1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Final Fantasy XIV: Dad Of Light (J-Drama Live Action TV Series) [Netflix April 20th]

Final Fantasy XIV: D̶a̶d̶d̶y̶ Father Of Light

Cringe maybe but oh well.

Sauce (Kotaku): http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-...ium=Socialflow

or Novacrystallis: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/0...ed-true-story/

tl;dr Son and Father bond over FFXIV

I'll watch it if it has shit like
    "Son get me into A12s!"
    "sorry dad your DPS is too low"

But if it's shit like
    "son lets quest/craft together" then I might not be able to bear it lolololol

Alternatively, I'll take it if the son is some NEET (though he doesn't qualify in the looks department) and the father attempts to bond/know him more via the game.

ALSO!!!! lol PS4

Double ALSO: they better have 2 TVs or some shit, if they show 2 controllers with 1 console I'll rage

edit3:

edit4:

Coming to Netflix April 20th https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/31/...light-netflix/ (thanks Buffy!)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Dis gonna be weird.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

In before his dad can't do enough DPS to skip mechanics in the primal and he gets kicked.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

His son falls into fflogs and parse obsession and has to have a father heart to heart talk with his son about using third party applications to break the rules to measure his tiny dick. Then he asks his son where he learned how to use these, and he looks up to him and says from you, and is a flash back to his dad using kparse in FFXI. Yelling at his SAM bro for only doing a 400 Gekko while he looks on peaking between the paper sliding wall.

We then find out that, that is the very moment his wife left him. Don't give in to parses people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They can't use parsers because they're playing on PS4. Maybe the son is bad and the father has to come out of retirement and teach him how to git gud and overcome stigmas.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Well given they're asian they could pull it off with an abaqis and some napkin math to calculate their dps.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What the hell

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Explains where they're diverting XIV's revenue though.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Assuming it only uses the game as a sandbox and doesn't follow much of the story/plot/mechanics, I bet the last boss is his mum!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

OP/theme tune.

IT'S HAPPENING

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I actually really like that opening lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Of course the female Miquo'te is a male irl.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

From Buffy in the random praise thread:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/31/...light-netflix/

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but this is pretty weird. I'd love to see the meeting they decided this shit was a great idea lol

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Can we look forward to a Yoshida cameo?

Also, Daddy of Light. Sure gonna be alot of dissapointed Netflix viewers who get the wrong idea.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    His son falls into fflogs and parse obsession and has to have a father heart to heart talk with his son about using third party applications to break the rules to measure his tiny dick. Then he asks his son where he learned how to use these, and he looks up to him and says from you, and is a flash back to his dad using kparse in FFXI. Yelling at his SAM bro for only doing a 400 Gekko while he looks on peaking between the paper sliding wall.

We then find out that, that is the very moment his wife left him. Don't give in to parses people.
    This is an underrated post

Why is OP in denial of the official english title? I demand mods change it to Daddy of Light!

I might check out one episode, but this seems like a huge waste. I wish SE would comission an anime adaptation that tells a more.....compelling story. It'd probably be way better than Brotherhood, and other cheaper MMOs do it like Blade & Soul, Maplestory, and PSO2.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I might check out one episode, but this seems like a huge waste. I wish SE would comission an anime adaptation that tells a more.....compelling story.
    You don't know how compelling this story may be yet.
    J-dramas tend to do emotional bonds really well. They have a lot of practice and precedent after all, so this one should easily be touching at least.

Besides, every animated FF adaptation has been mediocre at best and downright awful at worst. I'd hate to see XIV's story reduced to FF:Ultimate levels of badness.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    You don't know how compelling this story may be yet.
    J-dramas tend to do emotional bonds really well. They have a lot of practice and precedent after all, so this one should easily be touching at least.

Besides, every animated FF adaptation has been mediocre at best and downright awful at worst. I'd hate to see XIV's story reduced to FF:Ultimate levels of badness.
    Eh thats true. I'm very ignorant of J-dramas. However, idk, I think id prefer something that tells interesting lore stories in FFXIV, or at the very least have very cool art.

Ultimately I'm prejudiced because when I initially heard about this, I got my hopes up of a story revolving around something in the setting of Eorzea.