A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So, the devs confirmed it. Exclude the google-translate-ese.
    As I explained about the acquisition conditions of
    "Job card" in the "31st Matsuri Fresh Vana Deal" the other day, I will introduce it also in this thread.

In the battle content "Omen",
    points that are not displayed in menus and logs are accumulated when achieving tasks or additional tasks.
    When this point exceeds a certain value, it is a system that gives you one "Job Card"
    according to the job at that time, so that once you join, it will be collected as a trick.

In the route newly established this time
    bonus is added to this point, and
    points are also given when defeating a small fish monster.
    According to this specification, when we punish all the small fish monsters, as for the number of "job cards" to be acquired
    , it will be higher expectation than clearing the conventional route, I hope that you can use according to purpose!
    Sounds like if you're after cards, it's worth full clearing every floor?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The way it's worded almost sounds like it's only applied to the alt fl-4

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The way it's worded almost sounds like it's only applied to the alt fl-4
    thats what it sounds like to me, but clearing that floor is impossible for me solo. Maybe its meant groups that have got all the drops from the NMs and still need cards

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, yeah, I read it a bit fast.
    It reads as: Points gained for completing objectives ("tasks").
    Extra points for tasks on alt-4, and points for killing sweetwater (small fish monsters?) mobs.
    I guess they did it more like 100 points for a card, clearing a task is 20 points, so that sweetwater could count also in lower values?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've noticed some odd text w/ the Eschuteon NPC. Some of the kits at the leathercraft guild one say they require bonecraft skill... Anyone else notice this at leathercraft or any other guilds? Especially those not using Windower/Ashita. (Holding off on bug report until I know I'm not the only one.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I've noticed some odd text w/ the Eschuteon NPC. Some of the kits at the leathercraft guild one say they require bonecraft skill... Anyone else notice this at leathercraft or any other guilds? Especially those not using Windower/Ashita. (Holding off on bug report until I know I'm not the only one.)
    I assume you mean every kit 65 and up? Seems like they made some weird error. 65 is ladybug rings which is actually a bonecraft synth but the rest are all leathercraft but appear to say bonecraft. Pretty sure bg wiki got updated from the dats so it probably actually says that at least in the English ones but very doubtful it actually takes bone. Except 65 is all kinds of confusing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There have been a lot of dialogue/item name errors lately. Of the kits/sets, I've noticed:

- Alchemy Kit 85 is misnamed Alchemy Kit 8
    - Bonecraft Kit 65 is misnamed Leathercraft Kit 65
    - Bonecraft Kit 70 is misnamed Leathercraft Kit 70

There are a few other standout instances of typos or incorrect naming they've done before, such as Putraxia and Palloritus' Ward KIs being swapped.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I assume you mean every kit 65 and up? Seems like they made some weird error. 65 is ladybug rings which is actually a bonecraft synth but the rest are all leathercraft but appear to say bonecraft. Pretty sure bg wiki got updated from the dats so it probably actually says that at least in the English ones but very doubtful it actually takes bone. Except 65 is all kinds of confusing.
    Thanks for the confirmation, bug report submitted. XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    thats what it sounds like to me, but clearing that floor is impossible for me solo. Maybe its meant groups that have got all the drops from the NMs and still need cards
    I don't believe it's meant to be solo. I believe it's meant to be superior card farming to acquire some +2 gear, and maybe get ready for +3 gear when you think you can attempt a boss. It's more of a stepping stone. Shouldn't look at it through the lens of someone choosing the alt floor over killing a boss, as that's not the intention.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Blu can clear it pretty easily with tons of time to spare. Only things you can't subduction + cleave easily I noticed are the panopts and the fairies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I cleared the alt-floor on DNC+GEO two days ago, completing all but 2 miniobjectives. My DNC got 3 cards while my GEO got 4. I skipped most of the first floor when I completed the objectives.

Yesterday I completed the alt-floor on SMN+GEO yesterday, completing approximately 2 miniobjectives. My SMN got 3 cards and my GEO got 3 >____>. One of those SMN cards came when I killed maybe the last sweetwater monster in the zone. I skipped a Transcendent Leech and hadn't killed the Transcendent rabbit yet.

You might get a card for killing all Sweetwater monsters, which would put the number of possible cards from an alt-4 run at 5.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was in a group where the leader accidentally picked the non-boss path, and I didn't get a card upon clearing every mob on the third floor.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Had you cleared every monster up to that point?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

another option that the "all card" run brings is for those days when you're missing 2 people, and just don't feel like shouting for PuGs. Get your 4 cards instead of possibly dying to a midboss.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Had you cleared every monster up to that point?
    We had.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Drat!

Oh well, at least this means you can go in and do poorly yet still walk away with 3 cards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I did 2 solo runs, first I completed I think every objective it gave me besides a JA one (I tried the two dnc trusts that do steps for this but they didn't do shit, should have just summoned something that provokes), and cleared all mobs (didn't seem to get anything for clearing the bulk of the mobs after objectives were over). I ended up with 5 cards. Second run I only did maybe 1/2 or 2/3 the objectives, but still got 4 cards. I did notice I got 2 cards at once on that run towards the end, which my LS said doesn't happen on the normal path? Not sure if I got a double drop on the first run.

EDIT: I was getting white proc animations sometimes, is that just from completing objectives or what?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

White !! is for completing the floor objective.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone have the new value for distract before dMND?

I assume it is still -10 more eva for a differential of 50 MND above the target, and assume it is still the same value as frazzle (both distract and frazzle 1-3 used to cap at the same, -25,40,-80, only tier III of the spell as changed). While the enfeebling magic cap and dMND might still be correct for distract III on the wiki, the formula has obviously changed, any objections for me moving it to the talk page?