1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Hard to say..because everyone fucked it up before it even began lol. It FEELS like it's a type of S Rank, but it's not a 'zergfest' as a group of people are supposed to control each elemental sector, THEN you zerg down the boss lol, so it's kinda sorta the same, but there IS an actual strategy element to it.
    Worst is that even if one of the elemental sectors fuck it up you can say goodbye to the whole thing

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

3.56 notes up for anyone interested

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...e5f7d1a09dd1f2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show
    Looks like Ilberd summoned Shinryu and obviously we got Omega to chase down.

Wonder if they're going to be shortening expansion cycles now.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post

It would be more correct to say Ilberd and his countrymen summoned Shinryu. It was all of their dreams to see the Empire crushed, and their deaths/dreams served to summon Shinryu, with Nidhogg's eyes as the conduit of aether needed.

In general Final Fantasy lore Omega and Shinryuu are both extra-dimensional beasts locked in an eternal struggle. It was really good for Yoshi-P to have brought that story here in all it's glory (also leaves him a large berth of space to write a backstory for Omega as we do it's accompanying raids. I mean we could literally do raids anywhere in the Final Fantasy's lore (across any FF game really) if the Omega story holds true.

Also Yoshi-P said it will be 2 years between Stormblood & 5.0 so take it as you will.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The new mogstation items looks rather desirable to me this time around (not the aymerica's attire, but the ward knight stuff!). I never cared or liked dressing up as the important NPCs in game, but the Ward Knight stuff looks cool even if that armor is a recolour (i think?) of the existing tank gear, more or less (or it actually is just a recolour).

Anyone know where that mage set comes from? I think that model exists in game but I can't think of any at the moment.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's all (sans the obvious Lead Elf set) from Thordan's Knights of the Round, mage set included. The coat for Ward Mage is the same model as one of the achievement rewards (Best Gown Ever?) and Chimerical Casting robe. Ward Knight is the same general model as adamantite stuff. You're basically paying for the color palette.

I still think they should split the hair and armor for the character cosplay sets so people who just care about one or the other don't get dicker dogged.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

hmm, the tank armor set uses that same or extremely similar model, that I can tell as it's recognizable.

Do you know if any of the mage stuff looks similar to the knights of the round mage set? Nothing strikes out to me at the moment as similar gear I can craft/collect.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edited it into the post above

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lovely, thanks! I'll go play around on the market board tonight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I don't understand what makes you think expac cycles are going to be shortened.

Both enemies have been connected since their first appearances in the Interdimensional Rift of FFV, and so both are likely to be bosses in the Stormblood raid of the same name.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    It would be more correct to say Ilberd and his countrymen summoned Shinryu. It was all of their dreams to see the Empire crushed, and their deaths/dreams served to summon Shinryu, with Nidhogg's eyes as the conduit of aether needed.

In general Final Fantasy lore Omega and Shinryuu are both extra-dimensional beasts locked in an eternal struggle. It was really good for Yoshi-P to have brought that story here in all it's glory (also leaves him a large berth of space to write a backstory for Omega as we do it's accompanying raids. I mean we could literally do raids anywhere in the Final Fantasy's lore (across any FF game really) if the Omega story holds true.

Also Yoshi-P said it will be 2 years between Stormblood & 5.0 so take it as you will.
    Which is the boss we were supposed to fight in an "epic air battle" during Heavensward hype train, so I guess we finally got it with the usual yoshi-p twist lol. While I like its design in this game, I can only hope it's halfway as decent of a fight as it was in FFVa and FFXI (prior to godmodeing it)...so essentially I hope it's part of the Savage or Ex primal fights and not a "story" fight or it'll be a waste.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post

Ah I rememver there was talk on this board wherein Squeenix wanted short expac cycles for dqx and xiv.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ah I rememver there was talk on this board wherein Squeenix wanted short expac cycles for dqx and xiv.
    They do, they want to release an exp every 2ish years or so. But jamming in 2 key enemies pretty quickly is either to build up backstory or because it'll be another HW where the "main story" ends fairly quickly or it'll be a 'side story' like Alexander where it simply has loose ties to the MSQ.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They do, think about "short" in relation to other large AAA titles. If they can pump out an expansion every 2 years, they will be look pretty good.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Patch 3.57 notes

From: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...e21a459f2ab5b3

Playable Content:

The difficulty of obtaining items required to complete the anima weapon quests has been reduced as follows:

• The drop rate of Luminous Crystals has been increased.
    • The number of elementally aspected luminous crystals required to exchange for Astral Nodules and Umbral Nodules has been reduced from three of each to one of each.
    • The number of Crystal Sand received when exchanging items with Ulan has been increased from one to two.
    • The number of Allagan tomestones of lore required in exchange for Singing Clusters has been reduced from 150 to 80.
    • The number of Singing Clusters received upon completing the quest "Seeking Inspiration" has been increased from 10 to 18.

Battle System

The weekly limitation on Alexandrian Gears received upon completing Alexander - The Soul of the Creator has been removed.

The number of Alexandrian Gears required in exchange for Micro Tomestones has been reduced from seven to four.

The strength of the Echo granted in Alexander (Savage) has been increased.

The Echo will take effect upon entering Alexander (Savage), increasing players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing magic potency by 15%.
    * Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase in the event all party members are incapacitated.

Players can now queue to enter the following trials via the Duty Finder.

• The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
    • Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
    • The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage
    • Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme)

Dun Scaith has been adjusted as follows:

The weekly restrictions on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
    The weekly restriction on obtaining Mhachi Shillings has been removed.
    Players can now exchange a Mhachi Farthing, Mhachi Penny, and Mhachi Shilling for a Deepest Gobdip by speaking with Bertana in Idyllshire (X:5.8 Y:5.2).

When registering to enter the Diadem, players who discard their mission ceruleum after being matched but prior to entering the instance will incur a penalty for abandoning the duty.

Resolved Issues

The following issues have been addressed.

• An issue wherein enmity from the elementally amplified wind crystal, which appears in The Diadem, was not canceled under certain conditions.
    • An issue wherein the effects of Dissipation would be received while a pet is still summoned when the scholar actions Dissipation and Summon were used at the same time.
    • An issue wherein action status effects that cannot normally be prolonged were able to be prolonged when another action is used at the same time the astrologian action Celestial Opposition activates.
    • An issue wherein the crest was not displayed properly when the item Lord Commander's Coat was equipped by a Highlander.
    • An issue wherein changes to the pulldown menu of the Spoils Trader window were not reflected properly.
    • An issue wherein some of the BGM that played during the main scenario quest “Mask of Grief” was incorrect.
    • An issue wherein an incorrect name was displayed during the staff credits.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WOW THAT SCHOLAR NERF WAY TO RUIN THE GAME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9