1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or that BLM SkS hacker.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    bringing the glitch in to a fight that the group has prolly been winning consistently for weeks/months now only to get permabanned is pretty fucking stupid, yeah.

meanwhile I still know some Twintania poshackers that never got perma'd (:
    never got anything*

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The difference between this game and XI is that banning people on XI just sold more copies of the game. XIV isn't so addictive that 70% of the banned people would have a new account the very next day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well also banning people in XIV does almost nothing because you can get back into raiding within a month. Hell if you're really good at the game you can clear A12S right after you get crafted i250 gear.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    The difference between this game and XI is that banning people on XI just sold more copies of the game. XIV isn't so addictive that 70% of the banned people would have a new account the very next day.
    Man I love seeing random numbers and percentages being thrown around with anecdotal evidence

What you're saying makes 0 sense tho. It's a joke to get back into XIV because of how easy it is to get gear and into content. Banned players could be right back playing in a week with the right friends/static.

If you were ban in XI (75 cap era) you lost years of progress which was absolutely devastating ( the Salvage bans were a great example of this, there were massive amounts of Linkshells where people completely quit after being banned ).

If anything banning people in XIV sells more copies, not the other way around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

To be honest, if I used my own anecdotal evidence of people I know that got banned and immediately bought the game again, it would be 100%. But that's 5 out of 5, so obviously not a notable enough sample size.

And how does it not make sense, XI has that special sauce that hooks people, XIV has world class raiders that only sub for 1-2 months per 2 patch cycle. Most people I know at this point would be relieved if they got banned that they finally have an excuse to stop playing.

XI invokes a passion in people that losing everything sparks an immediate desire to start getting it back. XIV doesn't.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    To be honest, if I used my own anecdotal evidence of people I know that got banned and immediately bought the game again, it would be 100%. But that's 5 out of 5, so obviously not a notable enough sample size.

And how does it not make sense, XI has that special sauce that hooks people, XIV has world class raiders that only sub for 1-2 months per 2 patch cycle. Most people I know at this point would be relieved if they got banned that they finally have an excuse to stop playing.

XI invokes a passion in people that losing everything sparks an immediate desire to start getting it back. XIV doesn't.
    Damn that I home pretty hard. I finished the MSQ, but I have no motivation to do Dun Scaith or Solm Al Hard more than once, not really sure what else came out that's worth doing. Maybe Hildy but I haven't started the heavensward hildy quests yet.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Starting over again in XI was a ridiculous concept. Most people wouldn't have the time for it, especially if they lost years worth of levels,merits,gear accumulation and gil. Not to mention their character name, on a game where reputation was everything. It would have been too soul-crushing for me to do it all again, and I know most people who got banned after salvage bans (all endgame players with a lot to lose, mind you) simply quit.

If I had to start over in XIV though, I'm 100% positive I could get where I am right now - achievements and all - in under a year. That would have been an impossible feat in XI unless you were paying RMT to powerlevel you while you were gone, or bought a character that was already fully leveled (and I know some people did do that).

Just, for a normal person, or even a person who's a little obsessed with MMOs, starting again in XI was not a great prospect, and I can't imagine more people would have restarted there if they got banned than restarting in XIV, which is a much more manageable feat.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You guys are forgetting that people just bought accounts in XI if they were banned. I doubt many people started from scratch, but account selling was extremely prevalent. I can think of many "big-wigs" on both of my old servers that had a billion accounts. Stanislav immediately comes to mind.

Man... now I miss all those "Special Task Force" updates they used to roll out 3 times a year. I always got a Sentai vibe from them, as if SE had some super Sentai squad running around banning gil sellers left and right.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Oh I remember the account buying because I sold one of my old ones to a Salvage banned person lol. They swore left and right they wouldn't play XI again, like many, yet they were right back on the game. I remember the loudest people during the bans, you know the "SE CAN'T AND WON'T TOUCH ME" that got banned? Were immediately getting back into the end-game scene not even 2 weeks later.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

XIV accounts sell fast and for good money. Not like XI accounts brought though.

But you can set up an XIV account and have it endgame ready in a week. (fully automated)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Ah, I come from the days of salvage bans, was not aware that Yoshi P was a man of a different approach lol
    It's just a bunch of BS. This will get patched as all the previously found exploits in the past. The very first I remember was Garuda's AI bug back in 1.0 and obviously banning players for exploiting a bug isn't exactly ideal nor fair.
    The Salvage ban reaction wasn't due to the exploit itself but the fact that players didn't report that shit for months and obviously took advantage of it. That was justified imo, this one wouldn't.
    Fix it and move on.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    XIV accounts sell fast and for good money. Not like XI accounts brought though.

But you can set up an XIV account and have it endgame ready in a week. (fully automated)
    Fair points on both accounts.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You guys are forgetting that people just bought accounts in XI if they were banned. I doubt many people started from scratch, but account selling was extremely prevalent. I can think of many "big-wigs" on both of my old servers that had a billion accounts. Stanislav immediately comes to mind.

Man... now I miss all those "Special Task Force" updates they used to roll out 3 times a year. I always got a Sentai vibe from them, as if SE had some super Sentai squad running around banning gil sellers left and right.
    Heh, I remember those and when they implemented said force. Always huge ass amount of accounts found and banned. You could visibly see it affecting the gil sellers too. The gilsellers were disappearing during my time on Cerberus.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dunno what to think of it but the new Proto Ultima fight is a weekly reset fight within Dun Scaith. Lots of people on Reddit bitching about how easy it is. It just replaced one of the cheese-mob segments.

So yeah, easy free 270 accessory every week

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dun Scaith gets me a free i270 upgrade piece, a free i260 left side, and a free i270 accessory. Ballin.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Dunno what to think of it but the new Proto Ultima fight is a weekly reset fight within Dun Scaith. Lots of people on Reddit bitching about how easy it is. It just replaced one of the cheese-mob segments.

So yeah, easy free 270 accessory every week
    Forgive me for asking a potentially stupid question here, but I am stuck at work for a while longer.

Do you mean to say that they added Proto Ultima as a mid boss in Dun Scaith? No prequest or anything like that, just another mid-boss with a drop you lot for? But with his own weekly lockout?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Based on reddit:

Spoiler: show
    It replaces Succubus

LUL

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Based on reddit:

Spoiler: show
    It replaces Succubus

LUL
    I don't even....

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I mean, it's pretty retarded how SE hyped up Proto-Ultima for 3.55(a/b now) and it's just a fucking trash mob with YET ANOTHER fucking weekly reset lol. It makes no sense. It should have been a 24 man ex-primal to do something new and at least add a final challenge since there's no more major content until 4.0 (Diadem will die quickly, again), at least make people work for something. I'm not mad about it personally, it's just stupid in the grand scheme of things, especially some of the stats but eh an upgrade is upgrade.

I guess it's better than a free glamour sword. The glamour body is a nice reskin though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast