The 4* -> 5* material cost could use some fine tuning

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Questions:

1) How is this game?
    2) When you get a crap pull, does it play a clip of Ike going "You'll get no sympathy from me"?
    1) good , its Fire emblem a little toned down but no perma death, lots of classes / npcs , 5*'s are pretty OP, its everything i need on the toilet lol
    2) no but lyn or someone in my main team apologizes like ever 5th time i start a stage i view it like "sorry for the incoming anal pounding kthxbai"

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One gripe I have is how painfully lacking the story is. Its like FFRK in terms of its own story, meaning you exist outside of the games you are "diving" into, and it has its own backstory as to why you are able to do this and why you can summon Hero's from those realms... but outside the opening explanation, well, again, its a lot like FFRK lol... ts not supplemented with the nostalgia of reliving story bosses and such like in FFRK, it's its own little story and you visit those past games worlds, but in the capacity of the Heroes storyline... but the story boils down to like... 2 text boxes on stage one and a text box on the last stage of each chapter...

Maybe it'll get more interesting but its like... I'm sure the entire story we have across the nine chapters is probably less words than this post.

Hopefully this is just a early release thing and they actually give it more story..? I mean, I'll take a halfway between RK and BE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Spent the whole day to reroll. This is probably the best roll I can get.

I feel like the 4 unit limit is eventually going to curb my interest. Overall, the game is a bit on the difficult side because of this, similar to RK's ability limit. The most effective parties generally seem to entail baiting enemies to your location and hoping you can one shot them. Melee suffer handily in this regard since they don't really get higher move stats, either. Attacking through walls is probably something that shouldn't be happening, either.

Shining Force was my first TRPG and this ultimately feels like a stripped down version despite the 20-some year gap. Playing the JP game God Alchemist Kamidori (warning, dere be pr0n) recently also highlights how stripped down the combat is. I realize some of it is to be mobile friendly and no fight realistically taking more than 5 minutes, but I do feel like there was some weight to the earlier mentioned games with some fights being 15m or more. And that can only really happen when managing 8+ units and mobs potentially outnumbering that 2 or 3 fold.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Iku View Post

Spent the whole day to reroll. This is probably the best roll I can get.
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you sir. Takumi and Lyn are so good. I haven't seen Jakob yet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you sir. Takumi and Lyn are so good. I haven't seen Jakob yet.
    Here is my ID: 0910013365

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what do friends do in this game..?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Got 5* Lucina and 4* Cherche, so I think I'm done re-rolling.

Edit: No clue but my friend code is 2558707614

Edit: Also if you go to your My Nintendo account thing you can get 10 free orbs for linking it to the game.

Greeting from the little stone thing in the lobby gave me some feathers, but other than that, fuck if I know atm.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

So collected the 10 orbs from the my Nintendo thing and went to my "office" with my phone and decided to cash in since that rounded me to 20 orbs. Hana 4*. Meh. Tapped the other red orb and sat my phone down for a second while it summoned. Cutscene. Ohhh... oooohhhhhhh!!!

Spoiler: show

thank you obsidian

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Ooh, very nice.

Also, before people spend too many orbs on gachas it's probably worth upgrading your castle all the way first. Costs 30 orbs total and doubles your EXP.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Greeting from the little stone thing in the lobby gave me some feathers, but other than that, fuck if I know atm.
    Best way to get them I've seen is the PVP aspect (Its PVP like FFBE, fight AI controlled versions of peoples teams), it works in "Seasons", IDK how long they are, but ranking in those can give up to 1,200 Feathers? and its based on your score, not vs other players from what I see.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

After seeing how much effort is needed to promote someone to 5*, I am mad jelly of you bastards.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Dump of pretty much every asset in the game, including all character artwork:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemH...ction_all_art/

Fair warning, I think there's art for some yet-to-be released characters so if you just loathe spoilers, you've been warned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Still rerolling. Best I've gotten so far is 1 Lyn and a 4* Robin. If I get Lyn again I'll stop I think.

Is there a way to back out of the summon screen to reset the stone color choices? I think the rng on top of the gacha rng is the big issue right now. Otherwise I think the game is pretty fair.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Where do the feathers come from? Are they just from the arena?

First day actually playing. Rerolled a few times and stopped at 5* Nowi and 5* Roy. Got a 4* Corrin as well. Everything has been fairly simple so far other than the arena battles. Those are harder, but that exp is pretty good.

Upgraded my castle before doing another summoning. Need 3 orbs to max it out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Dump of pretty much every asset in the game, including all character artwork:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemH...ction_all_art/

Fair warning, I think there's art for some yet-to-be released characters so if you just loathe spoilers, you've been warned.
    Needs moar Ike, Volke, and Zihark.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    [...] Is there a way to back out of the summon screen to reset the stone color choices? [...]
    In a way the "gacha rng" on top of the gacha is actually KINDA nice.No there's no way to back out of it, but sometimes I pull open a list of blue blue blue green green and I'm aiming for either uncolored or red. I know for a fact I don't need any more of the blue or green so I'll just spend the 5 orbs and back out and wait for myself to reacquire 5 orbs.

The reason why it's KINDA nice is you can somewhat control your destiny on your pulls. If you're hurting for a specific type of unit you can aim for it with the pulls or know that you should back out. Also knowing what banner you're on and what units are the 5* speshul units that are being boosted is helpful to aim for that specific color. While spending all 5 for the 1 freebie is the most cost effective, I don't really want some of the colors atm so unless I spend 4/5 I'm probably not doing 5/5. I'll usually back out @ 3/5 or less pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Where do the feathers come from? Are they just from the arena?
    1. Sending units home (aka, releasing them back into the wild).
    2. Occasionally you can get them from redoing missions (supposedly, I'll come back and re-edit this later to confirm, I haven't been "redoing missions" and I know for a fact the training tower isn't providing any).
    3. Arena Rewards: score of 3,000+ is your goal I believe. (BTW make sure that your best defensive party is in your FIRST team slot for defense as you DO get points whenever someone does attack you, so... yeah)
    4. Daily Greetings to your friends and talking to your <3 <3 <3 units on the main screen. *coughcough* add me fuckers: 8935441471

[...] stopped at 5* Nowi and 5* Roy. Got a 4* Corrin as well. Everything has been fairly simple so far other than the arena battles. Those are harder, but that exp is pretty good[...]
    Any 5* you get is such a relief, I am thrilled that I am lucky enough to have 4 5*. Which Corrin did you get? M!Corrin or F!Corrin? I have 4* F!Corrin myself. :>

Upgraded my castle before doing another summoning. Need 3 orbs to max it out.
    I can't explain to anyone how important it is to do this ASAP to other people.

Random dump of information:
    Through to the 20th (ending 21st)
    Training Tower Stamina is cut in 1/2 <- I'd invest a lot in doing this tbh.
    Stamina to EQUIP SKILLS cost is 0 <- This doesn't apply to Learn + Equipping

Fusing Units
    Fusing a lower * rating same unit to a higher * rating same unit = only receiving extra SP
    Fusing same * rating same unit = receives stat boosts
    Raising a * rating (IE: 4*->5*) after you have fused stats you will lose the bonus stats from the fusion (so basically don't fuse until 5*, yeowch)

For those of you doing story mode if you find yourself running into a brick wall of difficulty, raise the difficulty to the next tier and go back to the first chapter, I wasn't able to clear 8-1 immediately so I went back to 1-1 on Hard and worked my way up until it became just as hard and swapped back to Normal.

Got rekt in PvP by someone with a Takumi unit, I think. Basically an archer that also had melee capability, doing pretty much 25+ to anyone. Goodbye chain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast