Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone else think the fact that the Switch can support 8 consoles linked up and the title of this game is Octopath means it might have multiplayer?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yes, I'm expecting crystal chronicles 2017 (maybe 2018) style. I also expect this game to not be an exclusive for long if ever, so why not buy it on the console that will have more people on it =\.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I mean, the battles seem to be turn based so I'm unsure if traditional multiplayer would work, but maybe something like a multiplayer style hub like a town that you get upgrades for, and each upgrade requires completing objectives and you could split up and each player handle seperate objectives to upgrade the town faster?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Demo live on eshop

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New longer trailer:

The music is really grabbing me. Hopefully the stories aren't shit.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The demo was really fun.

I'm really curious to see how all the stories intersect in the actual game. Are we supposed to play this game 8 times? Or is it gonna be too repetitive?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    The demo was really fun.

I'm really curious to see how all the stories intersect in the actual game. Are we supposed to play this game 8 times? Or is it gonna be too repetitive?
    I'm getting the feeling it will be Saga Frontier-like where each story is different, but shorter than a full game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Are we supposed to play this game 8 times?
    How do we make money off of portable garbage without resorting to DLC?
    Why... the Bravely Default penny pinching game dev model of course.

Step 1) Pay a cheap third party to scrape together one game world with ~6 hours of content based loosely on 15-20 year old IP and battle mechanics for which your company stupidly deleted all the assets of 10-15 years ago.
    Step 2) Bullshit the plot so you can make small cosmetic tweaks to character models and enemy stats to force your players to beat the same 6 hours of content like 2-4 more times.
    Step 3) Throw in a minimal amount of subquest and side content.
    Step 4) BOOM: 24-30 hours of cheap JRPG.
    Step 5) Add mandatory New Game+ mode with maybe a superboss.
    Step 6) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Portable JRPG gaming in the 21st century, ladies and gentlemen.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm happy to see someone else that thinks BD and/or the model it used was awful.

Was good until it repeated the same shit 4 or 5 times, I forget. Sure hope that won't be the case here, but it probably will.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I liked the demo. I wasn't impressed during the direct but demo made me change my mind

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Surveys have been sent to demo participants' emails. I'd suggest being as descriptive as possible -- Bravely Default was changed a fair bit based on demo feedback.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Surveys have been sent to demo participants' emails. I'd suggest being as descriptive as possible -- Bravely Default was changed a fair bit based on demo feedback.
    They talk too much it feel like it slows down the game pace

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Here are my suggestions

Spoiler: show
    Constructive criticism:

- There should be an option to disable the short voice blurbs that accompany text which isn't totally voice acted, and don't match the text.

- Text speed could stand to be sped up, or match the speed of the voice acting (preferable). Having text still appearing for seconds after the voice acting has finished doesn't feel right.

- The menus look fantastic, but scrolling through them could be snappier. It's a bit slow.

- There needs to be an option to skip dialogue/story scenes. For instance, if the player loses to Helgenish in the finale to Primrose's demo, they must go through the entire lengthy scene again to retry the boss fight.

- I enjoyed that the battle transition is very subtle and can sneak up on you, but perhaps a more iconic Final Fantasy-esque transition would be more suitable.

- The post-battle fanfare is also slightly undercooked when compared to previous Final Fantasy titles, I think. The text is so rich and well-written, and the battle animations so beautiful, I feel like the sprites could use a pinch more personality/charm -- think FFVI's amusing sprite reactions!

- In the equipment menu, is listing every weapon type necessary? It creates more scrolling than necessary. Perhaps it changes later in the game, so this observation may be invalid, but characters seem to have weapon type restrictions: maybe limit each character's equipment menu to those?

- More world interaction! Hidden items in pots are a classic JRPG touch that could be relatively easily implemented.

-Quest Log? Maybe that's what the inaccessible "Journal" is.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Does anyone else think the text size is a little small?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

yeah it is.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Do they get our email from Nintendo or ask for it? because I haven't got an email and it didn't seem to ask for one...

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Should be sent to your Nintendo email. Make sure you allow Nintendo to send you promotional emails in your Nintendo account.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

bah, lost my post, but basically everything EternityEnd said... Overall, I love it and like where they are going.

However, the vignette effect needs to go! ...and I mean this for EVERY game - I fucking hate this effect, it's like lens flares in the 2000s, it adds nothing to your game but annoying dark edges. Depth of Field and Bloom need to be turned down, or have a toggle.

On the subject of full screen effects. Why is it every Unreal powered game I see starts out with Vignette, DoF, Bloom, God Rays, and Motion Blur all at max settings as if it is somehow making the game better?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    bah, lost my post, but basically everything EternityEnd said... Overall, I love it and like where they are going.

However, the vignette effect needs to go! ...and I mean this for EVERY game - I fucking hate this effect, it's like lens flares in the 2000s, it adds nothing to your game but annoying dark edges. Depth of Field and Bloom need to be turned down, or have a toggle.

On the subject of full screen effects. Why is it every Unreal powered game I see starts out with Vignette, DoF, Bloom, God Rays, and Motion Blur all at max settings as if it is somehow making the game better?
    Vignette?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast