+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I tried going after Robin...gave up after 15 orbs getting 5x red twice and a green + 4 blues once.

Nah. Tharja can nuke him as a counter easily enough. Really need some desperation fodder for finishing my flyer emblem team.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Second summon and got a middle of the road Robin lol.

Edit: Are the other guys worth the orbs??

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't think Celica does anything special as a sword unit. The pool is already wildly inflated and a lot of 4*'s do what she does better. Missed opportunity to make her a sword unit that checked against the opponents Res. Likely demoted to 4* pool afterwards too.

Hardin is an Armored Camus with some BST creep. If his weapon wasn't DC, his Brazen skill would be stupid broken on someone like Sheena. 43/40 neutral defensive stats is crazy. Might be worth using if don't have a blue armored unit yet.

Robin's role as a green dragon is outclassed by Fae, honestly. His role as an armored green unit competes with both Hectors and Amelia. He's nasty as another option against oppressive threats like Bow Lynn and other archers due to his weapon, but so is A!Tiki and Raven users. Fun unit to get, but not team changing. Red mages won't rip him up, but he won't survive a hit after the fact and won't be doubling any decent red mage either without skill assist. I don't think he can take out a standard normal Tharja in one hit either without a special charged.

Takumi I have a feeling may be generous Close Counter fodder from IS. That alone may make him the best of the bunch.

Real missed opportunity to not have Emmeryn or Ninian be a part of this banner, or Female Robin.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Hardin is worth pulling for Bold Fighter alone. I'm praying he gets demoted to 4* after the banner ends.

Fallen Robin (Fobin) has stiff competition as a green Dragon on a Dragon team, but he's a very very strong option on Armored teams because his weapon is just a flat-out better Lightning Breath+. Where he has the advantage over Hector is that A) His weapon targets the weaker of DEF/RES at range, and B) his Vengeful Fighter skill is just better than Hector's Armads in every way. If he weren't a green unit he'd be completely broken, but because he's green he's vulnerable to Falchion users (Alm particularly). He also has the single highest unbuffed ATK stat in the game at 60 with a +ATK nature. Give him Draconic Aura or Bonfire and anyone who can't ORKO him will get murdered.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Free VIke today was nice. Threw 40 orbs at the banner and got nada. Not nice! Up to 9% rate now lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got stupid lucky sniping blues.

Free roll popped no blues, so pulled colorless. PA!Olivia (+Atk - HP)
    2nd attempt got 2 blues, nothing of note.
    3rd attempt got 1 blue, Shiro. (+Atk - Res)
    4th attempt was the final go. 2 blues. L!Ephraim (+Res - Spd)

Shiro is likely to be foddered off, because my Nephenee is already pretty boss at 43/30 defensive stats. Olivia is probably going to inherit a Poison Dagger from my +HP - Spd Kagero I was going to build, and I can't decide if I want to do Ephraim as a weaker Galeforce user or get crafty and abuse his weapon with something like a Shove assist skill.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Been enjoying the new systems they added, the Blessed gardens and Rival domains, it made want to develop more team varieties than the 1-2 I would normally used to clear most content. I'm just stuck on how I should gear my +Atk -Def Vday Lyn to pair with my +Res -Spd xmas Tharja. I know armor boots would best for C slot, but with her having 23 def with the bane, I'm hesitant to add Close counter to her A slot, maybe Bold fighter would help her survive but not really sure, any thoughts?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Rival Domains is aggravating as hell.

Without abusing WoM/Galeforce cheese, I am finding it nearly impossible to rank score.

Any one of these I feel will balance it out:
    Enemies cannot attack after using warp
    Enemy respawn is limited to 2-3 units
    Enemies respawn at the end of their turn
    Allies respawn at the start of yours
    Enemy respawns are not random

There is no reason to be punished by taking and fortifying an enemy camp only to be rushed by 5-6 reinforcements ASAP.

I absolutely love the format, and maybe it is just this first map that is terrible, but it is so unbalanced toward the computer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post

Without abusing WoM/Galeforce cheese, I am finding it nearly impossible to rank score.

There is no reason to be punished by taking and fortifying an enemy camp only to be rushed by 5-6 reinforcements ASAP.

I absolutely love the format, and maybe it is just this first map that is terrible, but it is so unbalanced toward the computer.
    It def took me a few tries to beat the Infernal setting and won with a score of 1480/1400. It does seem to be centered towards the PC than player units, but I guess it all depends on the units you and your friends have that really tip the balance. Most of my own units are melee/bow/dagger player phase units, had to put in some friends units that have more magic/flying/horse units to pick off some of more squishy npc units.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What in this game isn't unfairly balanced towards the comp for infernal?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I find that stacking the center early with DC units with decent mixed defenses works very well. Make sure you put your dancer to good use too, and have a physic+ healer there as well. Enemy units that want to cross the river or attack from the other side are dealt with a combination of ranged defensive mages and tankish units (for the fliers). Sure, I had the invaluable help of a +10 Fae form someone in my FL, but I still got it on the first try on infernal with a score of 1880 (all categories S rank).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nabbed a -Atk +Res Hector in 4 orbs on free pull.

Who to fodder to...-Def +Res Ayra, +Atk -Def Myrrh, or someone else?

Leaning toward Ayra simply because my Dragon Emblem already has a lot of DC units, and placing it on my Nephenee wall would negate her Fury/Wrath/Aether synergy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Nabbed a -Atk +Res Hector in 4 orbs on free pull.

Who to fodder to...-Def +Res Ayra, +Atk -Def Myrrh, or someone else?

Leaning toward Ayra simply because my Dragon Emblem already has a lot of DC units, and placing it on my Nephenee wall would negate her Fury/Wrath/Aether synergy.
    Honestly, I wouldn't use it on either of those two, Ayra has 24 Res without buffs with the boon, so good chance she isn't surviving a magic round unless she has vantage. The weapon base Myrrh has is based on her having more def than the person she is fighting so with def bane she sits at 32 def, which isn't terrible but not when paired with that weapon. I feel for you since I also have a shitty version of both of those, -Spd +Atk Ayra and -Def +Res Myrrh so they are both kinda useless to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, my other option I have in mind is to put it on Effie along with a Berkut's Lance. Would make her pretty bulky, and round out an armor team with BK, Hector/Amelia, and Effie as a core.

But she would lose that heavy offensive presence with DB and Brave Lance.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

A pretty good candidate for DC is Sheena. Mixed bulk Armors are a pain in the ass to deal with.

The realm stuff gives me hope that maybe one day story fights and the like will have bigger maps/parties, but for now I'm not really a fan of the 10 turn limit, the base objectives, and the AI behavior. Honestly, I think part of the issue is enemy units can also pop dramatically different than one might expect of their normal drawing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It's a mix of the units having slightly inflated stats and an almost always refined weapon.

The stat boosts seem to be about half as potent as Tempest Trial boosts, but then the refined weapons just add onto that and you can get some scary bulky + offensive monsters.

I think the fairest quick fix is simply making either your units spawn at the start of your turn like the enemy, or having their replacement units spawn at the end of theirs.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Good old Ambush spawns.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I donno I didn't have too much issue with anything but infernal and I only used my own units because I totally forgot you could use friends. Took maybe 3 tries to clear infernal and I usually can't win infernal on GHB and the like. You don't have to capture the castle to win just play defensively and make sure to pair up units in groups of 4s that work well together when you're picking them. I got over 1400 just killing units/not dying too badly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Decided to dive into colorless hell for the new Kagero, to maybe try and merge my current one into this one. With 30ish orbs I managed to get one, and of course with my luck she was +HP -SPD............. hate this game and IV stats sometimes