Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Okay, I see now. This is comics Avengers using the MCU to sell games.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Apparently she's the actual main character of the game?

I'm not opposed to this

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm holding out judgement until it's closer to releasing. She may be a main character of the story, but based on what they've said, it's more of a live service game with various characters. I'm more curious how the trailer mentioned a death. Monetization, gear collection, future content plans, and what the gameplay loop involves will shape up my thoughts. I'm on board with the idea of the game beyond those.

BG Level

It was established early on that Cap "dies" in the carrier incident.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post

Spoiler: show
    Today at New York Comic Con 2019, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics revealed that fan-favorite Kamala Khan is the latest playable Super Hero to be featured in Marvel’s Avengers. Co-created by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona, Sana Amanat, and Stephen Wacker, in the comics, Kamala is an enthusiastic teenager who defends her hometown Jersey City as the costumed Ms. Marvel. First appearing in Captain Marvel #14 in August 2013, Kamala quickly captured the imagination of generations of True Believers, leading to her own monthly comic series in February 2014.

A self-avowed Avengers fan, in the game’s original story, Kamala Khan must apply her intellect, optimism, and unique abilities to the task of unravelling a global conspiracy and reassembling her personal heroes in time to stop a new secretive organization, Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM), before they unleash one of the greatest threats Earth has ever faced.

Players first encounter a young Kamala during A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Kamala is exposed to the mysterious Terrigen Mist, and finds herself developing extraordinary polymorphic powers, which she subsequently hides for years. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, Kamala uncovers a shocking conspiracy and embarks on a quest to reassemble the heroes she believes in and to become the hero she was destined to be.

Players begin the journey as Kamala Khan and learn the origins of her extraordinary powers. As the story expands, Kamala plays an essential role in bringing the disbanded Avengers back together. As each Super Hero is added to the roster, players must master all of their unique abilities, rebuild and customize the Avengers team to face increasingly growing threats only the Avengers together can defeat.

“An optimistic fan girl of the Avengers, Kamala Khan is the perfect character for the story we’re telling in Marvel’s Avengers,” said Shaun Escayg, Creative Director and Writer at Crystal Dynamics. “Telling our story of Kamala’s coming-of-age brings a fresh, hopeful perspective to the gameplay experience and her unique abilities as Ms. Marvel make her a character every person can relate to and will want to play. Kamala Khan is one of the unique characters that makes our game stand apart from any Avengers story experienced before.”

“Kamala is an inspired and perfectly fitting choice to join the ranks of, and reassemble, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” said Bill Rosemann, VP of Creative at Marvel Games. “Perhaps more than any other character invented over the past decade, Ms. Marvel has not only charmed the hearts of longtime True Believers, but her unique mix of classic Marvel heroic elements and modern cultural relevancy has resulted in a headline-generating cultural icon.”

“It is a thrill to see Kamala in the Marvel’s Avengers game,” said Sana Amanat, VP of Content and Character Development at Marvel. “Crystal Dynamics has done a marvelous job of crafting a brand-new take on Kamala, while staying true to the spirit of her inspiring character, charismatic persona, and relatable purpose. Fans of the character are in for quite a ride, along with a few surprises, when Marvel’s Avengers makes its debut next year.”

"I think Kamala is a perfect fit for a game like this, since she sees the Marvel world the same way we do as fans and players," said G. Willow Wilson, co-creator of Ms. Marvel. "Kamala allows us to imagine what we ourselves would do if we suddenly discovered we had superpowers and got to stand alongside our heroes in their time of greatest need."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

In a new video released today, the Crystal Dynamics development team provides a deeper dive into Marvel’s Avengers gameplay, story, AIM narrative, mission variety, Super Hero customization, and much more.

Marvel’s Avengers offers players a truly rich experience, with a combination of Hero Missions and Warzone Missions. Hero Missions are single-player only and are part of the overall Campaign. These Hero Missions are designed to showcase each hero’s unique abilities as you reassemble them to your growing roster. Warzone Missions can be played solo or with a group of up to four players as any Hero in your roster. Each mission dynamically scales based on the team size and player level.

Players in Marvel’s Avengers will also be able to customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in a number of ways. While each Super Hero will play true to their unique power sets, each will have the flexibility to play different based on the gear you equip and the skills you enable. Each hero has dynamic combo systems, Heroic moves, an intrinsic ability, and signature move sets to unlock and customize. You’ll also be able to customize these iconic Super Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new original outfits inspired by over 80-years of Marvel history.

To ensure a heroic experience for all players, Marvel’s Avengers narrative will progress over multiple years with every new post release Super Hero and region delivered to players at no additional cost if you own the core game.

Finally, in case you missed it, earlier this month we revealed that fan-favorite Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel, is the latest playable Super Hero in Marvel’s Avengers. Players begin their journey as Kamala Khan and learn the origins of her extraordinary powers. As the story expands, Kamala plays an essential role in bringing the disbanded Avengers back together. As each Super Hero rejoins the roster, players must master their unique abilities, rebuild and customize the team to face increasingly evolving threats only the Avengers together can defeat.

BG Level

Okay I'm sold.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marvel’s Avengers narrative will progress over multiple years with every new post release Super Hero and region delivered to players at no additional cost if you own the core game.
    So, there is an option to not own the game and still play it?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm interested, but I'm not sold just yet. Maybe it's due to life being life and not having time to devote hours upon hours of grinding, but I've found I just don't enjoy gear grind games like this anymore. Destiny 2 and Division 2 both fell flat quickly because it just became doing the same thing, with the same strategies, hoping for that marginal, RNG based upgrade to drop. Maybe it won't be like that, but it looks that way so far, with story mode being the method of unlocking grindable content, and the Warzones being your go-to game experience with others.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I'm interested, but I'm not sold just yet. Maybe it's due to life being life and not having time to devote hours upon hours of grinding, but I've found I just don't enjoy gear grind games like this anymore. Destiny 2 and Division 2 both fell flat quickly because it just became doing the same thing, with the same strategies, hoping for that marginal, RNG based upgrade to drop. Maybe it won't be like that, but it looks that way so far, with story mode being the method of unlocking grindable content, and the Warzones being your go-to game experience with others.
    Couldn't of said it better myself. So far the game is a big giant pass for me for this very reason. to many good single player games come out and I no longer have time for them and a grindy mmo-like type gamne

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is there still supposed to be PS exclusives?

Also, what platform on PC is this supposed to be on?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Is there still supposed to be PS exclusives?

Also, what platform on PC is this supposed to be on?
    Yes, not revealed. Only PS4 deal atm is 1 week early access to the pre-order beta.

They haven't announced any PC platform.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I would think PS would have Spiderman exclusives or something cuz Sony

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed from May to September
    To our fans,

At Crystal Dynamics our ambition has always been to deliver the ultimate Avengers gaming experience. In order to achieve that goal, we have made the difficult decision to move the release date of Marvel’s Avengers to September 4, 2020.

As fans ourselves, it’s an honor and a privilege to work with these legendary characters and we know what these Super Heroes mean to us and True Believers around the world. When we set out to bring you our vision for Marvel’s Avengers, we committed to delivering an original story-driven campaign, engaging co-op, and compelling content for years to come. To that end, we will spend this additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.

The worldwide teams working on Marvel’s Avengers sincerely appreciate the support you’ve shown us. We thrive on your enthusiasm and feedback and we can’t wait to show you more. We apologize for the delay. We’re confident it will be worth the wait.

Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg - Co-Heads of Studio, Crystal Dynamics

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Special Editions & Pre-Order Bonuses Announced

Spoiler: show

Square Enix announced today that Marvel’s Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Edition and Deluxe Edition will be available alongside the Standard Edition on September 4, 2020. Further, players who pre-order any version of the game will receive guaranteed access to the Beta (at participating retailers), a Marvel Legacy Outfit pack, and an exclusive nameplate.

The Marvel's Avengers Deluxe Edition includes an exclusive Obsidian Outfit pack (six hero outfits), six exclusive Obsidian nameplates, and 72-hour early access.

Marvel's Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Edition features a full color 12” statue of Captain America. Designed by the artisans at Gentle Giant, this deluxe high-quality PVC statue captures every texture and detail on Captain America’s uniform. Marvel’s Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Edition also includes a copy of the Deluxe Edition, an exclusive SteelBook case, Hulk Bobblehead, Mjolnir Keychain, Black Widow’s Belt Buckle, Iron Man’s Prototype Amor Blueprints, Kamala Khan’s Honorary Avenger Pin, a commemorative Avengers group photo, and 72-hour early access before the September 4, 2020 release date.

At participating retailers, those who pre-order Marvel’s Avengers will receive either a limited-edition pin set, patch set, digital comic book, or SteelBook designed by legendary Marvel artist Mark Brooks. The company also kicked-off its pre-order program today, which includes guaranteed access to the Beta, an exclusive nameplate, and a Marvel Legacy Outfit pack. These Marvel Legacy Outfits are inspired by moments from the comics that defined who each Super Hero was as they first embraced their powers to become the icons they are today.

In addition, players who pre-order their copy of Marvel’s Avengers from the PlayStation Store will receive additional pre-order bonuses, including a Ms. Marvel “Talk to the Hand” emote and “Marvel’s Avengers: Hex Pattern Logo” dynamic theme. The exclusive Digital Edition on the PlayStation Store includes an exclusive Ms. Marvel nameplate and 1,000 credits which can be used towards Super Hero customizations. This edition also includes 72-hour early access when the game launches in September. PlayStation 4 players can also play the beta first when they pre-order any edition on PS4™.
    https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/buy-now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Available for pre-order on Steam

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh