+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It's probably not. I don't believe the banners active when the 3/4* switch occurred were affected either.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The problem with the new 4-3 rarity units is that Hinata gets more diluted. I never have enough Fury 3 fodder.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If I find myself wanting to give somebody Fury, I just ask myself, "why am I doing this instead of using Eldigan?"

More often than not I don't have a good answer.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Also, lost in all the new shit was the fact that Camus is finally returning.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

I think this means I have a new player phase red mage since I have an +Atk -Def Lilina. Now to just figure out what B skill to give, stuck between the sweep skills with phantom speed seal or something else. She gets 25 spd as is right now so shes not going to be doubling much so not sure what else to slot there.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    I think this means I have a new player phase red mage since I have an +Atk -Def Lilina. Now to just figure out what B skill to give, stuck between the sweep skills with phantom speed seal or something else. She gets 25 spd as is right now so shes not going to be doubling much so not sure what else to slot there.
    When in doubt, get a breaker. Sword breaker to absolutely destroy any sword unit, or red tome breaker to deal with red mages as well as green ones.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

While looking up those skills to see who had them. There is now a bow icon with the various colors, new unit types soon maybe?

Wouldn't put it past them to just pull bows out of colorless hell and redistribute them across the types.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The only reason I don't see them doing that (at least not for every bow) is that you'd have to account for colorless Bowbreaker now being on illegal units if colorless bows just got axed altogether (ie, turns to Green bowbreaker but is on a blue unit)

They are definitely adding colored bows but remains to be seen what will happen to old ones. I do think that making subpar ones into colors (ie, basically everyone who isn't Lyn, HJakob, and maybe Faye and certain common Brave Bows) would give them a new lease on life.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

There is really two ways they could go about it.

1. Introduce new bow colors going forward and reorganize current bow units into the color triangle - tieing the weapon to the color like swords and axes. On the plus side this may lead toward limiting certain threats (Bow Lyn) who now have to deal with weapon triangle. On the down side, it means you diminish an entire build (raventomes) which was balanced and fair - sacrificing offensive prowess for ability to handle bow users - into a beyond niche unit that can only deal with the very few colorless bow units remaining while still leaving yourself vulnerable to being eviscerated by cancel affinity.

2. Have bow units works like dragon stones. This would still reorganize bow units into the color triangle but allow, for example, a green Firesweep Bow Faye inherit the Brave Bow weapon from a blue Klein.

Option 2 seems WAY more likely, because unless IS sets it up that every bow color then has a user of every bow type AND each type has a decent chance to pull that specific bow for their color type (i.e. Guard Bow stays locked behind a 5* Green Archer but Brave Bow is on a 3/4* Klein), you get into a lot of messy issues with who already has inherited certain weapons.

Honestly, i don't see a need for bows to be split on the color triangle. Units like Lyon and M!Robin are just straight up shafted.

Thought about going green for my free summon. Olwen looks good.

Spoiler: show

-HP +Res. Not sure what to do with him, but happy to have a TT unit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Given the advent of L!Robin, I think 2 is definitely for sure.

You could probably end up splitting a lot of very same-y archer stat spreads (all the ones who try to use the same brave bow build) into different colors at least. I think one notable cool thing out of this is that we're essentially going to have physical colored tome units now (in terms of what we haven't had before). While DC units have a similar niche on enemy phase, it's neat to have that 2 range colored physical I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I did a thing...

Very happy with that thing.

She also has Bonfire and a +Def refine Slaying Lance for more physical maps.

-HP +Res base. Seal will probably be a constant DD.

Best girl deserves all the fun toys.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

I like these Grand Conquest fights, they are pretty fun but holy hell my side, Anna, is getting stomped and my profile Kagero unit been used 18 times but don't know if any of that is against my side or not sadly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dear Lord, DC Nephenee is ripping apart my backlog of Lunatic chain challenges.

Have not had luck in getting any more merges onto her, so shes still +5. Have a +HP -Def Mia and a 5* Catria to show for it though.

I needed the blue push though, was hurting for Desperation fodder. Restoring my stock of Moonbow/Luna helps too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5GmsTGD_EA
    Goodbye my saved up orbs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not that I mind these awesome new units and skills but goddamn lol...another Lyn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not unexpected. Expect the next new heroes banner to be FE7 related too for 15th anniversary.

She is essentially a owl tome green bow. DC sword users will eat her up.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Worth pulling for that combat animation alone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got pity broke on Hinoka with a Nephenee.

Sad I won't get a flying archer, but bumping Neph to +7 is okay too. I gotta learn how to save orbs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I blew 200+ going for Bownoka, got 2 Shigures, a Tana, a Kana, and fucking Mist instead. Thankfully all of that also had fairly decent IVs. +spd and +atk / -hp Shig, +spd/-res Tana, +res/-hp Kana. Shigure is also bonus for next arena rotation I guess so that's nice. Between him, Cordelia, and Tana I guess I have a lot of choices for lance fliers now.