1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Completion Reward

Upon completing Dun Scaith, players can also earn a separate reward once per week. This reward can be exchanged with Bertana in Idyllshire (X:5.8 Y:5.2) for items used to enhance equipment purchased with Allagan tomestones of scripture.

I didn't see anything more about this, they aren't forcing us to do all 3 each week o.O?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

There will be a weekly quest making us do all 3 (don't ever think Yoshida will do the smart/non-clearly-forcing-us-to-rerun-old-content-until-expansion path.) This is similar to Weeping City giving us the Penny that required us to run Void Ark in conjunction in order to upgrade Lore gear.

I think it was lore gear...idk I had Midas gear so I never upgraded it lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah it's like 2.x; They are talking about the weekly quest to obtain a piece of:

Shit that upgrades weapon
    Shit that upgrades left side gear
    Shit that upgrades right side gear

Requiring you to clear all 3 void arks earns you one of the pieces of shit above.

Doing Void Ark, Weeping Shitty and Dun Scaith will earn you 3 pieces of mini shit allowing you to trade in for one pieces of shit above, but you're capped at 1 a week at most because Dun Scaith will have a weekly cap (as per quote) if you want to upgrade 260 gear (1 mini shit though will allow you to buy 1 piece to upgrade ilvl200 piece, 2 minis will buy you 1 piece to upgrade ilvl230 and now I assume 3 pieces will allow you to upgrade ilvl260).

Is how I see it anyways.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Would've been too easy I guess, thanks!

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No job adjustments huh?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was there suppose to be adjustments?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They never mentioned there were going to be any job adjustments before Stormblood. It's just wishful thinking from people that consider PLD/MNK/casters trash cause they can't speed run (which means they can't clear content by association).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    They never mentioned there were going to be any job adjustments before Stormblood. It's just wishful thinking from people that consider PLD/MNK/casters trash cause they can't speed run (which means they can't clear content by association).
    I was kinda hoping to see the first steps towards removing acc and parry. Job adjustments not too much.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I believe it was mentioned they were going to adjust some things that could affect jobs, but they chose to save it unto 4.0 so they can, yet again, make "sweeping changes across the board" since it wouldn't be fair or blah blah. (Basically they don't want to run the risk of players picking favorites even though it already happens.)

Think it's similar to how they're contemplating removing accuracy or condensing it (similar to how STR/VIT aids in tank DPS now) and doing god knows what with parry. Job adjustments I can see happening in part 2, but only for PvP..as usual, especially because of everyone about to flood PvP for Garo shit over the next half year.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Was there suppose to be adjustments?
    No but there usually are some tweaks at each patch.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Reddit would be proud.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Reddit would be proud.
    Glad you approve. SE isn't going to make any drastic changes this close to expansion for jobs that are perfectly viable for the current content. If speedruns are your thing then job change because no matter what, there is going to be one mathematically best setup and certain jobs are going to be left behind everytime as has been the case since 1.0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Haven't they usually done sweeping job changes for raid tier patches? (With the exception of necessary job balancing)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They've usually done a couple tweaks here and there with the only major changes from what I recall were in 2.1 when BRD was nerfed slightly, MNK became a powerhouse and WAR got unfucked then in 3.1 when PLD, AST, and MCH got fairly decent buffs. Back during 2.5, bout the only thing they did was lower the MP costs for some ACN spells since they didn't want to change too much considering HW was bringing changes to SMN.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Glad you approve.
    Whooosh

SE isn't going to make any drastic changes this close to expansion for jobs that are perfectly viable for the current content. If speedruns are your thing then job change because no matter what, there is going to be one mathematically best setup and certain jobs are going to be left behind everytime as has been the case since 1.0.
    [/QUOTE]

Never said they need to make drastic changes. The jobs are only viable because current content is piss easy. However this meta has a knock on effect to those playing non meta roles in regards of recruitment - just take a look at the places recruitment happens. All that was needed was some slight tweaks to make some jobs more viable - it really wouldn't take too much to do that. Yes, there is always going to be one mathematically best setup, but usually there's some variation between fights or there is a small difference that can be made up for in skill. Just look at the clear numbers for each role in the last two weeks on FFlogs, and the damage numbers for each fight on FFlogs.

While at the end of the day it doesn't matter for progression, there is still a knock on effect for recruitment - and its 6 months until the expansion. Not exactly that close.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Don't worry, I understood your comment, the sarcasm was dripping.

As far as recruiting for the coming expansion, I say recruiting based on job is very short sighted since we have no clue how the new jobs will fit in, let alone how current jobs will change. Rather recruit someone that's flexible and/or is just good at their job than recruit off a meta that will ultimately change.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

4.0 will come and PLD will still be shit, here i said it!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Don't worry, I understood your comment, the sarcasm was dripping.
    I can't tell if people get it anymore. Maybe i'm just getting old.

As far as recruiting for the coming expansion, I say recruiting based on job is very short sighted since we have no clue how the new jobs will fit in, let alone how current jobs will change. Rather recruit someone that's flexible and/or is just good at their job than recruit off a meta that will ultimately change.
    I agree. But unfortunately, that isn't how it the vast majority of groups recruit.

The thing is, the change list would be pretty small for them to "patch up" a few of these jobs. WHM is the difficult one and it stems from how ridiculous SCH and AST are (with AST needing a major rework). But PLD/MNK/BLM/SMN could be given dps increases so that the overall output (excluding party buffs) would be MNK=BLM > SMN > DRG=NIN > BRD=MCH (You could make an argument to have SMN dropping into DRG/NIN tier by giving it some DPS utility but that is more aimed at rework territory imo). This wouldn't affect those playing non raid content and wouldn't break any of the jobs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I can't tell if people get it anymore. Maybe i'm just getting old.

I agree. But unfortunately, that isn't how it the vast majority of groups recruit.

The thing is, the change list would be pretty small for them to "patch up" a few of these jobs. WHM is the difficult one and it stems from how ridiculous SCH and AST are (with AST needing a major rework). But PLD/MNK/BLM/SMN could be given dps increases so that the overall output (excluding party buffs) would be MNK=BLM > SMN > DRG=NIN > BRD=MCH (You could make an argument to have SMN dropping into DRG/NIN tier by giving it some DPS utility but that is more aimed at rework territory imo). This wouldn't affect those playing non raid content and wouldn't break any of the jobs.

Party buffs are going to be nerfed to death or removed.

That will allow them to easily balance the classes which seems to be their number one goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast