Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The difference between the games (ffrk and feh) is in ffrk we know what's coming next and can plan accordingly- even in JP they have a sneak peak before the banners drop. Here every two weeks is a mystery of what we're getting, the only certainty is a hero fest banner every three months.

I'm not salty but this feels like a pay to play TT where every bonus unit is on a fresh banner (excluding Arvis).

That said Ayra is a permanent unit, so it's not that bad.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah this TT specifically is gonna be kinda ass because none of the 40% bonus units will have been in the game longer than a week, which is a first for TT. Also two red armors from TT in a row is a bit meh but Arden is going to be the best one so far so it's not completely terrible. Zephiel seems to get worse by the day though, lol.

Edit: I expected Arvis to be a 20% bonus in TT but it never occurred to me he could be a 40% unit and Tailtia or whatever her damn name is could be demoted to 20%. Seems unlikely they'd demote a banner unit like that though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbles View Post
    The difference between the games (ffrk and feh) is in ffrk we know what's coming next and can plan accordingly- even in JP they have a sneak peak before the banners drop. Here every two weeks is a mystery of what we're getting, the only certainty is a hero fest banner every three months.

I'm not salty but this feels like a pay to play TT where every bonus unit is on a fresh banner (excluding Arvis).

That said Ayra is a permanent unit, so it's not that bad.
    While true, that could easily be fixed by starting to time Feh Channel updates to be done at the start of every month or provide those update calendar images and leave some events blank for the surprise factor.

I don't want to be told 100% of whats coming either, I want there to be a little surprise here and there. Were at the 9 month mark with FEH, and theres bound to be some growing pains as IS works out that fine line between revenue and fan appreciation during that process. It's honestly been hardline fan appreciation for the past 3 months, I don't blame them for wanting to see how something like this affects revenue.

The level of salt right now sounds equivalent to the Ramza debacle on the first FFRK Tactics banner, but in reality this is honestly more akin to the changes on the recent FFRK festival banners over JP. I feel like equal people gained and lost something here; this is fixed with some simple foresight from IS to anticipate this next time and for the fanbase to CTFO at not always getting free 5* units and more orbs than they can pull with.

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I liked that update they gave back in July or August? where they showed us everything planned for that month. Hopefully they do bring that back, and don't leave us in a completely guessing. But regardless, i don't whale this game and don't plan to, so I'm not apart of their targeted demographic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's like 0 reason to whale this game unless you're obsessed with +10ing units for arena battle or something pointless like that. 90% of the content can be cleared with free 4 star units and a lot of people post strats on youtube with said units.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I, for one, has not given these scumbags a single cent. However, I've fought some op units that absolutely destroy mine lol.

Party/Map size is more or less still the biggest reason why I don't take this more seriously. Sure, they've tried to work around that with encounters that let you set up multiple parties, but something like 2 4-man parties is different than having 8 characters on the field at once. Also doesn't really help that enemies break party size rules, some maps having 6 on the screen at a time, that I've found.

Simple and aged as it may be, I just find myself preferring Shining Force if thinking TRPG.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Got a +ATK -DEF Ayra. +ATK is nice but -DEF isn't necessarily ideal, but I don't really want to push my luck trying for another one. Especially not when I still don't have Deirdre or Sigurd.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So my insane luck continues I've pulled Arya deidre and the male green dancer unit this week... I really need to grind them to 40

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

4 blues 1 red on free summon.

+Atk -Def Hinoka and a Selena for SI.

Not bad for 20 orbs.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

Got an +atk +spd Ayra.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    There's like 0 reason to whale this game unless you're obsessed with +10ing units for arena battle or something pointless like that. 90% of the content can be cleared with free 4 star units and a lot of people post strats on youtube with said units.
    I think the only ppl who'd want to whale on this game is to get waifu variants.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Got an +atk +spd Ayra.
    Can't be both. If you're looking at Gamepress their stat charts are just flat base stats. They don't include weapon MT for ATK and in Ayra's case they also don't include the +3 SPD her weapon gives her natively.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

Ah ok. If I'm looking at this right, she's: +atk and -res

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

That's definitely one of the best combos you can get, her RES sucks already so losing 3 points doesn't matter.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

A month to funnel all my orbs towards getting Nowi.
    Also, armored mage and archer....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Sadly my Ayra is +Hp and -Spd, FML.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This is why I don't like pulling for seasonal units. The fact that they're adding armored mages and archers mean they'll come eventually.

Just wish we would get costumed units other than Awakening/Fates.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Pretty appropriate for Henry to be the first armored mage (although it probably should have been Arvis) given his normal stats.

I like to pull for seasonal units because you never know if/when they'll come back.

Also Nowi has Hone Fliers so I need her for Flier Emblemmmmmm.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    This is why I don't like pulling for seasonal units. The fact that they're adding armored mages and archers mean they'll come eventually.

Just wish we would get costumed units other than Awakening/Fates.
    they arent comeing really. The Flyer Tome users were are seasonal/special units and never returned on a banner yet and cant be pulled after their banner was over. 6 Months after Bunny Camilla and we havent seen a regular Tome Flyer user yet. Dont fool yourself IS is gonna introduce now the Armor Tome units as seasonal units.