+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Time for one of those annoying "Who on my team is good", but I've only played this game casually enough to pull on freebies and random collabs. Thinking about putting this into my gacha rotation since Exvius has been feeling meh.

Anyway, I did look at tier lists, but I think I'll start with characters: Anyone willing to help me figure out who's crap and who's not? For 5*, I have:

Reds:
    Marth (Altean Prince);
    Marth (Hero King -- has identical stats to Kirin's, save -1 HP)
    Chrom (Exalted Prince)
    Lilina (Delightful noble)
    Nowi (Eternal Witch)
    Ike (Vanguard Legend)

Blues
    Fjorn (Princess of Ice; the freebie one)
    Shiro (Raw Talent)

Greens

Ike (Brave Hero)

Greys

Lyn (Brave Hero)

Any help is appreciated. I ended up red heavy because I was chasing after a Ryoma early on.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hero Marth, Brave Ike, and Brave Lyn are all great units, Lyn being the easiest to use of the lot. Bit of a glass cannon but tears up most everything. None of the rest are bad but those 3 require almost 0 investment to be really good. In general there's no harm in keeping all your 5's just because of the modes where you field up to 28 units (Arena Assault, Squad Assault, Chain Challenges, Tempest Trials, etc). Units that don't earn a spot in your "main" lineup can still be useful counterpicks in aforementioned modes that have team preview between maps.

You'll probably end up using Fjorm a bit if she's a bonus unit in arena seasons but her base kit is fine. Can usually counterkill a Nino with Ice Mirror which is convenient.

You've also got the new CYL2 banner that you can pick a free unit from (Celica Hector Veronica Ephraim). All 4 of them are great; I still haven't picked mine yet. I would tentatively say Hector has the most bang for your buck and a strong blue wouldn't hurt for you.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Both Marths are really good, regular is the best buffer in the game with his Falchion refine and the new Marth is just a giant fuck you to Dragon teams which makes him good by default. Legendary Ike is also really useful. Off the top of my head I can't remember if the Chrom you have is the mounted one or not but if he's on a horse, he's good. Flier Nowi has niche use on Flier-based teams but not much use outside of them.

Fjorm is really good for the same reasons Legendary Ike is. I don't really know about Shiro, I think there are better blue infanty though.

Brave Ike and Brave Lyn are both really good.

Edit: Hector is probably the best unit for the free pick but a lot of people (and guide makers) seem to be taking Veronica (who is also really good) with the freebie. Honestly any of Hector, Ephraim or Veronica will benefit you hugely.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks guys.

And whoops on the blues — forgot to put that I did pick Hector before I posted.

Definitely not a mounted Chrom; just regular one.

Should I concern myself with any particular 3 or 4 stars? I hear things about Olivia and..maybe Effie?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Thanks guys.

And whoops on the blues — forgot to put that I did pick Hector before I posted.

Definitely not a mounted Chrom; just regular one.

Should I concern myself with any particular 3 or 4 stars? I hear things about Olivia and..maybe Effie?
    I absolutely love my +ATK -DEF Kagero since she has the infantry bonus damage dagger she can do a lot of damage to a good number of units, and with the right skills and buffs can solo most maps herself when paired with a dancer.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Most of the dragons are available at 4* and almost all of them are worth building up and merging.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got Abyssal Marth done, but have officially spent my sacred seal coin stash trying different setups for Abyssal Robin with no dice. I get close, but it just isn't happening. Oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Free pull on Fury banner let me replace my +Hp -Def Myrrh with a +Atk -Spd one.

Sorry OG Hector, but it is time you are sacrificed for a greater good.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got cavalry Chrom on the free pull. I didn't particularly want him, but it's a nice addition to the barracks for free. And speaking of barracks... wow. From almost 300 and in the verge of buying space for more (and continually sending home/merging/feeding for skill other units) to sitting comfortably at 183/300, with zero duplicated units.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've had over 300 for a while now, haven't bought too many expansions but ran out of room without them.

Been trying to improve my healer stable since seeing some weapon upgrades can change their damage priority. God, it's fucking terrible getting them SP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Holy crap, how long have combat manuals been a thing in this game? I freed up like 100 slots in my barracks converting units I kept for skills into manuals.

I just noticed them the other day, too. Probably a recent update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Last Update.

Just be careful though. You can merge, for example, a 5* combat manual into the same character to +1 them. However, a character turned into a combat manual will not be able to inherit their previously inherited skills; they can only pass on skills native to the unit.

E.X.: Hinata combat manual can give Fury to a unit, but a Hinata with Swordbreaker 3 on him and then turned into a manual will lose Swordbreaker 3.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You can convert any copies of a unit that are neutral-only (TT/GHB) with no downside, just make sure to not fodder all of them. For any others, might wanna check IVs if there's even a slim chance you'll ever use them.

I unfortunately was up to like 800 barracks space before this hit so it's a bit late to help my orbs Oh well.

Edit: although if you're super meme-y with your feathers you may like having 4 fallen Takumi for Skadi stuff. Or copies for HM grinding, but there's enough units out there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I was at 375 in my barracks, I may spend the orbs to hit 400 so my OCD doesn't bother me but that is a big waste of 5 orbs.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Free summon Halloween Myrrh, -DEF + RES... fuck.

Edit: And another in the same circle, -ATK + SPD... fuck.