+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Nioh (PC/PS4)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Apparently lol.

Is there any way to spot a mimic? I stare it it, it doesn't seem to move. Hitting it doesn't work, throwing salt on it doesn't work. Maybe Treasure Sense works, if it doesn't show a treasure there then it's be a mimic, idk.
    Not that it ultimately matters. The mimic is easy enough to kill and it still drops all the loot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

When I say ninjutsu is bad, I don't mean it's unviable. I mean it takes about 4 times longer to kill a boss solely with it (and you need a shit-ton of luck on unlimited procs) than it does by regular means. And it takes 10 times longer than just throwing a sloth talisman and lightning scroll and mashing attack faceroll that onmyo allows.

It definitely has some individual uses where it's really optimal, but they're all fairly rare.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Apparently lol.

Is there any way to spot a mimic? I stare it it, it doesn't seem to move. Hitting it doesn't work, throwing salt on it doesn't work. Maybe Treasure Sense works, if it doesn't show a treasure there then it's be a mimic, idk.
    Not that it ultimately matters. The mimic is easy enough to kill and it still drops all the loot.

Some ppl say to spot a mimic, you see if the chest has 3 brands on them or whistle near the chest. I just match what gesture the mimic does to avoid fighting them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

It doesn't even take 1 combo to kill a mimic and if you jump on it right as it spawns it can't block yet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know what causes it, but I read it you spot a mimic and spawn it with whistle and match it's emote, you'll occasionally learn emotes from it. I've received one and only killed 3 (for the bestiary entry) and spotted all the rest due to treasure sense. Not sure if there's a list of emotes you can learn or if it's just rare.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So lvl cap appears to be 750 with each stat maxing out at 99. Someone found an exploit and is playing the vague/conflicting information game on how they did it on reddit and imgur.

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level

I think they increased the maximum of how many items you can keep in your storage. I've been maxed out on summoner Candles, the max cure medicine, and fire bombs and now it's letting me pick up more.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I love this fucking game but I'm so bad at it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Near end game spoilers-
    I love what they did with Nobunaga in this. "Fuck off, I'm done with this shit."

The sub mission 2v1 of him and ice lady took me awhile, but once I got a good working strategy it went well. The other 2v1 fight was cake compared to that one.

Ridill
    BG Level

End boss was a let down. The whole last level was. As for NG+, I think the game believes Divine Shards are a whole lot harder to get than they actually are. Missions usually reward you with one divine weapon and the twilight missions can give you a couple shards, or you can spend twenty minutes summoning revenants, get 2-5 divine pieces a kill and walk away with thirty some shards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just finished this yesterday. The end boss was pretty bad and probably the easiest boss in the game for me. Easier than some normal enemies. I wanted to start the hard mode and getting the divine weapons but some other games are calling my name right now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finished it a couple of weeks ago. Really fun game overall, progressing through the story and side quests was fun and rewarding. Not every boss presented a challenge (the centipede struck me as way undertuned, for as much of a cluster fuck as the fight can be, it was cake; same with the final boss) but overall they were enjoyable fights. The end game is a little less exciting though IMO. For a little bit divine gear and upgrades are cool, but the treadmill to cap and max sets just isn't that engaging. I think they could do well with having some more Yokai too. There's too little variety to throw you off your game. A few more like Wheel Monks or the umbrellas that attacked in unconventional or unexpected ways would help.

Looking forward to the DLC though once it hits, it was fun enough that I went ahead and got the season pass.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Last mission spoilers but I wanted to share this moment.

Did anyone else have something like this happen? I never found her again until I died and respawned lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Oravis View Post
    Last mission spoilers but I wanted to share this moment.

Did anyone else have something like this happen? I never found her again until I died and respawned lol
    I had her disappear a lot on me in that exact section, but I've never seen it happen.

I didnt feel very motivated to go on with the NG+ stuff.. The enemy variety is just too lacking. It was something I was noticing during NG, even the fact you sometimes faced bosses multiple times, but in NG+ you pretty much see every enemy in every mission. That alone wasn't enough to get me to stop playing. I had planned on messing with it until Mass Effect came out, but I randomly decided to pick up Nier Automata yesterday so now I'll play that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Nioh Complete coming to Steam! SO. FUCKING. PUMPED.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...plete_Edition/

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't get too excited. The port is likely to be complete garbage given Koei Tecmo's history.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Don't get too excited. The port is likely to be complete garbage given Koei Tecmo's history.
    Dark Souls was a pretty shit port but it all worked out in the end! I won't be purchasing on release since I'm cheap so we'll see what happens. It was on my to buy list for PS4 but obviously will be buying for PC now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

KB/M Support coming to the PC version November 30th