Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, was just noting that the nerf was to more than to just their MACC and MEVA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Yeah, was just noting that the nerf was to more than to just their MACC and MEVA.
    I think you missed the combat skills part... that said it is slightly surprising (though not too much as they aren't great with little details) that they did lowered defensive ones too. Given the stated intent only offensive should've been adjusted

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The intent was to lower magic evasion and magic accuracy, it's possible their spaghetti code wouldn't allow that to be done on such a wide amount of NMs without lowering combat skills (which contributes to both their magic accuracy and magic evasion, much like players have a hidden magic evasion skill) or it was probably too much work for them to manually go to each and every enemy and edit them manually so they did a blanket reduction in monster combat skill to reduce the aforementioned magic accuracy/magic evasion without having to do anything else (though obviously it'll have a side effect of lowering their evasion, attack, accuracy etc. too)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well there is no blanket macc stat. So having to do magic skills for spells and offensive for magical tp moves makes sense. But as far as we know defensive combat skills don't have anything to do with meva and it was always thought to do with lvl and besides they mention lowering meva specifically.

Could be they just overlooked defensive skills or that there just is no easy way to adjust specific combat skills since a lot of mobs from what I recall were basically given blanket stats based job lvl very similar to how players are and then they can adjust things like acc eva etc based on mob types and for nms whatever they want to give

Anyone get to testing Distract III yet?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This means mob accuracy probably dropped too. With our potential 400 evasion mambos, I wonder if it's actually possible to evade high level enemies again.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This means mob accuracy probably dropped too. With our potential 400 evasion mambos, I wonder if it's actually possible to evade high level enemies again.
    oh wow, I think the last time I was able to just go pure evade was abyssea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    idk weren't mobs still capped with full evasion sets/buffs and flash before? I wouldn't be surprised if SE didn't have some direct hit rate addition. To the T1 mobs! Question is will it be worth it...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Kin was hitting noticeably weaker with is AoEs, and 1250 accuracy was sufficient to cap hit rate (as opposed to ~1350 before the update). It seems the Omen caturae were nerfed a decent a bit.
    Are you counting food/buffs? I had issues when I fell below 1475~ish but that might have been Kyou.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Are you counting food/buffs? I had issues when I fell below 1475~ish but that might have been Kyou.
    My group never does accuracy related buffs/debuffs on Kin (other than Food and self buffs) because he's less evasive than most of the others. I noticed that I was still (roughly) accuracy capped even when my self ACC buffs wore and I was in my DT set, which puts me at ~1250.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    idk weren't mobs still capped with full evasion sets/buffs and flash before? I wouldn't be surprised if SE didn't have some direct hit rate addition. To the T1 mobs! Question is will it be worth it...
    It might be. BRD + NIN is a powerful duo combo again, but I suppose you could also just use marches.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    not just them. Most eg stuff had related stats decreased to make up for fixing the values of geo macc/meva stuff
    About this I was wondering... they mentioned SoA / Legion / Escha / Omen zones.
    But did they nerf UNM and HTBF too? Because otherwise some of those fights are probably harder now than they were before...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ygnas quest fight for the ring upgrade is easy to solo on blu, cleaved them to death on first attempt with 1hr polar roar spam, bind stuck on everything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So kyou enpetri/curse seemed to proc a bit less often. Before with my autos they'd constantly be cursed then wrecked with a spell or petrified and doing nothing so think the best I had gotten was like down to 25% in like 25 minutes because of that and the guaranteed deaths while also wasting a ton of oils riding timers to keep them actually attacking. Today got it to around 3% in 15-20 min... was going well despite all the meteor spam at the end and then bam random draw in into aoe move. Still noticeably easier plus easier mid boss mean I got there with like 35 min

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quetz can't hit me in my normal TP set. His Acc is even shittier now than it was.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

fml just realized I had ashitacast off all day making things a tad harder. No wonder my repairs didn't seem to be curing ailments lol.

Also noticed something weird since the update... my autos ws seem to be missing more often even on completely shit tier lvl 100 stuff. Like with 99% acc you rarely saw misses unless your acc was bad but now it looks about what normal players cap is

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Did solo omen again, got kill all transcended, looks like I saw all the mobs last time the mobs are in groups that aren't mixed up, going counter clockwise Unseelie, Panopts, Porxie, ladybug, Vultures, Lizards, Mandies, Rabbits. again no omens when killing mobs. I was able to get 3 cards again today, odd thing was I got 2 of them at same time which never happened before. When I killed last transcended mob and completed that objective which made portal appear I got 2 cards

So it seems consistent, choose to go into small light, you get 30 min, you get main objective and 10 timed ones 6-7 easy ones, 3-4 hard ones. with 600 sec to finish them. the 8 mob groups have plenty of room to go around them and they are far enough apart where they will never mix. the entrance and exit are in the large gap between rabbits and unseelie. again the exit just spit me out nothing special.

edited last post to change corpslights to panopts, Since i didn't get close enough last time to confirm mob type i just asumed floating ball was corpselights

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

On the topic of weird cards on floor alt-3, our BRD got a card on a regular kill about 15 minutes into the floor (no objectives active at that point). Meant they came out a card ahead of everyone else. Seemed odd as there was no objective with it, so if the "Omens gives cards" holds true, it looks like they still count even if not displaying.
    I don't have a screenshot, but will try and get a chat log.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    On the topic of weird cards on floor alt-3, our BRD got a card on a regular kill about 15 minutes into the floor (no objectives active at that point). Meant they came out a card ahead of everyone else. Seemed odd as there was no objective with it, so if the "Omens gives cards" holds true, it looks like they still count even if not displaying.
    I don't have a screenshot, but will try and get a chat log.
    I was dual boxing THF and BRD with a full group, so I don't remember when it happened but I know I had two cards after the timer ran out on objectives on floor alt-3, but I exited with four cards after killing everything (the main objective) with one card happening at the death of the last mob. So I definitely think there's something to this omen count as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by znitch View Post
    So I definitely think there's something to this omen count as well.
    that or its something about this Alt-3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Normal Ambuscade Turtle gets magic shield while in it's shell too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast