+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Faster than Walt Flanagan's Dog
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Saw some posts on reddit today and went to try it out once for testing purposes. You can start duels in the new KC tournaments with decks of any size. I went in with just 5: 2 BEWD, Lord of D, a flute and sphere kuribo. I immediately surrendered because I don't want to get my account banned, but I've been beaten twice by this method as well. May want to avoid the new PVP until they patch it...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll wait for patch lol. That said, nice little campaign, new box and 500 fancy gems + 300 gems for KC launch... very nice... pulled a 10 on the new pack and got the "Escape From the Dark Dimension" UR card, as well as Dark Mirror Force (R) and two SR (The Panda one and I a mirror, I forgot its name, its a spell card). Either way, got a few rares I was eyeballing from it, and kinda look forward to seeing if I can build a Banished deck..

Ridill
    BG Level

I spent 500 on the new set and got Dunames Dark Witch so I reset the box. Spent 300 on the blue eyes set because I still want Balloons, BEUD, and Kuriboh. Still haven't gotten any of those and only 55 packs left.

Ridill
    BG Level

This KC cup event seems kind of lame and super grindy. All it rewards is money and gems and you get so little points for winning, it'll take forever to get to higher tiers. I'm at 9 wins in a row and the extra points I get is still only 50.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Feels like a switch was flipped. I made up a Dark/Spellcaster deck that relied heavily on spamming Cosmo Queens that took me from rank 1 to 5 with the later portion being an 11 game winning spree. After hitting 5, I went on an 8 game losing streak then began swapping wins and loses. I dunno if I was just getting super lucky/opponents unlucky early on, but I've pretty much shelved the deck at this point.

I think PvP events like this would be more well received with rule changes, 8k life points, forced 30 card decks, ban list, etc. As it stands, it feels like Harpie Ladys, Gravekeepers, Weevil/Odin burns, and lucky Makos are the go to. Rex can be solid but it can easily get wrecked.

Guess in the end, the game has fallen into the same trap the physical did back in the day did. No matter how well your deck is built, a bad starting hand can easily lead to a loss.

Ridill
    BG Level

Wow, so I just lost a Kaiba corp duel I was going to win because somehow my Turn Time Limit ran out when it wasn't even my turn. Wtf

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've read about all kinds of fuckery in this event, but I've yet to experience any of it. I read about 5 card OTK decks, force dcing causing you to lose, time outs, etc. Some seem to think it's hacks or exploits, others say it's just bugs. Idk whats up with it. For the most part, my experience has been fine, except for the first day when a sudden dc caused me to reload the game after playing an Enemy Controller. Game forced me to tribute and take his monster for some reason, which wasn't what I wanted to do and it cost me the game.

I'm up to level 9 now sitting at rank 495~, but it's very competitive at that rank. A single loss (swing of 100~ points) would drop me 80~ places. I'm hoping to stay in the top 1k for the 2x URs and 300k gold, but top 10k is ok too, just lose an UR and 100k gold. I finally settled on a Weevil burn that has served me really well. The only deck that consistently gives me trouble are Harpy Lady decks, but I've got a few answers for them that makes it a toss up.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, the more competitively I get into the game the less interested I get in it.
    I've actually started playing Hearthstone again instead sometimes, though the biggest problem with that game is its overuse of RNG.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didn't mind the KC Cup for the week, but towards the end of tonight, I fucking hate it. I was sitting at 10495 DP around rank 780 but wasn't comfortable with that. Tried to give myself a slight buffer. Instead, I'm on a 7 game losing streak against some of the fucking dumbest decks that just happen to work. Either that, or Gravekeepers. Fuck Gravekeepers. Recruiter and Oracle need limited like now. Having 3 summons back to back that either clear your face down field or 0 out your monsters is just ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8