+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After format issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

After format issues

Has anyone ever had this happen before? I was playing vidya when suddenly the screen glitches into black, and pc crashed. Afterwords, I couldn't get my pc to boot into Windows, giving me a driver error and not being to display anything that isn't low resolution vga. I could boot into safe mode though, so I saved some things and decided to format. While formatting, my screen couldn't do more than that low res vga nonsense, and after format it's the same deal.

Now here's the real head scratcher. After format, my video still outputs with glitches all over the place. My bios splash looks messed up, and any line of text is shown with spelling errors of some kind. It's not so bad that I cant figure out what I'm doing, but then when Windows loads (with the same low res), the username I created during format is not there. Instead, it asks me for my username and password like I was on a network. I've never had a problem like this before, can anyone she'd some light for me? I'm thinking it's a memory issue, maybe ram? I don't hear any error beeps when booting though =(

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Well, RAM problems could be ruled out by running memtest86(+) for a few hours. But to me it sounds more like your GPU is dieing... Are you using a separate GPU or the one included in the CPU?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Separate, old as shit HD6850. I wasn't ready to upgrade the whole thing, but I guess I might as well now.