1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post

The thing is, the change list would be pretty small for them to "patch up" a few of these jobs. WHM is the difficult one and it stems from how ridiculous SCH and AST are (with AST needing a major rework). But PLD/MNK/BLM/SMN could be given dps increases so that the overall output (excluding party buffs) would be MNK=BLM > SMN > DRG=NIN > BRD=MCH (You could make an argument to have SMN dropping into DRG/NIN tier by giving it some DPS utility but that is more aimed at rework territory imo). This wouldn't affect those playing non raid content and wouldn't break any of the jobs.
    The last thing PLD needs is another patronizing DPS increase. There are major flaws with the entire kit when put up against WAR and DRK, and single-target DPS is not one of the ones in need of remediation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tbh all they need for PLD to be awesome is to take a page out of it's base class..... and instead of using a sword and shield pull out a 2nd sword and dual wield Raubahn Old School style on offensive stance :D

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I was under the impression that people don't want PLD because it can't put out anywhere near the same DPS as DRK or WAR. I've never seen a PLD have problems with mitigation, just with dps. Then again, I don't raid so all I got is anecdotal evidence and heresay.
    Also, shit's up yo.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Silenka, I used to live next to you in Lavender beds! I was up near the waterfall but a place came up near the FC house in the Mist so I moved.

Looks like the chair mount is 750k MGP according to Reddit dat miners. I look forward to seeing at least one lala in my FC charging round the FC yard on it shortly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, that was fast yo

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The last thing PLD needs is another patronizing DPS increase. There are major flaws with the entire kit when put up against WAR and DRK, and single-target DPS is not one of the ones in need of remediation.
    Never said that wasn't the case, and the rework can be done in 4.0. For the short term, a DPS increase would help its viability.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I was under the impression that people don't want PLD because it can't put out anywhere near the same DPS as DRK or WAR. I've never seen a PLD have problems with mitigation, just with dps. Then again, I don't raid so all I got is anecdotal evidence and heresay.
    Also, shit's up yo.
    It's worse than WAR at burst mitigation (outside of situations where Sheltron is usable which are few and far between) and arguably worse at general mitigation than WAR under most circumstances, its crowd control is basically non-existent, it blows ass at enmity generation compared to WAR and DRK, it has several skills that are just objectively inferior versions or WAR and DRK skills (Equilibrium/Clemency, Reprisal/Shield Swipe), it has the clunkiest/most uninspired stance mechanics of the three tanks, and its cross-class options suck compared to WAR and DRK. WAR and DRK get Provoke for free which means they basically each get an extra specialized skill over PLD.

In terms of DPS, PLD is probably actually capable of the most single-target DPS of the three. The two hurdles to overcome there are obviously A) a WAR without a PLD will do more DPS than a PLD without a WAR because of Storm's Eye, and B) PLD's DPS combo generates a pathetic amount of enmity compared to DRK and WAR DPS combos, so if your DPS aren't God-awful you're having to use a lot of otherwise useless Halone combos.

PLD has a lot of issues, almost none of which would be mitigated by another token Potency buff.

Edit: I personally am just sick of the band-aid fixes that attempt to obfuscate the issues with PLD. I would rather they do nothing in the short-term and put real effort into making meaningful changes. The more they dick around with potencies the more likely they are to end up "having" to buff WAR and DRK potencies to match. That or they get to the point where they think PLD does too much damage to justify un-fucking the rest of its tool kit because they're terrified of making it too good despite WAR already existing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Provoke is GLA22(and PLD requires GLA30)..and WAR an DRK still need to level GLA to get it anyway, so I don't understand what you're trying to say about DRK and WAR having a free provoke. Unless I missed something.

PLD to me, looks intensely boring to play.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Silenka, I used to live next to you in Lavender beds! I was up near the waterfall but a place came up near the FC house in the Mist so I moved.
    :O
    I think I was vaguely aware of that, I know you're on Siren at least, but we don't really run into each other much...
    I just re-did my ugly yard too, now my erudite neighbor can't gawk at it :<

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It's worse than WAR at burst mitigation (outside of situations where Sheltron is usable which are few and far between) and arguably worse at general mitigation than WAR under most circumstances, its crowd control is basically non-existent, it blows ass at enmity generation compared to WAR and DRK, it has several skills that are just objectively inferior versions or WAR and DRK skills (Equilibrium/Clemency, Reprisal/Shield Swipe), it has the clunkiest/most uninspired stance mechanics of the three tanks, and its cross-class options suck compared to WAR and DRK. WAR and DRK get Provoke for free which means they basically each get an extra specialized skill over PLD.

In terms of DPS, PLD is probably actually capable of the most single-target DPS of the three. The two hurdles to overcome there are obviously A) a WAR without a PLD will do more DPS than a PLD without a WAR because of Storm's Eye, and B) PLD's DPS combo generates a pathetic amount of enmity compared to DRK and WAR DPS combos, so if your DPS aren't God-awful you're having to use a lot of otherwise useless Halone combos.

PLD has a lot of issues, almost none of which would be mitigated by another token Potency buff.

Edit: I personally am just sick of the band-aid fixes that attempt to obfuscate the issues with PLD. I would rather they do nothing in the short-term and put real effort into making meaningful changes. The more they dick around with potencies the more likely they are to end up "having" to buff WAR and DRK potencies to match. That or they get to the point where they think PLD does too much damage to justify un-fucking the rest of its tool kit because they're terrified of making it too good despite WAR already existing.

I don't agree with the agro portion. Running PLD/WAR we run into more problems with PLDs extra enmity while OT due to Savage blade. DRK and WAR can both DPS without a single enmity multiplying ability which is just another reason its the best combo.

The rest I agree with. PLDs single target DPS is extremely close to DRKs. PLDs down fall is useless abilities and horrible AoE DPS.

I ran PLD for fun after getting my i275 blade and actually beat a couple of my DRK parses. Single target DPS is not the problem just like you said.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Provoke is GLA22(and PLD requires GLA30)..and WAR an DRK still need to level GLA to get it anyway, so I don't understand what you're trying to say about DRK and WAR having a free provoke. Unless I missed something.

PLD to me, looks intensely boring to play.

WAR and DRK get a useful extra ability at lvl 22 (or whatever) and get to slot Provoke into their cross class abilities.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    New relics are pretty cool. They're a bit more plain than usual which is nice for me since the super gaudy style they usually take with weapons in XIV turns me off.
    wtf are you talking about bro

Other than NIN and WAR (who got shafted), all of these relics are OVER THE TOP crazy with glow effects and such. BRD, in particular, is insane.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like how it gives a little bit of normalcy while providing a cool glowy effect. Even the books are pretty sweet.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bard is just terrible lol. I like scholar's the most.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Bard is just terrible lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

PLD sword, MCH, BRD, AST are all pretty boss.

Garo MNK fists are the MVP of the patch though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is that really it for the Warring Triad? Talk about underwhelming lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    wtf are you talking about bro

Other than NIN and WAR (who got shafted), all of these relics are OVER THE TOP crazy with glow effects and such. BRD, in particular, is insane.
    glow info wasn't available when i made that post

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

reposting this from reddit because I haven't seen it shared here yet, credit to Windalfr

http://imgur.com/gallery/EpxNZ

BRD relic does look pretty plain until you take out the GIANT GOLDEN ARROW MADE OF SEX. MCH is hot too, as is SCH. those are my three favorites anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast