BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    maybe camilla got a multiplier? Happens when one is far behind

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Guess I'm just not a fan of votes getting a point boost in a popularity contest, so whatever, I'm on this topic for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think a change for the multiplier needs to happen. Having it reach its peak in the middle of the round and then slowly recede near the end still gives lagging teams a chance to win without stealing a victory at the very last second.

Lyn lost because her supporters were too supportive. That shouldn't happen.

In other news, got a -hp + Def Linde from the free Threaten Def banner today. Going to hold off on building her though in the event Micaiah is a blue mage on the upcoming Tellius banner(s).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hi friends.

Just started, and doing the reroll thing.

Right now there's a thing where I can pick Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and I think Roy for free. Lyn's the best choice there, no?

Who else should I be content with as a 5-star on initial pull?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Lyn's the best choice just because there's so much in the grey pool that you'd have a harder time pulling her.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank you!

Should I continue pulling from the same banner with my first 20 stones, or another?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'd re-roll on that banner and try to get Ike (the Axe version), then take Lyn for free. All four of those units are very good but Brave Ike is a monster and Lyn is a pain in the ass to pull because of her color.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks. Ended up with two Tharjas and a Julia in addition to Lyn. Hear Julia's pretty good -- should I keep her, or continue to GATCHA FOR MY FRIENDS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Julia is a very bulky mage tank, and a good counter to blue mages like Reinhardt.

Tharja is one of the trio of bladetome mage users (Tharja, Nino, and Odin) whose stat buffs are added to their attack stat. They're very potent with support and skill inheritence, but with the current banners out very outclassed for just their base kits.

Losing Julia is a tough one, but that green Ike is worth rerolling for.

And just for the difference between pulled units and gifted units: gifted units will always be stat neutral with no Boon or bane stats (like pokemon IV's). Drawn units can be neutral, but will mostly have 1 stat increased and 1 decreased.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks Kirin. I'll reroll.

Edit: Ok, I know you said keep rerolling for Ike, but..

Picked Lyn with the free hero.

Did another few 'free rolls' and without using any orbs, I've snagged banner Roy and Ninian.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hector on 2 banners.
    Ephraim on 2 banners.

Got a 2nd Roderick from free pull on the Bound Hero Battle banner. May give my Eirika one of the Rally Def/Res abilities now, because if Nephenee can be a competent Firesweep Lance user I now have a disposable one.

As for the E+E BHB, if you have Xander then position yourself from the immediate right of the enemy clump on the left side of the screen instead of approaching from the southeast. Xander can tank the hits from the green mage and the thief (and kill them on the counter) as long as you have someone able to take out the blue mage on turn 1. The red cavalry will be out of range and then you can pick him off and kite E+E around the wall since neither has a ranged counter.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Got a +ATK -DEF Hector while chasing Ike. Dunno who I'm gonna feed him to or if I should just merge him into my +ATK -SPD Hector.

Edit: And I got Brave Ike two green orbs later, +ATK -HP. Hell yes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

See, I'm hard pressed on Hector. I have no problems chasing greens on Hector banner if its confirmed Nephenee is a TT reward. But if shes on a banner with a likely Micaiah then that deserves all my orbs.

Hector always shows up when I can't chase him and leaves when I can. Sigh.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

That one marks my third Hector, but my first one off-banner. The first two I got were from the Hero Fest banner and the first was +ATK -SPD and the other was something dumb like +RES -DEF. I've been sitting on the extra unsure of what to do with the free Distant Counter, and now I've got another one lol. Tempted to merge them but it just feels like a waste of skills. I think I'm gonna feed one to Zephiel.

Edit: I also got a Brave Lyn chasing Ike on a session with no green orbs but her IVs were meh (-RES, I forget what her boon was, DEF I think). I'm half tempted to use my freebie on Roy to finish the set but neutral Lyn would be better than the one I have and I already have a glut of good red units (Ike, Xander, Thar'ja and Lucina chief among them).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, the rest of my pulls were meh, but I did get Brave Ike.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    And just for the difference between pulled units and gifted units: gifted units will always be stat neutral with no Boon or bane stats (like pokemon IV's). Drawn units can be neutral, but will mostly have 1 stat increased and 1 decreased.
    You mean like pokemon natures, not IVs. IVs can range to all crap to all perfect, there's no neutral or +one stat and -another one.

Halfway through the banner, I'm still without a CYL unit. My free one is still waiting, but in the mean time, I'll optimize orb usage by puling for green+colorless. I'm fully expecting to not pull Ike or Lyn by the end of the banner, and/or get my streak broken by a 5* Sakura or some shit like that, so if I end up getting what I want I'll be really happy.

Got a Ninian in the free pull from the mini-TT banner, though, so I now own all 3 dancers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    That one marks my third Hector, but my first one off-banner. The first two I got were from the Hero Fest banner and the first was +ATK -SPD and the other was something dumb like +RES -DEF. I've been sitting on the extra unsure of what to do with the free Distant Counter, and now I've got another one lol. Tempted to merge them but it just feels like a waste of skills. I think I'm gonna feed one to Zephiel.
    Can put distant counter on Green Ike and flip off reinhardt users.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Steady Breath is way more valuable for Brave Ike (from this point on, known as Bike) than Distant Counter in my opinion. Reinhardt has to put himself in Ike's range to attack, even with full Cavalry buffs he can't kill Ike, and Ike will murder him dead on the player phase. But with Steady Breath and Ignis/Bonfire he'll obliterate on his retaliation basically any melee unit that tries to hit him, including pretty much every sword user. With his basic kit plus Ignis the only things that can really threaten him are red tome users and some buffed green tome users. Distant Counter kind of works against a lot of his strengths.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

And I just got a +RES -SPD Ephraim from my free pull on the E&E banner. His IVs are meh but still. I think the game has made it up to me for the horrid luck on the Nohriam Summer banner.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In talking to myself, I said "Self, Nephenee isn't a TT reward (yet). We're going to get 42 orbs from TT for possible Nephenee/Micaiah banner. We don't know when Hector is back. Spend 20-30 orbs and see if you cant nab him."

"Self, that sounds like a thoughtful and rational idea. Let's do it!".

Oh, self....self self self self self.

Spoiler: show

5 orbs spent.
    -HP, + Atk.

So this is where my FFRK luck went.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

While Hector is nice, he gets trashed in the current Arena Meta

Current Meta consists of: Brave Lyn, with her standart kit, which lets Hector not counter at all or any other melee user, or Brave Lyn with Firesweep Bow and Cancel Affinity on the B Slot makeing her basicly a superb killing machine with almost no counter unless you touch her first, which is unlikely giving her range...
    And then there is Reinhardt you can kill Hector with the correct IVs and Build. Hector is really fucked. I run a Brave Ike, (standart kit or Distant counter with Infantery Pulse on C Slot and Aithir or Bonfire as a special), Sonya, Firesweep Lance Tana and a Ninian with Infantery Pulse, WoM, Triangle Adept, Lightning Breath +. No Red unit and Hector still gets trashed by either Sonya or my Firesweep Lance Tana or a combination of both, or i just let Brave Ike stand there and counter him with Bonfire. Imho Hector has sucumbed for me into a Distant Counter Feeding Machine and nothing else. Armor Units are just shit unless you run Armor Emblem