BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Called the whole Moonbow necklace "enjoy spending hundreds of mil for an HQ" situation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So kind of interesting how they say they are raising the effects and skill caps of all songs and raising the effects of effects of +song for all but honor when before they: had a somewhat smaller list of songs (namely carols), they were changing +song that in some ways in enhanced someways gimped some songs, and had said skill and caps which I guess they meant potency and caps bad translation I guess

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So kind of interesting how they say they are raising the effects and skill caps of all songs and raising the effects of effects of +song for all but honor when before they: had a somewhat smaller list of songs (namely carols), they were changing +song that in some ways in enhanced someways gimped some songs, and had said skill and caps which I guess they meant potency and caps bad translation I guess
    You do know what this means, right?

SCIENCE!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

To people who missed it here are the patchnotes detailing on what you need to start on Ygnas Directive. It includes getting a Straw Hat aka all your Moggarden to rank 7.

April 2016 Patchnotes

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    To people who missed it here are the patchnotes detailing on what you need to start on Ygnas Directive. It includes getting a Straw Hat aka all your Moggarden to rank 7.

April 2016 Patchnotes
    I got two words...."fuck" "that"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    You do know what this means, right?

SCIENCE!!!
    Maybe for you... er wait my one mule still has ghorn hmmm my mule brd might be useful again. Bah I'll be too busy getting new soa rings and crafting shields on like 8 different characters. Inbetween overdriving nms of course lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok so Easy intense. Got a Bozzetto Regent and servitor add. Servitor appeared to be very squishy blm main seemed to be pld. Occasionally did Sovereigns edict which seemed like some kind of buff and then normal incursion boss moves. I think the main took more dmg after add dead but can't be sure

VD basically the same thing except 3 servitors making it pretty hard to tribox but adds still seem squishy otherwise

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

VD normal. Spawns add it looked like every 25% or so. When it does that it goes in shell and wont take any dmg until you kill add in like 1 ws. Appeared to take normal dmg from ranged at least with overdrive though def seems a bit high as expected. Somewhat eyeballing but my acc seemed a tad undercapped with a little over 1300 racc. Skillchain dmg looked like it might be a tad higher than normal but nothing crazy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Valor Minuet caps below 425 skill still. It now gives 32 attack base (+3.2 attack per song+1), which goes up to 57 with JPs/merits (but the song+1 addition is unaffected)
    Valor minuet V caps between 850 and 900 skill. At 900 skill, it now gives 124 attack base (+12.4 attack per song+1), which goes up to 149 with JPs/merits (but the song+1 addition is unaffected).
    Water Carol caps above 425 skill at 80 resistance. Each song+1 gives +8 resistance, in accordance with the new rules.
    Water Carol II gives a flat 100 resistance. Song +1 does nothing obvious to it (nor does skill), so I assume it's negation rate.
    Honor March gives 42 Acc/168 Atk now (46/184 at +1), which is the exact same +1 value it used to give.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Water Carol II gives a flat 100 resistance. Song +1 does nothing obvious to it (nor does skill), so I assume it's negation rate.
    That's what notes say.

Also seeing Arciela's angry face is so worth doing these quests

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sword madrigal caps below 435 skill and gives 45 Acc base (50 with merits) and +4.5 Acc/song+1.
    Blade madrigal caps above 435 skill and gives 60 Acc base (65 with merits) and +6 Acc/song+1.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Byrth,

Are wind and singing no longer combined to cap songs? If so that may be tough to cap them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're combined. I was just testing without an instrument to ballpark how high the caps were. So far I suspect 900 skill is only required for Honor March and Valor Minuet V.

Valor Minuet II caps below 435 skill and gives 64 Atk base (+6.4 Atk/song+1), with an additional +25 from JPs/merits.
    Valor Minuet III caps a little above 435 skill and gives 96 Atk base (+9.6 Atk/song+1), with an additional +25 from JPs/merits.
    Valor Minuet III caps above 435 skill and gives 112 Atk base (+11.2 Atk/song+1), with an additional +25 from JPs/merits.

So, with Song+7, 5 merits, and 20 JPs:
    Minuet III : 188 Atk
    Minuet IV : 215 Atk
    Minuet V : 235 Atk

With Song+8, 5 merits:
    Sword Madrigal : 86 Acc
    Blade Madrigal : 113 Acc

With Song+3:
    Honor March : 218 Atk (327 with Marcato)
    Honor March : 54 Acc (81 with Marcato)

We'd predict SV Minuet III/IV/V with Blade Madrigal and Honor March with the above song+ to give us: 1712 Atk, 334 Acc

I'll note that these buffs are before % boosts are applied.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Given +song is now percentage it might be possible it adds with things like marcato/sv instead of multiplies

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sheepfoe Mambo caps below 435 skill at 48 Evasion
    Dragonfoe Mambo caps above 435 skill at 72 evasion

So song+7 gives you about 200 evasion. SV song+7 would be 400 evasion. That honestly might be getting close to where it needs to be.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Given +song is now percentage it might be possible it adds with things like marcato/sv instead of multiplies
    Nope!
    Valor Minuet V +0: 149
    Marcato Valor Minuet V +0: 225
    Valor Minuet V +5: 211
    Marcato Valor Minuet V +5: 316

We're still good.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I thought Star Sibyl gave MAB?
    Small amount of both, with a single buff icon appearing though.

The issue wherein the attributes of the following items did not function properly.
    Teller / Holliday / Shulmanu Collar / Moonbow Belt / Moonbow Belt +1
    Wut?
    Wonder waht was "broken" in those stats...

The glassy gorger, glassy think, and glassy craver have undergone the following adjustments.
    Maximum HP decreased / Maximum HP increased /
    Ehr?
    Can someone check the JP notes to understand what they fucked up in the translation?

Also they left outside Ballad, Paeon, Etude and the status resistance songs from the adjustment. I wonder why?
    Ballad I can understand, Paeon sucks, could've used a small adjustment.
    Etude too, despite the recent adjustment they still suck, a small buff would've been more than welcome honestly
    Status resistance songs will keep being as useless as they were before, no big deal.

That said from what they've mentioned it wont be quite as good.
    Why? I think it will be exactely the same +3 skill, with the difference that Eschuteons will apply to a single profession, Kupo Shield applies to everything, which might be useful for subcrafts sometimes? I dunno.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eschuteons come up with something special and unique, like synth math loss or synth success+ x%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hunter's Prelude caps above 435 skill at 45 RAcc.
    Archer's Prelude caps above 435 skill at 60 RAcc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Why? I think it will be exactely the same +3 skill, with the difference that Eschuteons will apply to a single profession, Kupo Shield applies to everything, which might be useful for subcrafts sometimes? I dunno.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eschuteons come up with something special and unique, like synth math loss or synth success+ x%
    Why do you ask why then answer your own question lol?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Knight's Minne caps below 435 skill at 30 DEF
    Knight's Minne II caps below 435 skill at 69 DEF
    Knight's Minne III caps at approximately 435 skill at 108 DEF
    Knight's Minne IV caps above 435 skill at 164 DEF
    Knight's Minne V caps above 435 skill at 204 DEF

As with minuet, JPs (and probably merits) are added on top of song+ percentage potency boosts.