Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Ehr?
    Can someone check the JP notes to understand what they fucked up in the translation?
    Apparently, they lowered the maximum HP and increased the maximum MP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ygnas Directive #5:

- Talk to Ploh at the Castle Gates
    - Door in Inventors
    - Contemplation Site at the north docks in West Adoulin
    - ??? at Yorcia (I-7) right next to an Eregon Locus
    - back to Ploh to finish and get the option to start #6

Reward: 20x HP bayld

Ygnas Directive #6:

- Zaffeld (J-8)
    - Yorcia Occultist Footprints (J-6)
    - Click and 2nd time to enter a BC !

Spoiler: show
    Gramk-Droog and all his Incursion NMs at the same time inlcuding the BST Puk. Trusts work. Sleep works. Gravity doesn't. Two NPC "Helpers" - they are in quotation marks because they love to wake up your NMs. They use all their stuff you got to love from Incursion including 2hrs. Took me about 10 minutes to solo it on my SCH.

http://i.imgur.com/LpilDaa.jpg

- Back to Ploh

Reward: 30x HP bayld + Ygnas's Insignia KI

- Talk to Runje Desaali (J-10)

She will now give you new options and offer to reforge your Adoulin Ring for the low price of 100x HP Bayld.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Why do you ask why then answer your own question lol?
    How did I do that?
    I asked a question to you, not myself, and further proceeded to explain why I was disagreeing with that line of yours I quoted

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    She will now give you new options and offer to reforge your Adoulin Ring for the low price of 100x HP Bayld.
    Ouch!
    Well at least you get 50 from the quests.
    I assume you can enter with other people right? Should be fairly easy if you're not solo.

You talk about "reforge", does that mean if you wanna get a different +1 from the NQ you have, you need to pay the 300k bayld and exchange it before?
    Wonder if after you get the HQ you can still exhange between them for a bayld price.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How did I do that?
    I asked a question to you, not myself, and further proceeded to explain why I was disagreeing with that line of yours I quoted
    You explained exactly how it would be slightly worse...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ouch!
    Well at least you get 50 from the quests.
    I assume you can enter with other people right? Should be fairly easy if you're not solo.

You talk about "reforge", does that mean if you wanna get a different +1 from the NQ you have, you need to pay the 300k bayld and exchange it before?
    Wonder if after you get the HQ you can still exhange between them for a bayld price.
    Yes can enter with people. Hates kind of weird though like incursion. Like you can send a pet on one without aggroing... and then things will start attacking people at random. npcs rather durable but can die and then game over. Nothing has too much hp though. Did tri bst and most everything but main died in 2 tegmina buffets and the rest died with 3rd

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You explained exactly how it would be slightly worse...
    You mean the "doesn't apply to subcrafts" part? But I'm not sure there are many recipes where that would make a tier difference though.

About the Quest BC, Tychefm said they can be slept, I assume Lullaby should work as well then? On all NMs? If so it should be easy to NiTro everything for 7+ mins of sleep and kill them one by one.
    Wonder if I can do that solo with my BRD, a tank trust and something else.
    The problem of doing this Solo is that they stand too far away for the range of Horde Lullaby 2 to catch them all, probably. So you would need to cast multiple times I guess, and hope you survive in between

Anybody has a rough estimate of how much the HQ BRD neck is gonna cost? I think it's gonna be ~400 mils on Asura. It's like what, 6-10 mils of mats per attempt (granted mats prices will be higher during the first weeks of course), with a uhm ~1-2% HQ rate? Ungh... It's like farming gil for a new Ergon or a new Mythic. Can't say I was looking forward to do that, wonder how many months it's gonna take me to get one...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You mean the "doesn't apply to subcrafts" part? But I'm not sure there are many recipes where that would make a tier difference though.
    Anybody has a rough estimate of how much the HQ BRD neck is gonna cost? I think it's gonna be ~400 mils on Asura. It's like what, 6-10 mils of mats per attempt (granted mats prices will be higher during the first weeks of course), with a uhm ~1-2% HQ rate?
    Hence the slightly. If it was something that applied to all crafts I'd say it would be much worse. Downgrade that is like only 2 skill

Pricing the first synth looks like it would be around 1.4 mil per synth assuming you got crystals laying around (you probably do). Then that + price of Moonbow Urushi, Moonbow Stone (should be sem plentiful too though) X100ish. So gunna jack prices on them though

And about exchanging rings yes you still can do so at Ploh but it appears like you will only get the nq and will probably have to pay the 100 hpbs again too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Craft stuff:
    * Talk "Mewk Chorosap" near the wandering galka in Port Jeuno.
    * Synth wearing the shield to decrease the success rate penalty (starts at -30, scaling linearly to 0 at 100% completion)
    * As you synth (every 2-4 synths?) the condition requested by the shield will change.
    * You move towards completion in this way, getting a bonus for meeting the shield's conditions.
    * You can go get unique dialogue from your guild master by trading him the shield now, but it isn't necessary.
    ** The guild master will tell you that you need 4 ingredients, 1 of which is obtained from the guildmaster and 3 of which come from the new GP seller in your guild in order to attempt to synth your upgraded shield.

It's something like this, but it might depend on how far into the process you are:
    NQ not meeting conditions: 0%
    HQ1 not meeting conditions: 0.5%
    HQ2/3 not meeting conditions: 0.66%

NQ meeting conditions: 0.33%
    HQ1 meeting conditions: 1%
    HQ2/3 meeting conditions: 1.66%

Conditions I have seen:
    Craft with dark crystals
    Craft on firesday
    craft with fire crystals
    Craft veteran recipes
    Craft with >5 materials
    Use 7+ materials
    Craft artisan/adept recipes
    Craft Journeyman/Craftsman recipes
    Craft Expert or higher recipes
    Craft Recruit/Initiate recipes
    Craft Novice/Apprentice recipes
    Perform a synthesis
    No condition (everything counts)
    Craft between 18:00 and 5:59
    Use 3+ materials

After getting your shield to 100%, take it to the guild master. Trade it to him once or twice depending on whether you traded it to him before. He'll trade you a Craftsman Crystal: <craftname> and reduce your completion back to 66.66%.

In order to get the Crafter Points necessary to buy the other two ingredients from the novel NPC in your guild, you must trade in personally manufactured "Crafter sets," which are crafter kits that you make yourself using the new Analysis Crystals that were introduced with this patch. So instead of using water crystal + Alchemy kit 80 to make a Stun Knife, you use Fluid Crystal + Cermet Knife + Paralysis Potion + Animal Glue to make an Alchemy set 80, which you then turn in for points.

You need to buy two 3000 "Crafter Point" items and one 5000 Crafter Point item.

When you synth Crafter Sets, which don't stack, they have an associated Quality rating. For Alchemy sets 80, the points rewarded are:
    NQ: 52-62
    HQ1: 80-87
    HQ2: 95-104
    HQ3: 119

You trade these in one at a time for Crafter points (Quality is the crafter point value you receive), which SE sometimes inconsistently and confusingly refers to as Guild Points. So you're trading 5400 GP for 12 crystals, which most likely make 12 sets. 12 sets can be turned in for about 720 crafter points. You need 11,000 crafter points, so that's about 80k GP. Lower level Sets give fewer points, so your ratio of GP to CP goes down. Making level 70+ sets is probably the way to go.

Campaign
    BG Level

Crystal 300k
    Coral 1,2m
    Orb 250k
    Moon Stone 1,5m
    Moon Urushi 1,5m

Those are the prices I expect in 1-2 months from now. Rounded up.
    Might take more than 1-2 months for prices to normalize to those values, depends on the Demand (number of BRDs interested) vs amount of people succesfully completing Omen Runs and hence bringing mats on the market (which should go a tiny bit up over the upcoming weeks)
    Took bit less than 1 month for Moonbow Belt prices to normalize to those levels, I think it's logical to assume it will take longer for Moonbow Whistle given how there likely are more BRDs interested in the neck than MNK/PUP interested in the belt.

In a scenario with those rounded up normalized prices, it would be a bit less than 5 mils per attempt. So ~500 mils for each HQ. From this you'd have to subtract the price of 99 NQs which I think you should be able to sell not well maybe but at least decently? (high demand) Shouldn't be forced to NPC them. Even at 2mils for each NQ whistle, that would still be ~200 mils recovered.
    Considering this and considering how the recipe seems a bit cheaper than the Moonbow Belt one, maybe it's not that unlikely to assume HQ price should be around 300 mils in a month or two?
    Maybe...

That's still a ton of gil, especially for a job who already has to spend a ton in 4 different RMEAs and gear. Plus here you have the problem that you can have all the gil in the world in your wallet, but if you can't find an HQ on the market all your gill will mean nothing.
    Pretty sad things had to come to this. I wasn't expecting nor demanding a cheap/free item, but there's a whole lot of balance space between that and a 300+ mils T0 item, gdi...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Kei is one of the harder ones to kill, I think. Moonbow stone might be 1.5mil, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Moonbow Urushi was closer to 3mil.

Also, 300mil? I was offered 600mil for Moonbow Belt +1 within a day of making it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Kei is the only one I never tried to do so far. It's complex with melee setup, we didn't even bother and saving it for when we'll have to go with mage jobs.
    I thought he was pretty easy with mage jobs?

