I'm enjoying the memes born from the playstation exclusivity:

Spoiler: show

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got my PS4 packed for my move, but watched Maximillian play this for a bit. I'm getting Anthem vibes. It's cool each character has their own unique play style, but it doesn't really change things up that much it seemed. Still just looked like 3D beat-em-up action, which is fine, but it didn't really feel that varied. The menu and UI feels really underbaked. Gear not actually changing anything on your character is goofy, specially since the UI zooms in on the section of gear you're changing. Maybe stream compression didn't make it show quite that much, but Max was complaining a lot about the motion blur and camera controls. I bet it'll have a coherent enough story and be a treat for anyone into the mythos of Marvel, but not seeing a full price game value here myself.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

guy I'm game sharing with plans to buy it so I guess I can play it without feeling like I'm supporting Sony's moneyhatting lol

So are they going full ARPG with equipment and loot that augments your skills/skill tree or is all the equipment stat sticks?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Dont know, almost to the dont care part with all this nonsense

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is basically turning into the "I Heart Connecticut" episode of 30 Rock, so much advertising tie in that the product is profitable before even being released.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    This is basically turning into the "I Heart Connecticut" episode of 30 Rock, so much advertising tie in that the product is profitable before even being released.
    That is good because it may not be profitable once it releases

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    That is good because it may not be profitable once it releases
    Came back to this thread to post this and am not disappointed it was already said.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Edit: Not looking that great for consoles.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ya, shame on SE for taking truck loads of money, from other companies, so that said companies customer's can have exclusive stuff. It's almost like...SE wants to make money, over the interweb's artistic integrity award. I haven't really heard anything good, from a game play standpoint, and I'm willing to bet this ends up as Madden/FIFA for the "nerds" that have more money then most of us would know what to do with, and is targeted at them.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I bet you this flops.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah, it's too much of a big name item to really fail, and the heavy MTX focus is gonna latch onto some whales who will drive it to profitability.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Whatever Eidos/SE is planning to do with the Avengers IP, this ain't it. I had nothing but a bad time with what I've played. AI companions are shit for objective-based missions. Controls don't feel polished. Kamala, who is basically a spider-man prototype, is inconsistent with landing attacks and while traversing, you aim for a ledge in front of you and she targets a ledge off-screen. Hulk has wall jumping, if it connects. I cannot count how many times I fell off the map. Aiming range attacks is all over the place. Dodging in general is shit. The game is largely a hack and slash with little pay off.

The missions I played were not timed and could be explored in great length, but the zones were mostly empty. I was able to get past an area that I wasn't supposed to access and triggered an event there, but nothing exciting past that.

Loot is meaningless outside of raising power level. I could rarely tell what benefit any piece had. You will often get a piece of gear that is worse than you have equipped, but because it has a higher power level, the game will nag you with pop-ups until you equip it. Upgrade mats are rare and with what I previously typed, you should avoid upgrading anything because you're just going to dismantle anyways (and you won't get refunded anywhere near the amount of mats you used on it).

Anthem, for what it was/is, feels better than what is being presented.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think the real issue is Sony is bonkers with Spider-man, in general. Wasn't it like pulling teeth to get him into MCU stuff?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast