BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Sick. Congrats!

I'm on the Lunatic quests now, but can't really do em since I'm only around level 28ish :< Need to grind. Stamina system in this game is ass.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    You have to claim it in the mynintendo thingie site. I had never done that stuff before so it took a few minutes to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, click the blue sigil icon in the quest window. Really easy to miss, honestly.
    This is a terrible system. I had no idea that sigil was even there and there is no notification. Thanks for this.

EDIT: I just added everyone in the thread I believe. OttomanRob, ID: 9310103442

I need to get a healer or ranged or something. This is my current team and reserves:

I sent some people home; mostly 2* and 3*. I also can't figure out the same units thing. I have a 5* Tiki and had a 3* and 4* as well, but couldn't do anything in that screen. Doing another pull now with the 20 orbs I have. Looking to get colorless so let's see what turns up.

EDIT2: Replaced Cherche with Camille. Pulled her on the first draw, but backed out after because I want a colorless.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Five or Six 20 orb pulls, I think five.. but not a single 5*. At this point I"m just giving up and hoping I can level up enough to get the proper badges to rank up from 4 to 5 I wish I could've rerolled, but Nox is hella laggy sometimes and I get that dumb error that has me have to uninstall.. so would have been too much trouble. Oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Man, when I was rerolling I was lucky to get 2 reds while trying to get Lyn to start.

Now that im not rerolling and using the limited stones available, all I get are 3-4 reds in a summon circle.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd be happy if anything was 5* tho I'd like Lyn or Takumi. No luck on either yet obviously. RIP.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Five or Six 20 orb pulls, I think five.. but not a single 5*. At this point I"m just giving up and hoping I can level up enough to get the proper badges to rank up from 4 to 5 I wish I could've rerolled, but Nox is hella laggy sometimes and I get that dumb error that has me have to uninstall.. so would have been too much trouble. Oh well.
    If you wanted I could try to reroll for you. I got my friend a Takumi + Lyn reroll yesterday. It's actually not that much trouble for me.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    If you wanted I could try to reroll for you. I got my friend a Takumi + Lyn reroll yesterday. It's actually not that much trouble for me.
    Yeah, but I mean at this point I'm so deep in, that if I restarted from the beginning and had to do everything over again, I'm not sure of the amount of time I'd really wanna devote. I already beat the whole story on Normal, nearly done on Hard.. and if anything I'm happy I at least have Cordelia who I'd make a 5* soonish. I think we're getting 10k free feathers due to a Retweet campaign they did so.. here's hoping I can have another couple weeks of solid PVP? Haha.

But I appreciate it. I might still take you up on the offer in any case.. we'll see! Takumi and Lyn are two I'd like, but I really do enjoy my Robin-M + Cordelia even if they aren't 5* yet.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Can anyone go a bit more in-depth into PVP? My guys are only level 21-24 or so. I tried doing the "Intermediate" opponent and they had level 30 units. My Camilla with type advantage did 0 damage where they did 11 with disadvantage or something stupid.

The only ones I seem to be able to do are the Beginners right now. Also, how often do the dueling swords refresh?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I don't know how their ranking system works because the Beginner I encountered someone with Ryoma, Hector, Takumi, M!Robin all 5* and they kicked my ass so hard I don't know if I'll ever see straight again.

Resets @ 1 AM my time I think... somewhere around there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So for the people having completed the main story on normal, do levels matter that much?

Ive got Lyn, but then a bunch of 2 and 3* meh units and can't seem to get past chapter 8 around level 20. Would leveling fix that?

Also, I have a 4* Stahl and a 3* Donnel to use. Donnel is a straight upgrade to starter Sharena who I was using as a spear unit, but I don't want to double up Stahl and Lyn.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

The difference in stats between a 4* and 5* are pretty huge on non-healer units. The more 5* you have the easier anything gets really.
    Levels helps too and picking up skills helps. If you're struggling in normal, notch up the difficulty to Hard and go back to Chapter 1-1.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So for the people having completed the main story on normal, do levels matter that much?

Ive got Lyn, but then a bunch of 2 and 3* meh units and can't seem to get past chapter 8 around level 20. Would leveling fix that?
    Yes, leveling will fix that. You should make sure you're spending the SP for skills, too. You get stat boosts and SP for each level. I'm sure there's also some kind of level penalty based on my comment above about having type advantage, but doing 0 damage with a 5* unit. I finished the main story at 21-23; having done the first 3 or 4 chapters of Hard already.

Shitty thing is now that I've done the main story, I have to go back and beat the Hard 1-5, 2-5, etc. because they don't count retroactively even though I've beaten them already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, im hitting skills and abilities for characters im using.

Got a summon board with 3 gray 1 blue and 1 red. 4* Niles and 4* Caeda. Not bad to get an archer upgrade for Virion and an anti-armor unit in Caeda.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

For the record, if you upgrade Sharena she's pretty good. The problem with those three is that they start at 2* so you have to upgrade them twice. Her 5* weapon is pretty solid though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in this game, or it's just designed to be brutal. I started with a 5* Roy and 5* Camilla, and have a 3* Clarine and 4* Falicia that I'm actively using. I've got various other 3* units, some good according to this tier list. Issue I'm running into is the difficulty of lvling past 20~ish and the sheer annoyance of AI and incoming damage. It's annoying that AI will wait out for you to enter the danger zone on many maps, forcing you into bad situations with a melee or two and a ranged target on a single unit. Auto battle seems to quickly become useless around 20ish too.

Incoming damage is just too much it seems, unless you've got type advantage. Even if you don't have type disadvantage (neutral) I've had many instances of characters just getting destroyed by a heavy physical attacker or a mage that wins on speed. Healing for 7 HP just can't save anyone from a one turn kill.

Add in that the various 3*s are kind of on the useless side until feathers don't become an issue and I feel like my options are really limited unless I get lucky on a summon. Really frustrating that exp is lost in a battle if a unit is KOed too. I know it's somewhat in homage to FE, but it makes squishy or low damage characters a nightmare to level and keep up, which just aids all too well in their further deaths. Same deal with only getting exp when you're 4 or less levels over a target. I don't mind that you're essentually encouraged to level multiple units to not waste any exp, but once there's a gap between your main units, you're quickly having to reshuffle things just to get it all back to even.

Guess I just got jaded at the game quickly. Regardless, I'll keep giving it a go. I friended everyone in the thread. I've got lvl 27 5* Camilla as lead. Anyone who hasn't posted yet can add me with 2887553045.

Early 20's feels like a shitty spot for leveling, with the mid-30's being the next hump, I've found. It's also at this point where the differences between 4 and 5* units become all the more dramatic where you figure they've probably got 5 or more in all stats in comparison and it only gets worse. Nonetheless, leveling matters, and having characters in the 30-35 range has allowed me to tackle the Hard quest requirements up until 9-5.

I still say map size and unit deployment restrictions plays a big role in things feeling difficult and at times cheap. Simply upping the party size to 6 would allow 1 of each color type, a healer, then a couple floaters of whatever you prefer. Unsurprisingly, the AI isn't beholden to this rule, either. Ranged mobs are still king, though, and I hate how horsemen can't enter forest terrain.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got this today. Now I need a better blue and I'm good for a bit.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Early 20's feels like a shitty spot for leveling, with the mid-30's being the next hump, I've found. It's also at this point where the differences between 4 and 5* units become all the more dramatic where you figure they've probably got 5 or more in all stats in comparison and it only gets worse. Nonetheless, leveling matters, and having characters in the 30-35 range has allowed me to tackle the Hard quest requirements up until 9-5.

I still say map size and unit deployment restrictions plays a big role in things feeling difficult and at times cheap. Simply upping the party size to 6 would allow 1 of each color type, a healer, then a couple floaters of whatever you prefer. Unsurprisingly, the AI isn't beholden to this rule, either. Ranged mobs are still king, though, and I hate how horsemen can't enter forest terrain.
    Just be glad Cavalry isn't fucked on desert terrain too like they are in the main games. Or on indoor maps like in Radiant Dawn...

Sucks that the Hard quests aren't retroactively unlocked when you finish the Normal ones. I was cleared up to 6-5 on Hard when I cleared 9-5 on Normal and had to go back and do all the final missions again to get the quests done. Cost me a lot of stamina. I did finally get Wrys though so I have a decent healer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I sent some people home; mostly 2* and 3*. I also can't figure out the same units thing. I have a 5* Tiki and had a 3* and 4* as well, but couldn't do anything in that screen. Doing another pull now with the 20 orbs I have. Looking to get colorless so let's see what turns up.
    For anyone else confused by this, I figured it out. The game defaults to auto-favorite anything 4*+ so you can't merge two 5*'s etc together until you remove the favorite marking (the heart on the char screen). To get to the character screen tap and hold on a char icon for a few seconds. This confused me for like, 2 days.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    For anyone else confused by this, I figured it out. The game defaults to auto-favorite anything 4*+ so you can't merge two 5*'s etc together until you remove the favorite marking (the heart on the char screen). To get to the character screen tap and hold on a char icon for a few seconds. This confused me for like, 2 days.
    Thank you. I love you.

Finally got a 4* Archer, Setsuna. I think she'll be pretty good when I can turn her into a 5* too. Her Assassin's Bow+ prevents Thieves from getting a second attack and one of her skills prevents Archers from getting a second attack when she's above 50% HP. Add to that the advantage over fliers, oh boy. I just hope it doesn't take 4 months to get the feathers and sigil thingies that are required to increase her rank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast