Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ban memes and make the kids fucking write something useful.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If it's that big a concern then let the kids post their dank memes. Still seems like a wasted opportunity to get more children involved in the process.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I care. I don't want to break the law. Me. I have always been this way about everything. This is a personal thing.
    idk man breaking the law looks pretty awesome to me

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just have them change the excuse for not publishing the memes to the school doesn't want to potentially publish work that may not be fair use?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Memes aren't fair use?

This whole thing screams of looking for a problem to use a solution. There are plenty of more constructive ways of getting the student engaged in this, especially if they're actually upset that they can't post memes. Right now it just comes off as a bunch of bored women playing hot potato with laws they don't actually understand.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Ban memes and make the kids fucking write something useful.
    All the kids write an article a week, which is more than what past years have done. She's pretty blown away by the effort they've done compared to the past. It can be much better, if I went to some workshops only because I don't have a background I journalism. But I am hoping to drop it next year.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Memes aren't fair use?

This whole thing screams of looking for a problem to use a solution. There are plenty of more constructive ways of getting the student engaged in this, especially if they're actually upset that they can't post memes. Right now it just comes off as a bunch of bored women playing hot potato with laws they don't actually understand.
    Ap is a dude, and was the one overseeing, but yeah let's go with that.

I made the thread to get help to learn about the law. And yet you complain we don't know the law. What do you think I am trying to do? Clearly you don't understand it either as you seem to want to act like I am failing at my job without knowing dick about me or what I am doing for the school. Trying to get the school more organized is not a bad thing. Stop blowing things out of proportion. This isn't Dead Poets Society. I didn't stand on a table. I sent an email. Shits not that complicated. But I want to understand the law so we can do things correctly. Asking for that is NOT a big deal.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All the kids write an article a week, which is more than what past years have done. She's pretty blown away by the effort they've done compared to the past. It can be much better, if I went to some workshops only because I don't have a background I journalism. But I am hoping to drop it next year.
    That's good that they write regular articles as well. What's the other work? Just the article and I'm guessing one other contribution for section (e.g. Comics, Weather, Sports)?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

That's good that they write regular articles as well. What's the other work? Just the article and I'm guessing one other contribution for section (e.g. Comics, Weather, Sports)?
    Just the article because we also are making the yearbook, so 3 days for paper and two days for yearbook. I put in the sports scores.

Keep in mind paper used to be after school that only lasted for two months last year, and four years ago it was a class and they did a paper every two weeks and it was a two page spread only. Despite what you think, these kids have pot in a lot more effort than I expected, but I can still only expect so much. Some are failing already for not getting work in on time. It's a hard balance I have to keep.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ap is a dude, and was the one overseeing, but yeah let's go with that.

I made the thread to get help to learn about the law. And yet you complain we don't know the law. What do you think I am trying to do? Clearly you don't understand it either as you seem to want to act like I am failing at my job without knowing dick about me or what I am doing for the school. Trying to get the school more organized is not a bad thing. Stop blowing things out of proportion. This isn't Dead Poets Society. I didn't stand on a table. I sent an email. Shits not that complicated. But I want to understand the law so we can do things correctly. Asking for that is NOT a big deal.
    Nah, that's you getting defensive. Your P is overreacting by banning the best memes from the comics page of a grade school paper.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Are we pretending that children have rights while at school now? lol

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

these kids have pot
    Found the issue.

All joking aside, it seems like the article and yearbook are pretty sweet. I don't understand where/why the memes come into this. Are they submitting these as the article?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Found the issue.

All joking aside, it seems like the article and yearbook are pretty sweet. I don't understand where/why the memes come into this. Are they submitting these as the article?
    They are on the last page of the paper as an extra. It is a page for comics and crosswords. Reality is, kids today don't care about old school comic strips. To them memes are comics. The three panel system is going out of style fast. Also reality, I get the most comments from students outside the classes that they love that page. To me, the comics page is for the reader to enjoy. And the readers are the other students. If they don't enjoy Garfield and Peanuts, then they become just decorations for the adults.

Kids do local news, world news, sports, community events, blogs, celebrity news, etc. for their articles.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If they don't like Garfield then they can fuck right off back to the womb. Clearly they were made wrong.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This thread isn't as bad as the guy banging the "crazy" Asian doctor and eventually posting a pic of his own cock, but it is definitely a variation of:

>Asks for input
    >Gets input that runs contrary to planned actions
    >Tells everyone they are wrong

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

3 panel comics are not dead. Three Panel Soul being one of my go to on Mondays
    http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/dog-philosophy
    http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/on-space-puns

Maybe dig through the internet for some tasteful yet humorous comics for inspiration.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This thread isn't as bad as the guy banging the "crazy" Asian doctor and eventually posting a pic of his own cock, but it is definitely a variation of:

>Asks for input
    >Gets input that runs contrary to planned actions
    >Tells everyone they are wrong
    More like:

>Asks input about specific thing
    >Everyone gives input about something else
    >Constantly asks for input about initial thread topic

Never once did I ask if I should do this. I already sent an email to the P and AP before posting this thread and said so in the initial post. It was about making sure we all knew how to proceed correctly.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    3 panel comics are not dead. Three Panel Soul being one of my go to on Mondays
    http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/dog-philosophy
    http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/on-space-puns

Maybe dig through the internet for some tasteful yet humorous comics for inspiration.
    Dead to high schoolers. Only one they care about is Cynide and Happiness, and that only lasted two weeks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The answer is obvious, it's up to the P. Any law you think might apply to your grade school children is superceded by the P's perogative go do what's in the best interest of the student body and school. Doesn't matter how dank the memes are, if the P can demonstrate that it causes unrest in the school then they can stop it. End of story.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The answer is obvious, it's up to the P. Any law you think might apply to your grade school children is superceded by the P's perogative go do what's in the best interest of the student body and school. Doesn't matter how dank the memes are, if the P can demonstrate that it causes unrest in the school then they can stop it. End of story.
    Except, as expected, the P wants my help in the matter. Stop acting like she wants only her way. You, again, have no concept of how we work.