1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Ah, I come from the days of salvage bans, was not aware that Yoshi P was a man of a different approach lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

How the flying fuck did that get through QA

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Ah, I come from the days of salvage bans, was not aware that Yoshi P was a man of a different approach lol
    Yeah, he doesn't even ban botters no matter how much proof you give them because "we can't accept evidence from outside sources like youtube etc." so it's impossible to really report some things. Last time there was a big exploit they changed packets to hopefully break progams, but unless an exploit is hindering gameplay for people to an extreme degree, he's very forgiving.

I too miss the "don't do this, we're watching" of the salvage bans and how people thought SE wouldn't do anything and well, the rest is history.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah the two icons that show 4 minutes are the debuffers from the quest. I was wondering why it was so strong at the start and then dropped so fast.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

But they lost a lot of players during the salvage bans. Not only many of the top endgame players, but also many of their friends who quit in protest. I'm not saying they shouldn't have banned all those players (that's a debate for another thread, and it already happened anyway), but SE knows now the extent of the backlash they'll get if they ban players en masse for taking advantage of exploits, and I doubt it's a hit they want to take again.

Sure banning those people without question is "nice" for the players who are outraged by exploits and would never use/associate with them, but for the company overall it's potentially a very big loss, depending on the scale of the exploit. Generally SE doesn't seem to be in the business now of losing customers to bans, even for bad behavior.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    How the flying fuck did that get through QA
    You can actually do this in a few fights, 10 and 11 are also possible to do this in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You can actually do this in a few fights, 10 and 11 are also possible to do this in.
    http://i.imgur.com/vRMtGha.gifv

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't even ban botters no matter how much proof you give them because "we can't accept evidence from outside sources like youtube etc." so it's impossible to really report some things. Last time there was a big exploit they changed packets to hopefully break progams, but unless an exploit is hindering gameplay for people to an extreme degree, he's very forgiving.

I too miss the "don't do this, we're watching" of the salvage bans and how people thought SE wouldn't do anything and well, the rest is history.
    This is how I feel about him in general. Basically if it doesn't equate to loss of subscriptions, no big deal.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Expoits are SEs fault. They should patch them and move on. No need to Ban anyone.

The salvage bans were retarded and they paid the ultimate business price.

No umbrite nerf after the hotfix?

mk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    No umbrite nerf after the hotfix?

mk
    If it doesn't happen today it's gnna be 3.55, gotta keep people playing till 4.0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm honestly just waiting for 3.55 to come around so I can farm Alex to my content.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Expoits are SEs fault. They should patch them and move on. No need to Ban anyone.

The salvage bans were retarded and they paid the ultimate business price.
    Yeah, no. When you go out of the way of expected normal game play to pull off something like Salvage duping, there's no accidental benefiting about it to cast doubt. And given exploits usually cycle for a fair amount of time before devs are actually made aware, this whole "no punishment" approach just encourages people to milk such loopholes with a perceived sense of immunity.

More specific to this, I'll at least agree people randomly involved in PUGs should not be punished in any way, as it's something that doesn't require any special action or coordination to trigger, just apparently someone using an item that's not supposed to work on the mob(s). The people repeatedly doing this, nonetheless, should get their nuts kicked in.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

booooooooo no umbrite nerf in hotfix. guess we have to wait until 3.55. by which point I'll be done lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm of the belief that anything you can do within the game without access to third party tools is on the devs, not the players. Obviously pos hacks and such should be banned, but otherwise it's their fault and their responsibility to fix.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm of the belief that anything you can do within the game without access to third party tools is on the devs, not the players. Obviously pos hacks and such should be banned, but otherwise it's their fault and their responsibility to fix.
    In a sense. However, considering this particular one is related to an item that is unrelated to this content, it's not their "fault" it works in terms of placing the blame because that would mean they for some reason programmed it to work on very particular not related content for who knows what reason. I know SE is incompetent, but they have access to god mode, they don't need to weaken the monster through in-game items lol.

It's similar to pets breaking primal scripts - MCH's "Pets" worked but they only fixed SMN/ACN/SCH pets from breaking the script.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Spaghetti code, etc.. Nonetheless, whenever topics like this come up, if something seems too good to be true, it's probably best not to tempt fate. Salvage duping and Tavnazia NPC reselling in XI, Hellfire Amulet or Blood Shard exploits in D3, mass gold production from karma generated items in GW2, or whatever, expecting players to exercise a bit of discretion for the games they choose to play/love really shouldn't be a far-fetched concept.

Unless it's all about being #1, then fuck everything, I guess.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

isn't that the saddest part though? this guy used exploits to get pomanders and shit and he still couldn't hit #1 DPS :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, no. When you go out of the way of expected normal game play to pull off something like Salvage duping, there's no accidental benefiting about it to cast doubt. And given exploits usually cycle for a fair amount of time before devs are actually made aware, this whole "no punishment" approach just encourages people to milk such loopholes with a perceived sense of immunity.

More specific to this, I'll at least agree people randomly involved in PUGs should not be punished in any way, as it's something that doesn't require any special action or coordination to trigger, just apparently someone using an item that's not supposed to work on the mob(s). The people repeatedly doing this, nonetheless, should get their nuts kicked in.

My main problem was it was a Ban. Not a suspension.

I personally think they ban too quickly. Put big FU suspensions tier 1 = 3days, 2 = 1 weeks, 3 = 1 month, 4 = 3 months then perma. Different offenses should carry different tiers. But once you have your 3 month (and you always get the 3 month) anything beyond that and you are perma. Gives players a huge heads up to what is coming.

Having fun with your raid mates with a new exploit and then waking up to a perma banned account is not acceptable to me. Its a videogame people do dumb shit just because its fun without really considering the consequences.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

bringing the glitch in to a fight that the group has prolly been winning consistently for weeks/months now only to get permabanned is pretty fucking stupid, yeah.

meanwhile I still know some Twintania poshackers that never got perma'd (:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast