Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If your bed is old i would start with a bed. You spend about 1/3rd of your time on it and good sleep is great.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I will not disagree with you by any means here. I work there and I don't recommend anyone buy the furniture. But all these rich cunts come in and buy it all. Keeps the store in business and me keeping a easy second job.

Some of the furniture that you have to assemble yourself is just fine though. For example: The bar/drinkware to go with it, the leaning ladder bookshelf & kitchen island. Like I said though, 45% discount helps a lot lol. Never will I ever buy a real piece of furniture from there though.

Spoiler: show

i actually still want that home bar. Glad to hear it's solid. 90% of our dishes and glassware are from there which are very well priced compared to everything else in the entire store lol.

I have a ton of stuff from CB2 that has held up very well but its like a tv stand, some end tables, and decor.

Really its just this fucking terrible couch

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I will not disagree with you by any means here. I work there and I don't recommend anyone buy the furniture. But all these rich cunts come in and buy it all. Keeps the store in business and me keeping a easy second job.

Some of the furniture that you have to assemble yourself is just fine though. For example: The bar/drinkware to go with it, the leaning ladder bookshelf & kitchen island. Like I said though, 45% discount helps a lot lol. Never will I ever buy a real piece of furniture from there though.

Yo are you in NY?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

To add something about paint. When you're picking out colors DO NOT just solely go off the paint cards. They give you a rough idea, but definitely buy the samples. Better to spend a few buck on each of those than painting the whole wall a color and deciding you don't like it.

Take a white wall and apply the paints. Let them dry for a couple hours so you can really tell how it dries. Buy a little extra paint. You think you need 3 cans? Buy 4. In case you fuck up. Even if you get the same color, if you go back and get another can, it might be slightly off. A second opinion always helps.
    If it's an apartment, there are a couple things to think about if you're going to paint. One, what's the policy when it comes to painting (are you allowed to paint, do you have to paint everything back to the original colors when you leave, if so, how close to original colors, etc). And two, somewhat conditional on those questions, how long are you planning to be at this location. Might not be worth the time depending on your answers to those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I fucking love interior design but I find myself with 0 ideas for my own house, plz send help. I ain't even buy curtains yet.
    Gotta start somewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I think some more information would be helpful -- like what are your tastes in interior design (modern, traditional, rustic, etc?), color preferences, what's the apartment layout, walls, etc.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Gotta start somewhere:
    I like modern and dark colors. Ignore the scribbles.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Yo are you in NY?
    Yeah, how did you guess that? Westchester, to be more specific. Also, you have like a fucking mansion or something? That place looks massive.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I grew up in Bestchester. The best county of them all.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

How about your wall colors and flooring situation? Also, a list like what Sepukku gave would be helpful to know what you're looking for.

Just to give some ideas, I did some quick google searching for similar furniture to mine:

Except all my furniture is black rather than brown.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

How about your wall colors and flooring situation? Also, a list like what Sepukku gave would be helpful to know what you're looking for.

Just to give some ideas, I did some quick google searching for similar furniture to mine:

Except all my furniture is black rather than brown.
    I'll get back to this, 7am so i'm goin to bed. Walls were painted white and floors are light wood paneling which infuriate me cuz wood floor is trash. Also the thing labeled dining room has a cherry red fireplace in it, so I went black/red in the living room to match that.

Yeah, how did you guess that? Westchester, to be more specific. Also, you have like a fucking mansion or something? That place looks massive.
    Your apartment looks identical to my friends in brooklyn. And I do mean absolutely identical at least the kitchen.
    Say sup to the house me and andalusian lived in alone together. Sold it ruining our chance of common law marriage kickin in sadly.
    Actually pretty sad to link this since we were the ones that built it...
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12...15896123_zpid/

The Anti Miz

BG Level

pls build me a house next for free

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    pls build me a house next for free
    Man, you buy furniture from Crate & Barrel, you got dough!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Current couch shits pretty comfy and the sleeper is great.
    Did you buy it second hand from Bane?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Butt of course.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

OP here is a good table because it can seat up to 6 people or take up very little space. We used to keep one leaf folded out for my wife and I but we moved to an apartment that had a dining counter so now it just chills against the wall with like some pictures and candles on it. real gangster shit

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/span-b...-table/s490748

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn that is amazing, I was definitely looking for compact dining space since it directly subtracts from how big the main living area can be in the living/dining combo. My realtor got back to me and told me no reliable measurements for any apartments in that building since it was recently all redone but I may be able to get in Saturday morning early to take measurements since its vacant now. I also got dark blue going as a main color for my apartment on the stuff I've bought so far. GF was vetoing anything red but also saying don't dare end up with an all white & black apartment.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Damn that is amazing, I was definitely looking for compact dining space since it directly subtracts from how big the main living area can be in the living/dining combo. My realtor got back to me and told me no reliable measurements for any apartments in that building since it was recently all redone but I may be able to get in Saturday morning early to take measurements since its vacant now. I also got dark blue going as a main color for my apartment on the stuff I've bought so far. GF was vetoing anything red but also saying don't dare end up with an all white & black apartment.
    FYI thats a pretty popular table might be able to find gently used for cheap on your local craigslist. If money is an issue ikea has a cheaper version with DRAWERS http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70290223/

I'm not sure how it compares size wise