+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's really uncanny valley. How do you partner with SE and end up with graphics that look like that? All the good CGI guys must be on FFVII:R (good).

Also I know they can't look like the actors, but this made me realize I only care about the MCU and not anything going on with the same superheroes outside of it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I have to agree with everyone else. Having just watched it, the models are terrible. But Hulk kicking that guy who fell out the tank was A+. SE is known for great models so I don't know what happened here.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Considering MvC:I, I'm getting the feeling it's a case of "If everyone you meet is a jerk, maybe it's actually you?" with Marvel.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Everyone keeps saying "SE is good with character models" and blah blah, but I think a lot of people forget that this isn't SE's main branch (or even any of their JP teams) doing this game but Crystal Dynamics + Eidos. Not saying that makes it forgivable but at least explains why they're kind of shit and not up to the usual SE level (I mean, look at FFVIIR, character models are gorgeous in that game)

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It looks so bad, it honestly felt like I was watching something made for the PS3

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Marvel's Avengers: A-Day (PC/PS4/XB1/STD) - Marvel x Eidos - May 15, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Considering MvC:I, I'm getting the feeling it's a case of "If everyone you meet is a jerk, maybe it's actually you?" with Marvel.
    This has been going as far back as UMvC3 at least. There was an article put out at the time that Marvel had the final say in how the models looked. This was in regards to Dr. Strange who supposedly was redesigned numerous times and that capcom was increasingly getting frustrated.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They discuss the game around the 24:00 mark. They were pretty sold on it after hands on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They discuss it right out the gate and are not looking forward to it in the game's current build.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another behind closed doors take that is much more positive.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Checkerboard 4K @ 30 FPS, trailer likely PS4 Pro version

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There will be another behind-closed-doors gameplay demo shown at SDCC, but the first public demo won't be until Gamescom.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    There will be another behind-closed-doors gameplay demo shown at SDCC, but the first public demo won't be until Gamescom.
    Which is pants-on-head retarded because I heard the gameplay shown behind closed doors at E3 was really good

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Which is pants-on-head retarded because I heard the gameplay shown behind closed doors at E3 was really good
    Really?

Giantbomb hasn't had kind things to say so far

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PUSH THAT TRIANGLE

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix released the first official gameplay video for Marvel’s Avengers. Watch as Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor battle Taskmaster and his army of mercenaries in the opening level - a Hero tutorial where players learn the unique powers of the Avengers.

Marvel’s Avengers is a story-driven, third-person action-adventure game. Players will reassemble and rebuild their Avengers roster in an original, cinematic single-player campaign, then battle solo or online alongside friends in new missions around the globe. They can also customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and harness their unique powers to defend the world from escalating threats for years to come.

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.

Game Overview

Marvel’s Avengers is a story-driven, third-person action-adventure game. Reassemble and rebuild your Avengers roster in an original, cinematic single-player campaign, then battle solo or online alongside friends in new missions around the globe. Customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and then harness their unique powers to defend the world from escalating threats for years to come.

Play an Original Avengers Story

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco—including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Embrace Your Powers

• Progress through the single player campaign to rebuild your Hero roster and restore their powers; then continue to battle AIM solo or online with friends.

• Unlock powerful skills and new gear for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes that suit your playstyle.

• Customize these iconic Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new outfits inspired by over 80 years of Marvel history.

• Combat system built from the ground up to support unique play style for each Hero.

Assemble Online

• Using a reclaimed helicarrier as a base of operations, players launch single-player and co-op Warzone missions in hotspots around the globe.

• Up to four players assemble online to defend the Earth from escalating threats that only the Avengers can overcome.

• The narrative will unfold over multiple years, with every new Super Hero and region delivered at no additional cost.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I just...ugh those models.

Actually I think Cap is the only that bothers me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries