1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Calling the death of MNK already is all kinds of retarded lol. We have no clue what changes they'll make to existing classes let alone how good the new ones will function not to mention whatever battle system changes they got planned that can disrupt the meta. Either way, I'm jumping on the SAM train to 70 then go from there. Good thing I still have all my lvl 50-60 MNK gear.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    actually in FFXI every DPS that could hold hate (by DPSing) and knew how to swap gear was a tank. and every mage that could cast cure IV with enough cure potency was a healer, its just after adoulin with all the adjustments that tanks and real healers (as in whm) are needed in endgame.

I am not holding my breath for new battle mechanics, and i guess leveling will be done in PotD if you try to lvl rdm or sam because queue times. Now knowing the Devs they will be dumb and nerf PotD experience past lvl 60... I really really hope they arent that dumb ._.
    Don't agree with you on the tank thing at all. At certain times and at certain points in the game other classes could tank. Hell I remember bard tanking. Monk tanking in Abyss each etc. They usually nerfed the hell out of it. My main point being though there are crap loads more DPS to incorporate than tanks or healers. Much as I'd love a new way to heal, I can handle not having a new healing class. I do want to know about the battle changes ASAP though.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Watch, they're going to say, we're allowing parties up to 5 now, 3 dps/tank/healer. Raids will be 10 man. BARANCE! BATTRE SYSTEM OVERHAURU!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I main mnk, and i really am not liking this possibility of SAM killing mnk, we'll see what's up, i guess i'm definitely going to lvl SAM which was my plan anyways. Weren't they saying something about making jobs branch out into different styles of play now? Like an actual DPS PLD that isn't involving sword oath?
    Don't worry SAM will reach its full potential first in 4.4.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some are suprised it was SAM but I was nearly sure it was gonna be SAM one way or another. It might be another DPS but it also makes sense as only MNK and DRG are using STR as a main stat and only SMN and BLM for INT. With thr new jobs now each major stat has 3 Jobs associated with each. Orthard was a big suprise though though HW was confined to ishgard theyre starting to move the dynamic to a more global setting by introducing a full map of hydalen and opening up othard. Looks like by opening up a front in the far east that they take the pressure off eorzea

Will be interesting to say the least.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Honestly folks calling the death of a class based on just the information of another DPS class is full pants on head stupid IMO. Let's wait and see what balance changes actually are. They could actually remove debuffs all together which would open shit up for sure. We'll see.

I'll be on SAM regardless bc I played that shit for years and plspls gimme a HD Gekko I can spam LOL.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I don't recall SE ever mentioning the resist downs (correct me if I'm wrong), but it would just seem like the smartest thing to do at this point. It was a neat idea when we only had 9 jobs but now it's just going to be really difficult to balance around.

Its speculation, but its the only answer to the party balance issues.

The current Meta DRK,WAR,DRG,NIN,MCH,BRD,AST,SCH all buff one another, outside of DRK and SCH, both of which benefit heavily from the other 6 jobs.

MNK,BLM,SMN are all left out because they don't bring as much to the table beyond their own DPS and in MNKs case actually can hinder other jobs DPS.

Removing Resist down would really open up job selection, especially as things get more complicated with RDM and SAM.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

How does monk hinder other dps?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

A monk without greased lightning is a wasted party slot, so you are forced to depend on that monk to remain on a single target for as long as possible so they are given some sort of special priority to ignore or eat mechanics or move bosses to certain locations to make it so it's harder for them to lose their GL3.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I mean, DRG kinda got a similar raw deal with Blood of the Dragon, but i'll admit it's not as bad as GL stacks falling off, still #DeleteMonk :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's this BS about being able to predict everything and that they won't change much with balance adjustments? 2 of the jobs in the current meta (AST and MCH) were completely excluded from endgame setups before they received some serious buffs.
    Removing BRD from the equation also hurt mage DPS jobs in general resulting in a big shift compared to ARR.
    We have 2 new jobs here+ a cross class system reform on top of new skills and balance changes to old ones. If they managed to shake the meta with patches they sure as hell can with an expansion release.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can 100% assure you, they're going still going to use B4B, Internal release, Invigorate and Raging Strikes. "REFORMED"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I can 100% assure you, they're going still going to use B4B, Internal release, Invigorate and Raging Strikes. "REFORMED"
    But that's not the reform they're talking about. Removing certain skills from current jobs to be put in a pool of shared skills is the cross class change.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Idk why everyone is so worried about leveling or not being able to level in potd. Sure it's a pain if you only take the dungeon route but I mean come on. If the jobs start at 50: eat your food, put on your fc exp buff, pop your xp+ manuals, get your centurio bills every day, do your gnath and vanu quests for xp (plus probably the new beast tribe quests as well), have fun with the new fates until you get so sick of looking at them you want to throw up, make sure you're getting that sweet sidequest xp on the new jobs. It is ridiculously easy to level in this game nowadays. I'm sure they will also introduce other new ways of leveling jobs besides dungeons, because they always do.

Also who the fuck would be salty about going to Doma? Jesus.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Blitzball whyyyy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    How does monk hinder other dps?
    MNK having no enmity reduction.

This means tanks use more Emnity combos/tank stance, big DPS loss for PLD and DRK. Or it means NIN gives them shade, which again means tanks using more enmity combos/tank stance for swaps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Idk why everyone is so worried about leveling or not being able to level in potd. Sure it's a pain if you only take the dungeon route but I mean come on. If the jobs start at 50: eat your food, put on your fc exp buff, pop your xp+ manuals, get your centurio bills every day, do your gnath and vanu quests for xp (plus probably the new beast tribe quests as well), have fun with the new fates until you get so sick of looking at them you want to throw up, make sure you're getting that sweet sidequest xp on the new jobs. It is ridiculously easy to level in this game nowadays. I'm sure they will also introduce other new ways of leveling jobs besides dungeons, because they always do.

Also who the fuck would be salty about going to Doma? Jesus.
    Yeah, I don't get that. It's the most exciting announcement they had today.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You forgot the part where the XP boost from having a capped job goes from 50% to 100% from 50-60

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Worded like that you make it sound like Jesus would be saly about going to Doma.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

+ Reply to Thread