1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Why the fuck did they disable being able to queue for feast and frontlines at the same time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Why the fuck did they disable being able to queue for feast and frontlines at the same time.
    Just was about to complain that I couldn't queue 4v4 and 8v8 I want options to get in what ever is ready first.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    The fight rewards guaranteed max ilevel gear, what does it need beyond that? People still do weekly Dun Scaith/Mhach/VA for much worse time:reward ratios.

Regardless, if they wanted to keep people queueing until the expac they could've:
    -Let people trade Ultima tokens for multiple crystalized sand/umbrites and other relic bs
    -Let the DF queue pop with fewer than 24 players if nobody is queued (similar to Frontlines), let premades enter with fewer than 24 players
    -Put it in WT

In the end even if it did die within a couple months, I don't understand why that's suddenly a concern - that's about the shelf life for a lot of content in this game.

The way they implemented this "trial" was just pure lazy bullshit and I don't know why they bothered. Even Odin was handled better and that trial was worthless too.
    With current rewards no one would queue into it after getting their accessories, people queue into dun scaith because of the mhachi matter however.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

patch 3.55 notes:

- Due to the influx of returning players, the Savage Aim V materia you've been hoarding will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams
    - Due to the lowering of umbrite to 150 lore per while maintaining the cost of crystal sand, your server will sell out of Ice/Earth/Fire IV materias and you'll be able to triple the price and still sell like hotcakes.

THIS HAS BEEN A GOOD PATCH BOYS

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So the help text for the new Zhloe turn-in stuff actually explains the rotation you should use for crafting and gathering.
    Which is a total first for me to see in this game. I'm slightly (?) impressed. Still trying to figure out how to catch Thavinarian Leaf in Upper Thaliak river, though. I caught one with Stonefly Nymph, but it looks like a really low bite rate. Didn't manage to catch any yet using brute leech or goblin/bladed jig.

[edit] yeah looks like stonefly nymph is the way to go for Thav Leaf. I caught many with it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Diadem weapons are i280 lol. Two weeks after the anima weapon finale and there's already a weapon that's higher ilvl. That being said the secondary stats are all random so who knows how tedious it'll be to get an actual good weapon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Spoiler: show

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Who's salty? I find it kind of hilarious and hope it'll be convenient as fuck for getting weapons for all my level 60 jobs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just ran one. Layout is basically: Mission tells you to kill 3-5 easy overworld mobs, then do 2-3 fates to fill your mission gauge. Get new mission, repeat x2 or x3. Don't know how to spawn Emergency Mission yet but I assume it's something like doing a certain #/type of fates or killing a certain #/type of mobs. It SHOULD be possible to purposefully trigger this.
    You get a sack of rewards for finishing your missions (I think, at least we got it from something) and lockboxes from FATEs. There's also buried coffers you can get lockboxes from. It's worth it to look for them.

Some islands and caves are unavailable at the start until you finish your missions and then you can use aetherial currents to reach those areas. You can't fly in those areas, so there's a Mirage Snail that gives you invis if you touch it (until it runs out of mana, that is).

Lockboxes work just like POTD loot. You get them appraised and they turn into something. From the sampling I got I'd say 50% bronze spoils, 30% materia, 20% other stuff. The "other stuff" includes Jewel orchestrion scroll and Sunburst 265 gear.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just took a bunch of screenshots and stuck em up on Imgur. We didn't get the Emergency FATE. There's an NPC which tells you about access to the Missing Gem - there's a platform there. Not sure if that's the only way to spawn the big mobs.

http://imgur.com/a/BCg20

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So disregarding all the noise about the lolgear and lolrevamp

Is it easier to get my pony now?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

only went in duo for an hour, pony will take longer imo

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

Yes. Very. Brass spoils are like 50% or more from the lockboxes, which drop regularly to your inventory.

After doing more runs, I've learned some more things.

Once you finish your Primary/Secondary missions and get access to the darkened islands (accessible only via Aetherial current things), you can tackle boss fates that spawn there. These are basically the old Star mobs from the previous Diadem, except as a fate. I'm not sure if doing these is what causes emergency mission to spawn, but it seems likely.

Emergency Mission info: You enter Mhachi Gate or w/e and there are 4 crystals to take you to 4 sides of the same arena where there are 4 bosses waiting for you. Have to take down the adds quickly or it's a wipe. After all 4 bosses are down, a megaboss spawns in the middle. He's pretty tough even with max # of parties rocking his face, because he does a lot of damage. It seems very much like a 24man raid boss. At the end a sack drops, just like when you finish your primary objectives. Mine had 3 pieces of 265 gear in it, but no weapon.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

You can probably get your pony in 3-4 runs if you farm fates there, even faster if you get emergency missions.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hm, FATES... does that mean I don't necessarily need to be with my party? Say, they all decided to fuck off and mine somewhere, I can just continue to FATE and hopefully get a gold?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Not by yourself. You pretty much need to do them with a party, especially if there are other parties doing the FATEs too.

So yeah this Diadem is basically garbage tier. It's straight up Fate Farming. I feel like I'm in North Than again. As an added bonus, you may go the whole hour without seeing a single boss fate like my party just did. Emergency fates are...idk, like unicorns except not, because unicorns are all over the damn place in there.

When Yoshi said Diadem was going to be the template that 4.0 content would be based around, I see he probably means stuff like both that and PotD. Things you can simply hop into, get a ton of loot for 0 skill, and feel like it's a job well done until it dawns on you just how repetitive and boring the content is and you're wasting your life on things a robot might as well be doing.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah ok thanks, I'll just get myself into farming parties then, get my pony and call it a day.

I don't care for the other stuff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Did diadem this past hour breakdown was:

Emergency Mission!....people see multiple portals...EVERYONE FLOODS TO ONE and causes the Buer to break out alongside the other 'bosses'..emergency mission wasted.
    Tons of Boss FATEs...lovely meteors to the face.
    40 Damaged lock boxes per "conversion", common spoils are brass spoils and trash tier IV materia..the lockboxes are similar but they're guaranteed to not fail.

The SYSTEMS are nice but the execution leaves much to be desired. I guess he felt we weren't doing enough FATEs with PoTD being a thing?

Oh...and baby dinosaur was a cool quick 9m profit lol.

Was the emergency boss hard at all or was it just a Zerg fest like S ranks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Was the emergency boss hard at all or was it just a Zerg fest like S ranks
    Hard to say..because everyone fucked it up before it even began lol. It FEELS like it's a type of S Rank, but it's not a 'zergfest' as a group of people are supposed to control each elemental sector, THEN you zerg down the boss lol, so it's kinda sorta the same, but there IS an actual strategy element to it.