through and ignore the others until I get the secret jobs and run through the others with them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I need to get back into Octopath Traveler, but my problem came when I finished everyone's chapters. Now I have no clue what to do next in order to progress further in the game.

I had some smart asses tell me "do quests, suck less" but no specifics other than that. I have no clue what I'm missing, and have been just travelling aimlessly like a chicken with it's head cut off.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Do quests sucks less

ok kidding you mean you finished everyone chapter 4 and looking what to do after?

Ridill
    BG Level

Just caught the Behemoth boss with Haanit on a 1% chance. Armor wasnt even broken. I was literally just using it to waste a turn while everyone else broke its guard. Hadnt even gotten it more than half health. Now for it to sit unused in my roster for the rest of the game.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I need to get back into Octopath Traveler, but my problem came when I finished everyone's chapters. Now I have no clue what to do next in order to progress further in the game.

I had some smart asses tell me "do quests, suck less" but no specifics other than that. I have no clue what I'm missing, and have been just travelling aimlessly like a chicken with it's head cut off.
    Yeah the game really doesn't give you too much of a hint as to what to do for the superboss.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wil this game be going on sale any time soon?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Wil this game be going on sale any time soon?
    I got it early last month for $40 at Target (they pricematched someone else's sale) which is about as good at you can hope for a new-in-box Switch game from a retailer. It will probably go back for that price sometime in the next few months.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah just spoil yourself on the superboss. There's so many quests and you can't get encounter-none till it becomes irrelevant, it's really easy to just never find it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Do quests sucks less

ok kidding you mean you finished everyone chapter 4 and looking what to do after?
    You are correct.

Ridill
    BG Level

I really wish I understood the speed stat and how this game determines who goes first.
    I'm trying to fight Sorcerer god dude and I need to Break him before he can get his stupid ultra debuff off but every time I restart it doesnt work out how I want it to. It should be easy. 3 of my 4 can do half the breakage yet sometimes the god goes first, sometimes only 1 of my people goes first, other times 2 of mine will go first but not the 2 I can use to break him. Doesnt seem to matter who I equip with what speed- at least with the amount I have available, it seems completely random.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There's a big amount of RNG on speed, but on average it'll follow the order you think. Prim and therion will usually go first, which is good because they are buffers and debuffers; the slow dudes usually go slow.