Checking at Asura Prices, all of the Moonbow items were around ~500k before today's patch. All except the Cloth, which drops from Kyou and that was at 1,5m.
    I guess that's because the cloth is used for Moonbow Belt? Or because PUGs do find Kyou harder than other bosses? Maybe both reasons? I really have no means to gauge how difficult each boss is for an average Omen group.
    Kyou always looked one of the easiest for me, granted you do need a smart and fast WHM, and that bad luck in the succession of Kyou TP moves can potentially make things nasty.

Edit:
    Moonbow Belt can't be the only reason why Cloth's price was 3 times higher than the other 4 moonbow mats. Moonbow Belt uses 2 more Moon mats, and those were 500k like all the others, so it doesn't make sense. There has to be another reason.
    Maybe average people really do have a statistically lower win rate on Kyou than other bosses, maybe Kyou has drops people are not interested in on average (so they fight him less)?
    I can't think of anything else, I'm not really smart with these market-related things.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Craft stuff:
    Use 3+ materials
    just got 0.83 from a hq3 without condition i guess, but i don't see any condition anywhere so i have no idea what to craft for now

edit : 2 craft later, condition popped up

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you see no condition, anything is "on condition," I think.

Also, I went playing around in memory to see if I could update the extdata lib to be compatible with the shield augments. I found this:
    Code:
    header: 07
    second byte: objective
    next 2 bytes little-endian encode current completion
    Next byte encodes the multiplier for the current completion
    1 = 0.03333%
    2 = 0.025%
    3 = 0.02%
    4 = 0.01%
    So it implies there are 4 stages that require progressively more synths.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Craft stuff:
    * Talk "Mewk Chorosap" near the wandering galka in Port Jeuno.
    * Synth wearing the shield to decrease the success rate penalty (starts at -30, scaling linearly to 0 at 100% completion)
    * As you synth (every 2-4 synths?) the condition requested by the shield will change.
    * You move towards completion in this way, getting a bonus for meeting the shield's conditions.
    * You can go get unique dialogue from your guild master by trading him the shield now, but it isn't necessary.
    ** The guild master will tell you that you need 4 ingredients, 1 of which is obtained from the guildmaster and 3 of which come from the new GP seller in your guild.

It's something like this, but it might depend on how far into the process you are:
    NQ not meeting conditions: 0%
    HQ1 not meeting conditions: 0.5%
    HQ2/3 not meeting conditions: 0.66%

NQ meeting conditions: 0.33%
    HQ1 meeting conditions: 1%
    HQ2/3 meeting conditions: 1.66%

Conditions I have seen:
    Craft with dark crystals
    Craft on firesday
    craft with fire crystals
    Craft veteran recipes
    Craft with >5 materials
    Use 7+ materials
    Craft artisan/adept recipes
    Craft Journeyman/Craftsman recipes
    Craft Expert or higher recipes
    Craft Recruit/Initiate recipes
    Craft Novice/Apprentice recipes
    Perform a synthesis
    No condition (everything counts)
    Craft between 18:00 and 5:59
    Use 3+ materials

After getting your shield to 100%, take it to the guild master. Trade it to him once or twice depending on whether you traded it to him before. He'll trade you a Craftsman Crystal: <craftname> and reduce your completion back to 66.66%.

In order to get the Crafter Points necessary to buy the other two ingredients from the novel NPC in your guild, you must trade in personally manufactured "Crafter sets," which are crafter kits that you make yourself using the new Analysis Crystals that were introduced with this patch. So instead of using water crystal + Alchemy kit 80 to make a Stun Knife, you use Fluid Crystal + Cermet Knife + Paralysis Potion + Animal Glue to make an Alchemy set 80, which you then turn in for points.

You need to buy two 3000 "Crafter Point" items and one 5000 Crafter Point item.
    Woodworking:
    Craft with Fire/Water/Wind/Earth crystals... I *THINK* there was a Lightning crystal, but I don't remember for sure.
    Craft on Firesday
    The same skill-range groupings Byrthnoth listed
    I've seen both Craft and night (18-5:59) and day (6-17:59)
    Same with the use materials (also had 5+)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So my shield started with "Synthesis success rate -30". does it legit make it harder to craft with it on when u start?

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So my shield started with "Synthesis success rate -30". does it legit make it harder to craft with it on when u start?
    Yes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Use Kitrons and spam a low level synth to get points on the shield, but those points are less important than building up Crafter Points.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Am I missing anything or at the end of the day this shield really only affects level 112/92/72 synths once its done

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Am I missing anything or at the end of the day this shield really only affects level 112/92/72 synths once its done
    Well they did say its not done yet, more in future updates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast