Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (Animated Miles Morales Spider-Man Movie) (Dec. 21, 2018)

Animated Spider-Man movie will be about Miles Morales, not Peter Parker

Sony is bringing Miles Morales to the big screen with a new animated Spider-Man movie.

Sony took to Twitter to make a number of announcements about a couple of their upcoming films. The studio confirmed the new, stand-alone Spider-Man movie would star Miles Morales and be released at the end of 2018. The film will be directed by Bob Persichetti (a visual effects supervisor) and Peter Ramsey (Rise of the Guardians). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, best known for their work on The Lego Movie and directing the upcoming Han Solo movie, will write the script.

Miles Morales, otherwise known as the Spider-Man of the Ultimate Universe, has been rumored to appear in his own feature film for quite some time. In May, Heroic Hollywood reported Morales would be the star of Miller and Lord’s stand-alone movie, but Sony never commented on the rumors.

Sony has not commented on potential casting for the movie, but Donald Glover has repeatedly expressed that he was interested in playing the character. Glover voiced Morales in the third season of the animated series, Ultimate Spider-Man, and joined the cast of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming. Glover will also work alongside Miller and Lord on the Han Solo project, where he’ll play a young Lando Calrissian. Neither Glover nor Sony have indicated he’s involved with the project at this time.

The animated Spider-Man movie, which currently doesn’t have a title, will be released in theaters on Dec. 21, 2018. For a more detailed explanation of how Miles Morales fits into the Spider-Man universe, be sure to check out the Issue at Hand explainer below.
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/18/143...is-miller-2018

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The film will star Shameik Moore as the voice of Miles Morales, with Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali (Moonlight) voicing his father, Jefferson Davis, and actor Brian Tyree Henry (Atlanta) voicing Miles’s uncle, Aaron Davis, aka The Prowler.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/meet-the-big...for-1821152506

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Damn that looks great. I’m really digging the art style.

http://collider.com/peter-parker-spi...ider-man-movie
    I did learn a number of other things about the movie that are confirmed, because Lord and Miller didn’t just talk about how Peter Parker is involved in the film during the Q&A. As you can read over in the list below, they also talked about why the film looks the way it does, the tone, and more. Here’s the full list of things to know

-Lord and Miller made it clear this is a Miles Morales movie. They also said the film enters a big universe and the teaser trailer only shows a fraction of what’s to come.
    -Into the Spider-Verse is part of a “multiverse” and not part of the live-action Spider-Man
    -Miller and Lord talked about how they wanted to create a Spider-Man animated movie that makes you feel like you walked inside a comic book.
    -Chris Miller said the footage you see in the trailer is a new process that’s CGI animation that’s treated with “line work and painting and dots and all sorts of comic book techniques.” They wanted to make it a living painting. The movie is being made to look like it was made by hand.
    -One of the things they wanted to show in the film is Peter Parker being the grownup in the room for the first time.
    -They are excited about being able to tell the story using camera moves and pushing the style in ways a live-action movie can’t. When you look at the first trailer, you can immediately see it’s unlike any animated movie you’ve seen.
    -When asked about the tone and if it’s going to be a comedy, they said while Miles Morales and Peter Parker can be funny, Into the Spider-Verse is an action-adventure movie.
    -Lord and Miller talked about how they wanted to make a movie about regular people who make a choice to be a hero. Not someone who was born to be one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wow, looks really fucking good

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ditto. This looks amazing.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How is this the most anticipated remaining movie of 2018 for me?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

idk about Peter's voice

Yeah idk about Peter's voice but literally everything else looks great. Plus other castings look really good. You've got Lily Tomlin as Aunt May and Liev Schreiber as as The Kingpin. Animation looks cool. This seems like it will be amazing!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633694/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

yeah ok that looks awesome.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'd love a live action movie of this. Get all the RL Spiderman in on it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    How is this the most anticipated remaining movie of 2018 for me?
    Cause you're forgetting about Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Cause you're forgetting about Venom?
    People are anticipating venom?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Spider-Gwen at the end showing up made me O_O

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    People are anticipating venom?
    ^

While I'm still on the fence about Venom, I don't think it looks bad perse' but it doesn't even come close to this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nicolas Cage cast as Spider-Man Noir, Kimiko Glenn (Orange Is The New Black) as Penny Parker/Spider-Girl, and John Mulaney (Big Mouth) as Spider-Ham
    https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/sta...86255971192832

Ridill
    BG Level

I wonder if they're going to stay away from the weird totem stuff or fully embrace it.

Also, wasted potential if Nior isn't in a museum stopping thieves from stealing the Declaration of Independence.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle