BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    White !! is for completing the floor objective.
    I had a white !! as I was still calling trusts the other day right when I entered. Also skillchains using weapon skills don't work for me anymore since the update, it doesn't complete that objective ever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    I had a white !! as I was still calling trusts the other day right when I entered. Also skillchains using weapon skills don't work for me anymore since the update, it doesn't complete that objective ever.
    That just means you got a free floor and completed the objective immediately.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Anyone have the new value for distract before dMND?

I assume it is still -10 more eva for a differential of 50 MND above the target, and assume it is still the same value as frazzle (both distract and frazzle 1-3 used to cap at the same, -25,40,-80, only tier III of the spell as changed). While the enfeebling magic cap and dMND might still be correct for distract III on the wiki, the formula has obviously changed, any objections for me moving it to the talk page?
    Follow up: moved the old formula over to the talk page.

I am not a mathematician, but a post on AH.com I found on distract so far was 594 enfeebling skill and capped dMND, gave -155 evasion.

The old formula was: Potency = [Floor(4/21)(Enfeebling Skill - 190)] + Floor(dMND/5); where dMND/5 caps at 0 and 10.

Changing that to Floor(4/11) with that enfeebling skill gives it a total of -156 evasion. Which, is obviously incorrect, but I would need numbers from other people to try and correct that, assuming the -190 enfeebling skill remains unchanged. Big assumption I suppose, but they probably didn't raise the enfeebling cap (610 skill), and this probably didn't change how much it subtracts from skill to multiple by the first divisor there.

I would want to see the value from someone capped on enfeebling skill if anyone has a RDM like that.

EDIT: Doing testing right now. I see now that Saevels quick blurb of -155 value includes +24 potency gear and perfectly lines up with the other testing. It would have helped if he said that.

EDITEDIT: Testing done, new formula found, I will make a seperate thread for this (doing QD testing in relation to burn and distract/frazzle(assuming frazzle)) though.

Thread

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Also skillchains using weapon skills don't work for me anymore since the update, it doesn't complete that objective ever.
    Trusts never counted for me towards SC, not even my avatar would count. Even before update, I had to be the one closing.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Have the Omen 'nerfs' made PUP tanking easier on the main NMs outside of Fu? I have heard some were difficult for automatons to tank and I was wondering if I should build a specific setup for each NM rather than using the usual Valoredge or Harle body.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Have the Omen 'nerfs' made PUP tanking easier on the main NMs outside of Fu? I have heard some were difficult for automatons to tank and I was wondering if I should build a specific setup for each NM rather than using the usual Valoredge or Harle body.
    We've kill all except Kin with PUPx2, SMNx2, COR, GEO setup prior to the update. I'm the COR in this setup so I'm not sure what PUPs are doing but they tank all of them fine with companion roll up.

Double PUP is needed for Kyou and Kei for sure. Kyou the PUPs line up in such a way that only one will eat the conal while the SMN Volt Strike it down. Kei COR and GEO help keep regen down and the PUPs setup skill chain with tank and ranger frame. Be ready to reengage after Dancing Fullers as we've never had much luck pulling the pups back. Better to have the PUP tank with a good voke set run in and get it tanking again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Survivability is about the same. Not "tanking" precisely but since the update I've triboxed Fu, Kyou, and Gin using 2 sharpshots and a cor pretty easily. Well Kyou's kind of a pain. Bravado aside trying to keep up dmg usually requires some amount of attention since constant curse means you need repairs sometimes when not using a strictly tanking setup and the petrification is pretty annoying. Could probably do Kei too but doesn't really have drops I'm looking for and a little busy to try and figure out a new boss right now. Kyou seems a tad easier I think because of acc not sure and enpetrify seems to hit not as often or I just had bad runs preupdate.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello,

I played this game from 2004-2010. best game ever. I'm trying to find a game similar before they increased cap over 75.

FFXIV is not like this game. Its a shit game compared to XI, no community, just put up DF and you're in a raid collecting currency for items that are obsolete every 3 months so I can do these little 4 person raids more.

FFXIV story is good and is the only reason I play because I enjoy FF games, however XI I played mainly because it was so addicting.... I get bored of FFXIV an hour of playing... please help..also FFXIV music sucks and is so repetitive

I enjoyed being in a endgame LS for SEA/SKY and limbus... as well as Dynamis. The big man raids in FFXIV are lame to be honest.. maybe just the game is lame?

binding coil of bahamut was fun until t9 where there is weird ass stuff going on with the dragons? like wtf... stupid

Any suggestions?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ballin View Post
    Hello,

I played this game from 2004-2010. best game ever. I'm trying to find a game similar before they increased cap over 75.

FFXIV is not like this game. Its a shit game compared to XI, no community, just put up DF and you're in a raid collecting currency for items that are obsolete every 3 months so I can do these little 4 person raids more.

FFXIV story is good and is the only reason I play because I enjoy FF games, however XI I played mainly because it was so addicting.... I get bored of FFXIV an hour of playing... please help..also FFXIV music sucks and is so repetitive

I enjoyed being in a endgame LS for SEA/SKY and limbus... as well as Dynamis. The big man raids in FFXIV are lame to be honest.. maybe just the game is lame?

binding coil of bahamut was fun until t9 where there is weird ass stuff going on with the dragons? like wtf... stupid

Any suggestions?
    Yeah, FFXI.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't catch the pre-99 part.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hello,

Any suggestions?
    there are tons of private servers

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hello,

Any suggestions?
    75 Cap isn't coming back. So while you could play on a private server which attempts to emulate it. It won't matter because it is gone, and doesn't address your community aspect.

Just play FFXI now. I didn't understand the logic of the Abyssea era rage quits over the cap and I still don't now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hello,

Any suggestions?
    There's still some LS that do events but the better ones aren't recruiting, or you need to really put in the effort to gear. It's possible to solo-duo a lot...but the rest will use 6-10. The servers are a lot more barren so it's basically skilled group or bust or go solo, as it's hard to get a full ally that's geared enough to hit the top end fights that can't be solod

You can start out with some ambuscade gear to solo a bit of escha and older content. But the ultimate weapons and the gear you need to join those LS will cost hundreds of mil. It hasn't been real friendly to returning players since early Adoulin

But no, 75 isn't coming back. I haven't tried a private server but i doubt they're very populated. Just enjoy the memories...I don't think there will be anything like it again due to proliferation of casual online games where you don't ever need a static group of 30 people. Everyone wants to just hit "quickmatch" so that's how games are made now. Even WoW raids have been taken over by 5 man option. If you want a community...go make real friends who happen to play the same games. If one thing 11 has taught me, online friends aren't reliable at all. They disappear so fast once your common interest fades. So it stands to reason if a game doesn't force you to team up with many others on a regular basis, and it's challenging so you want complementary skillset, why bother with a sky/sea setup that will just slow you down? And those games just don't exist any more. FFXI today is the closest, but a lot emptier than the old days and just as grindy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Level 25 kit:
    NQ 16~18
    HQ1: 24~26
    HQ2: ???
    HQ3: ???

Level 80 kit:
    NQ: 52-62
    HQ1: 80-87
    HQ2: 95-104
    HQ3: 119

Level 95 kit:
    NQ: 61-73
    HQ1: 92-101
    HQ2: 112-121
    HQ3: ???

The ranges seem to expand at higher levels, so what we're looking for is likely a multiplier term.

It is something like:
    NQ seems to be 65% to 78% of the set's level
    HQ1 gives 97% to 108.75% of the set's level (+30%)
    HQ2 gives 118% to 128% of the set's level (+50%)
    The one observed HQ3 gave 149% of the set's level (+70% or +80%)

If you use the average of these ranges with a value of 1.5 for HQ3s, assume max level and support, etc. you get these average point values for the different sets:
    25 : 22.6484375
    30 : 27.178125
    35 : 31.7078125
    40 : 36.2375
    45 : 40.7671875
    50 : 45.296875
    55 : 49.8265625
    60 : 54.35625
    65 : 58.8859375
    70 : 63.415625
    75 : 75.10546875
    80 : 80.1125
    85 : 85.11953125
    90 : 90.1265625
    95 : 101.9357422

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So what I'm getting from this is, always go for the highest level kit that you can reasonably acquire mats for, to get the best points per crystal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Seems that way. I was thinking there might be an advantage to targeting T2+ kits (90 and below) because they HQ more often, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was doing Smithing Set 71 and I was getting
    NQ: 46-52
    HQ1: 60s-70s
    HQ2: 80s-90s
    HQ3: 100s Think 105 was the highest I got.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7