BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Petra?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also following up on that spoiler... this isn't a story spoiler, but more of a generic "hey btw" regarding the dark seals, that could be interpreted as a spoiler...

Spoiler: show
    Those three fights are the only opportunities you have to get the dark seal. Really fucking lame. Need to unlock dark mage on someone to be able to unlock dark bishop, so you effectively can only get one... assuming you get at least 2 of those seals. I only got one. I was going to kill the 2nd one, but I was playing after having just woken up, my Lys was going to one shot him... but I thought, nah wait, let's kill that other unit for some EXP...... then it hit me, FUCK, the condition was to kill the boss OR clear every other enemy.... :<

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Also, re:spoiler, don't forget thieves can steal.
    I'll be honest, I keep forgetting that. I use thieves for their evasion/speed to help land 2 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    False.

B support will generally require around D skill.

And you can't recruit after the mid point (ch 12 -- aka 1 year)

(There's apparently two or three specific characters you can recruit on the second half regardless of what happened on the first half... But idk who or how, story related.)

For me it started as a slow drip (characters I focused on), then the general floodgates opened, then a slow drip for the last few as they required skills I had to get through other professors (armor, mounting...)
    You defintely don't need at least D skill. I was E skill in flying(had 0 exp in flying) and was able to recruit ingrid as soon as I hit B support, same for sylvain I was E+ in reason and he joined as soon as I hit B. Also once per month if you have a B support with someone not on your roster, they will ask to join you on a random day. It could be there are some recruits that this doesn't work on, but I haven't found any yet.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was unable to recruit Bernadette at B support with E+ bow. Had to reach D. On same thread I reported that on serenes forest, a few reports:

Test 4e: Hilda: 20 Cha, D+ Axe, B support = rather interested

Test 1: Raphael - 74 strength, B support, E Heavy Armor: No luck

That's weird, maybe it's cause I have really high Charm? I got Hilda with just C support and at most D(I think it might be lower) in axes. I had like 28 cha or something really early and was able to get everyone I B supported instantly. I just double checked and my Flying skill is still E. Also when I recuited Ingrid she went from not interested at C support to instantly joining me at B. There must be something else that goes into recruiting characters, cause browsing around on Serene's some of the things in the recruitment thread directly contradict my experience when recruiting.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It's an unknown mix of things...

Getting B support is definitely the biggest bang for your buck, and towards the later chapters with your stat levels, that may be enough to completely disregard skill level, but it's not the "instant ez" answer.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

this game is fucking awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Don't know if it was tied to professor level or story progression, but THANK YOU SEIROS, OUR LADY AND SAVIOR for allowing me to run TWO battles now instead of just one.

A pox upon the developer who thought that quests requiring to fight in "X" only complete when fighting in the quest instance of "X" zone and not the normal instance of "X" zone was a great idea.

"Go here to do the quest. Not here, here!" - Phil Ken Sebben

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Pretty sure it's tied to Professor level

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    this game is fucking awesome.
    yehh finally grabbed it after the endless buzz and on account of my deep abiding love for the tactical-strategic interplay of games like FFT and XCOM 2 and damn

it's a little weeby for my tastes but it is a hell of a game

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So, if you wanna grind the shit out of Professor points, definitely save up all your fishing tackle for the "Fistfuls of Fish" day on the calendar. You get multiple fish per line and the points count per fish caught. Used maybe 60 lures of varying star ranks and got almost 6k prof. points. And if you get a golden fish symbol, you get multiple silver/gold/platinum fish. So, easy money too

Would've gotten more but I spent a bunch of lures trying to rank up to B rank the month before. If I would've saved em all, I probably would've been able to get from Rank B to Rank A in a single day.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

do lures/bait become buyable or easily obtainable at any point? i'm at part 1/ch 5 and it seems to be extremely scarce so far.

BG Level

There's a quest at some point to clear bandits out. After that's completed you unlock 2 merchants that sell teas, gifts, fishing bait, etc

Also finished part 1 for Blue Lions...

Spoiler: show
    Dimitri is absolutely insane

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Has there been any testing on how gifting works?

First item of day only counts? Diminishing returns for each donation? Day cap on earned rank? Or can you just donate to someone until their support is ready to go up?

In Ch. 9 and realized Byleth is woefully underleveled for skills (seriously, how do you balance anything regarding Heavy Armor, Flying, or Riding?) and ive only recruited 3 outside students - Ashe, Marianne, Leonie.

My Byleth only has Sword and Authority above C, with Axe and Spear languishing at D+.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Has there been any testing on how gifting works?

First item of day only counts? Diminishing returns for each donation? Day cap on earned rank? Or can you just donate to someone until their support is ready to go up?

In Ch. 9 and realized Byleth is woefully underleveled for skills (seriously, how do you balance anything regarding Heavy Armor, Flying, or Riding?) and ive only recruited 3 outside students - Ashe, Marianne, Leonie.

My Byleth only has Sword and Authority above C, with Axe and Spear languishing at D+.
    Around chapter 9 is when I started to use two turns at the school to boost a prof. skill from another teacher. I'd say if you wanna focus on one of the harder to learn skills like flying or riding, you should put the renown into that goddess statue to help out a little. Boosting armor would probably be the hardest since all those classes have such shit moving range. And fwiw after the timeskip my gauntlet skill was barely up to A. I pretty much used Byleth to kill everything and as soon as you get that accessory that boosts skill ups you can equip that to help a little. You definitely have to chisel away at it

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So apparently the b support thing is that once you reach B, they start randomly asking to join you throughout the month on random days (which you can save scum,) not that you're able to recruit directly. So just feed everyone gifts.

I know Felix can't reach B support in the first half while recruiting is available, there may be others?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Flayn is too pure a cinnamon roll for this world.

BG Level

Damn it, Flayn!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast